Jul 23, 2016, 06:40 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

El Tigre plans or info?

Looking for plans or info for Dennis Donahue's El Tigre from the early 70's, I would like to build one for VRCS events if I can find plans.

Believe it was published in AAM at one point, as a kid I remember seeing this model at East Coast meets and thought it was cool, certainly different looking .

This photo in the classic pattern image gallery is the only one I've found.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2016, 07:14 AM
RFJ
RFJ
This might be of interest

Ray
Jul 23, 2016, 07:35 AM
Thread OP
Ray,

You're amazing! Thank you

Scott Wallace
Jul 23, 2016, 10:00 AM
Ray,

Now....that was impressive !
Scott, I met Dennis several times at various shows on the East Coast back in the '70s. Nice gentleman, he flew the El Tigre very well.

B
Last edited by bradl7112; Jul 23, 2016 at 10:12 AM.
Jul 23, 2016, 02:09 PM
AMA 46133
Ray to the rescue again. Great find. I remember that plane in the magazine.
Jul 24, 2016, 04:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradl7112
Ray,

Now....that was impressive !
Scott, I met Dennis several times at various shows on the East Coast back in the '70s. Nice gentleman, he flew the El Tigre very well.

B

Good to know, I saw him compete at the Aeroguidance Society Pattern meet in the early 70's a time or two. The El Tigre and Bonnetti's 'Troublemaker' were the ones that caught my eye. Back then the contest was held at the local Tri-Cities airport and attracted 70+ contestants.

This year will mark the AGS's 61st consecutive aerobatics contest (held at our club field) but we're down to a handful of out of town entries and very small additional entries from our club.
Last edited by Lowrider1960; Jul 24, 2016 at 05:42 PM.
Jul 24, 2016, 05:32 PM
I can CAD this baby up for you guys. I downloaded the scan.
Jul 24, 2016, 07:08 PM
Thread OP
^ excellent, thank you Proparc!
Jul 24, 2016, 07:13 PM
I would love to get a set of plans for that, always liked the look of it.
Jul 24, 2016, 08:28 PM

Part of Plan Missing

Part of the plan is missing from page three. If it was complete we'd have it!
Jul 24, 2016, 09:05 PM
This is as good as I have come across, not sure if it helps you at all Proparc.
Jul 25, 2016, 07:48 AM
I have an idea, (stop the snickering, I get ideas lol) if anyone knows the actual length of the fuselage and or, the actual length of one wing panel, that might work.
Jul 25, 2016, 08:02 AM
I came across this but can't verify it.

The tailplane span is 24" and the wing span is 60". Useful scaling dimensions to use are the elevator & aileron chords which are both 2".
This info was posted by RFJ on RCU some years ago .

The article in this thread also said the fuselage was only 2 3/4 at its widest point.
Last edited by aviationf4u; Jul 25, 2016 at 03:27 PM.
Jul 25, 2016, 09:10 AM
Hey Lowrider,
I got to see Dennis fly his El Tigre quite a few times in competition, but his demo flights were pretty special (I only saw 2 of those). He liked to fly LOW!
Sorry to hear the AGS contest participation is dwindling, but I think that is pretty true for pattern across the country. I competed there several times in the late '70s until my last attendance in 1989. It always drew a large number of contestants back then, regularly from Ohio and Canada. One of my favorites!
-Will
Jul 25, 2016, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviationf4u
I came across this but can't verify it.

The tailplane span is 24" and the wing span is 60". Useful scaling dimensions to use are the elevator & aileron chords which are both 2".
This info was,posted by RFJ

The article in this thread also said the fuselage was only 2 3/4 at its widest point.
I think we may be able to do something with that.

Quick Reply