Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 18, 2017, 10:01 AM

dsa-pipe

Hi kinemax!

Quote:
manual tells that it shall be 133mm beyond LE of rib18 because of F3RES regulations.
This position is also correct for the plywood-pipes and is responsible for the very uncomplicated flight characteristics.
Modifications can be done after a number of flights with two small additional plywood parts. This parts lead to a little better flight-performance by causing a little less forgiving flight-behavior (stall comes later but more intensive). I will send some pictures tomorrow.
In my opinion only experienced res-dart pilots are able to use this slightly better performance and i think that most pilots benefit more by using the unmodified wing tips.

kind regards

Franz
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 12:35 AM
Thank you - this explains my doubts. I'm also interested in this additional mods for future playing, but of course I must learn res-dart first...
Yet another question for e-Res version: What motors parameters are recommended for it ?
I consider making flexible e-fuse with possibility of mounting motor either front or back for tests...
Jun 19, 2017, 04:32 AM
Hi kinemex!

Akku: 450mAh+ (max. Breite 33 mm)
Regler: 12A +
Motor: 2822 KV1400 (2S oder 3S) oder 2822 KV1200 (3S)
Luftschrauben: 9 x 5 / 9 x 6,5 / 9 x 7 / 10 x 8

picture as announced:
Name: DSC05819.jpg
Views: 28
Size: 217.5 KB
Description:

kind regards

Franz
Jun 19, 2017, 05:53 AM
You know nothing....
Came across this-
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1&d=1477856657
Jun 19, 2017, 07:00 AM
Many thanks!
Yesterday, 10:34 AM

Can't find 38mm spinner for 3 mm motor shaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by resdart
Hi villanyie!

Depending on servocablelength you need 2 with about 40 cm and 2 with about 80 cm.
The spinner i use is from aeronaut and the diameter is 38 mm (length 36,5).

kind regards

Franz
Hi;

Where did you find your spinner? I ordered the motor suggested on the Hyper flight web site but it has a 3mm shaft and I cannot find a 38mm spinner that accepts a 3mm motor shaft.

Thanks,
MDR
Yesterday, 01:56 PM
Lost in the Sky
Aloft Hobbies has 38mm BB Precision Aluminum Turbo Spinners for Folding Props. They come with 4mm collets and 3mm to 6mm collets are available.

Spinners and collets: http://alofthobbies.com/aluminum-tur...ing-props.html

Aeronaut Cam Blades: http://alofthobbies.com/power/props/...t-folders.html

I have ordered from Aloft several times and have received my orders very quickly.
Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Lost in the Sky

Scratch Built E-RES-Dart Fuselage

I tried flying my RES-Dart on a high start at the SMALL 2017 Meet a few weeks ago and had some fun but found it too much work and not enough flying. The maintenance to flight ratio for using a glider on a high start compared to the rest of my electric powered models is way out of wack. It takes far too much time to set up and use and take down a high start compared to the tiny effort of charging a motor battery and opening up the throttle. This experience made me decide that my RES-Dart was going to join the rest of my fleet with modern green electric power. Just think how much more fun a Tesla is with electric power than without.

Here is the beginning of my scratch built E-RES-Dart fuselage based on the one described in the RES-Dart Construction Manual V 2.3. It is made of 3mm light plywood and uses the BB-Turbo Spinner and prop blades described in my previous post. The bulkheads are different from the manual. The motor is a Hacker A20-26M that I had on hand. I will leave the tail end of the fuselage open for motor, ESC, and battery cooling. More pictures to come.
Yesterday, 03:48 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Do you feel like the motor/esc/battery weigh about the same as the weight you had to add in the non-motorized version?

Or do you think you will have to move the battery back towards the CG or more to get it to balance the same as the non-motorized version?
Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Lost in the Sky
I did a preliminary check and it looks like the 850 ma 3 cell I am using will be a little ahead of the CG. With the motor, prop, ESC, and a receiver it almost balances. I'm going to use a long hatch piece that goes from the behind the top piece to a little behind the rear wing pin. The business with all the little hatch holes was just too annoying.
Today, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the tip. I appreciate the info very much.

Regards,
MDR