Dec 03, 2019, 12:13 AM
Starting a wing panel. Laid the fuselage next to the root and surprised at how large this model will be.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2019, 01:11 AM
Tried to screw up a wing panel. Thought that I would put in the Al. tube. It lined up beautifully and so I glued it in. OOPS, no webs, no holes in the webs. Thankfully yellow glue doesn't hold that well on Al. and a sharp xacto took care of the wood glue joint and the tube came out. Ready to flip the panel over and see what I can do next.
Dec 14, 2019, 12:54 AM
One panel in the sanding stage. Have to figure out the moving surfaces next. Wing tip holes didn't line up with the 3mm bullet connectors and are leading to an interesting sanding problem (add some wood - take some away). Hopefully no one will know the difference.
Jan 01, 2020, 10:35 PM
Sorry to butt in here but I thought that I would include my version of a RES dart for the sake of completeness. It has flown and performs as advertised . It has a 60 W motor running from an 850MaH 2S LiPo

Carolyn
Jan 02, 2020, 08:33 AM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Very nice. I really like the extended nose. It gives the plane a sleek look.
Mark
Jan 18, 2020, 12:56 AM
I like the look also.

Kids got me a 3D printer for Christmas. Dart is now in the back seat with one wing lacking connected control surfaces and the other still on the top side up jig.

Quick Reply