Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 21, 2016, 11:02 AM
Discussion

Res-dart

Has anyone heard anything about the RES-DART. The designer contacted me in May and said the kits would be available in 2 months. Nothing since then. Flying Niko is the guy and he's from Austria.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2016, 11:12 AM
less is more
Post #51 suggests that kits will be available.

If you are able to locate a kit, be sure to keep us here on the Nurflügel forum up to date on your progress.

Kent
Jul 21, 2016, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoll53
Post #51 suggests that kits will be available.

If you are able to locate a kit, be sure to keep us here on the Nurflügel forum up to date on your progress.

Kent
I will do a build log for sure. I'm just overly excited to get a kit and get the build started.

Pete
Jul 21, 2016, 12:51 PM
less is more
"Late summer" is the estimate for kits to be available, which is not too encouraging. It is not clear why there would be a delay. This appears to be a CNC cut wood kit. So "ramp up" time should be about a day. There was a comment about sourcing materials.

Regardless of delays, the design appears to have stellar float performance for a swept wing.

Maybe while we're waiting for your kit to arrive, I can scratch build a similar ship in the same category and we can compare results.

Kent
Jul 22, 2016, 11:47 AM
Well guys I should be getting my kit in September. I'm pumped. Coming from Zeller Modellbau.
Jul 22, 2016, 09:45 PM
Hey PDARR, could you post a link? I can't find the kit on their site.
Jul 26, 2016, 10:36 AM
Hussle.....I originally contacted Flying Niko who is the designer. He then forwarded my information to Zeller who contacted me. The kits aren't in production yet so that is probably why the model isn'y on their web site.

Pete
Jul 26, 2016, 10:38 AM
less is more
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDARR
I'm just overly excited to get a kit and get the build started.Pete
It looks like a very quick build. Hopefully the kit will include a "rib jig" that you can just drop the ribs into for perfect alignment. You've got over a month to get your flight pack and covering materials ordered and ready.
Jul 27, 2016, 09:06 AM
Franz Heindler is the designer of the RESdart and Erich Penz is the one that already made some CNC-versions as a kit available. But, at www.zeller-modellbau.com the following kits will be available late summer.

[extra info]
It seems that Zeller wants to include 'all' necessary items in the kit-version ('Baukasten') of RESdart, that's why it takes them some extra time. I think it is worth waiting a while as it safes in project-time spent getting all kinds of small items from local hobbystore/ online sources.

Kind regards,

Flying Niko
Last edited by FlyingNiko; Jul 28, 2016 at 06:26 AM. Reason: extra info
Aug 02, 2016, 06:40 AM
Last edited by drive320; Aug 02, 2016 at 07:06 AM.
Oct 14, 2016, 12:30 PM
Any new word if this is going to be sold.
Oct 16, 2016, 10:45 PM
Robert Zeller from Zeller Modellbau said in an email dated 7/23 that he would keep me informed about the RES-dart. Haven't heard anything yet but they are still flying across the pond. I'm just nervously waiting.
Nov 23, 2016, 02:42 AM

res-dart

information: https://zeller-modellbau.com/catalog...lt/?q=res-dart

best regards

Franz
Nov 23, 2016, 04:44 AM

production

starts now: https://zeller-modellbau.com/catalog...lt/?q=res-dart

kind regards

franz
Nov 24, 2016, 09:35 PM
Pay pal tomorrow and mine is on it's way here to SW Pennsylvania. I'm pumped!