Jul 21, 2016, 08:40 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

NEW Axial SMT10 Grave Digger Monster Jam truck

Wow! Finally... I have been thinking for years that Axial should make a scale monster truck, and they finally have. Looks great. Love the scale green frame. It just needs red LED headlights and a Jolly Roger flag.

http://www.axialracing.com/products/ax90055

Axial AX90055 SMT10™ Grave Digger Monster Jam Truck 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD – RTR (3 min 11 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2016, 02:39 PM
Helis & Quads
Pretty expensive for brushed? Looks cool. Any word on a kit version?
Jul 22, 2016, 06:52 PM
Thread OP
I would say a kit version would have to come with a black chassis. I agree, a low cost brushless system should be standard at this price point. Although on a dedicated crawler I prefer brushed. Not going to spend the money on a sensored brushless setup for that.
Jul 22, 2016, 09:35 PM
Finally I real monster truck traxxas should of built this year's ago
Jul 22, 2016, 09:50 PM
Thread OP
Yeah it's expensive but don't forget Tower coupons especially if you're a super saver member!

We older adult modelers don't care that it's $100 more than it should be. I would pre-order but I have enough cars in the box already.
Jul 23, 2016, 06:15 AM
Car Bashing
When i watch this photo, it look like rc monster truck :

Name: gd_monster_jam_950.jpg
Views: 78
Size: 138.0 KB
Description:

Pity, chassis/roll cage isn't 100% same as original. At this price i hope it will be undestructible, more strong than original, they always break something during their shows.
Jul 25, 2016, 11:32 AM
Folks who think this is expensive must not be familiar with Axial products. When compared to the vehicles that this shares parts with, the price is absolutely in line with its peers. A RTR Wraith is about $400 with a brushed motor. The wheels & tires, body, and above all, licensing costs are all expenses that I would have expected to make the SMT10 more expensive than the Wraith, yet it comes in the same.
Oct 11, 2016, 02:05 AM
Wow the car is a most

I read a review here what do you think guys is it a most have RC car
Aug 04, 2017, 08:18 AM
Check my blog....
I know this is an old thread, but I am a real digger fan... I am in awe of Dennis and his achievements .... Ryan and Adam too... but here in Australia, this truck is $AU575 without battery and although I would like to support Feld and Monster Jam, I simply cant afford to If I had the cash, I would have a real (Axial) grave digger, as well as a MaxD, Metal Mulisha.... I would have them all.... but instead, I have had to settle for a Chinese rip off... a HSP 94111 monster truck.

Mine all up cost me $AU200 and has twin shocks, I chose to buy brushed and fit wheel bearings myself and I have fitted a 120 amp esc, and a 3660 2600kv brushless with 23T gears... I run it on 2S (6200mAh) and it is blisteringly fast and can wheelie for ages, even after half an hour of pounding. I tried 3S but it was simply un controllable... any more than half throttle from a standing start and it would simply flip upside down and travel forward (well, backwards upside down) a couple of feet. It is also pretty fast and strangely, handles quite well. It can cop a pounding for 45 minutes and by the time I drive it back to the pit, the esc and motor are barely warm.

So, as much as I would like the more realistic Axial, which is a beautiful machine, it would have to be a shelf queen, display only really, I have too much fun beating on mt 'poverty pack' ... The first 10' I drove mine (I upgraded from brushed before I first drove it) I flipped it and scratched up the back and roof of the shell, and ground off the top of the back body posts.... If I had bought the Axial and done that, I think I would have cried (for real)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post38035666

If I am ever caught at a weak moment and an Axial GD turns up at an unbelievable price, and my itchy buy now trigger finger (hair trigger) ricochet's off the buy now button.... I am sure I will end up with one... but I couldn't bash it around....
Aug 09, 2017, 01:41 PM
Site Aspie
Calcifer

If you have a 3D printer you can make my monster truck, which looks quite realistic. Not as durable as an axial though, but just print new parts when it breaks. I designed mounts for the same body you use.

www.thingiverse.com/thing:2299884
Latest blog entry: EL-39 compilation video
Aug 09, 2017, 04:27 PM
Check my blog....
That's a cool truck Lynxman...

looks like a great hobby expander being able to print stuff...

Is it expensive to get into?
Aug 09, 2017, 05:44 PM
Site Aspie
About $300 for a good printer (Wanhao Duplicator i3) and US $25 per kg of filament. About that in Norway as well. Probably the same in Australia.
Aug 09, 2017, 05:56 PM
Car Bashing
Can this printer use super lynon filament?
Aug 09, 2017, 06:51 PM
Site Aspie
I've never heard of super lynon. Do you have a link? In stock form it can print any filament that works up to 260C. That is limited in the firmware so you can't set a higher temp, which will damage the stock hot end. I have printed Taulman 910 which is a strong nylon filament and that will only just print at 260C.
Aug 09, 2017, 07:09 PM
Car Bashing
I can't find a link, i'm not a 3D printing expert, i seen it in a video.

Quick Reply