New Spektrum TELEMETRY receivers AR6600T/6270T/8010T/9030T/9320T - RC Groups
Jul 20, 2016, 05:06 PM
Alert

New Spektrum TELEMETRY receivers AR6600T/6270T/8010T/9030T/9320T

After ages and with every other major manufacturer having receivers with integrated telemetry it seems that Spektrum product management woke up from their snow-white's sleep and brought us this (release date August, according to a big Austrian hobby-shop).

They are moving in the right direction. We are still missing a telemetry enabled sum-receiver like the AR7700. Every heli pilot with a FBL system and copter pilot is waiting for something like that....

Also "official" links available:
http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Defau...dID=SPMAR6600T
http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Defau...dID=SPMAR6270T

Edit: Added 8010T, 9030T, 9320T.
Last edited by Mukenukem; Nov 14, 2016 at 09:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2016, 05:59 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
YES!

Given the minor extra cost of the AR6270T and the fact it's end-pin, I see a lot of glider guys liking it.

As long as they get them into stores reasonably fast these are going to be a real hit. They just solved my biggest issue with Spektrum.

Still a bit pricey for what they are, but overall a major win.

Also bind buttons on the Rx. No plug needed.
Jul 20, 2016, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Given the minor extra cost of the AR6270T and the fact it's end-pin, I see a lot of glider guys liking it.
That's good, because it's the latest addition to the Sailplane line (AR6250, AR6255, AR6260...).

Andy
Jul 20, 2016, 06:20 PM
And for a 4 servo wing motor glider add a 7th channel
Jul 20, 2016, 06:23 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
And for a 4 servo wing motor glider add a 7th channel
And a baby 4ch end-pin version for DLG's ;-)
Jul 20, 2016, 06:25 PM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
They look promising. If I read correctly there is no built in altimeter, so if you want that you need to add the external sensor?
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Jul 20, 2016, 06:26 PM
It's a dry heat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
That's good, because it's the latest addition to the Sailplane line (AR6250, AR6255, AR6260...).

Andy
Does this use the same telemetry sensors as the TM1000?
Jul 20, 2016, 06:38 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwrizzol
Does this use the same telemetry sensors as the TM1000?
Yes, since it has the X-bus port that the TM1000 has.
Jul 20, 2016, 06:38 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Sumner
They look promising. If I read correctly there is no built in altimeter, so if you want that you need to add the external sensor?
Yes, the only built-in Telemetry is Rx voltage & signal (which is typical for telemetry RX's from all vendors)
Jul 20, 2016, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Yes, the only built-in Telemetry is Rx voltage & signal (which is typical for telemetry RX's from all vendors)
....a guy can dream can't he?.....
Jul 20, 2016, 09:46 PM
Quote:
It can't have an integrated sensor and be used in competition. A few months back people were complaining about us and telemetry and such, and I was saying we had a plan, etc. This is what I was talking about.

Andy
Jul 20, 2016, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
It can't have an integrated sensor and be used in competition. A few months back people were complaining about us and telemetry and such, and I was saying we had a plan, etc. This is what I was talking about.

Andy
Thanks Andy,

I never thought about using in competition...selfish me wanted a rx with built in altimeter for gliders....
Jul 20, 2016, 10:08 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Thanks Andy,

I never thought about using in competition...selfish me wanted a rx with built in altimeter for gliders....
As another glider guider, I greatly prefer having a vario/altimiter as a separate unit.

That way there's never any doubt as to what's installed in the bird. I'd rather have a separate unit for the sensor and zero questions as to what's SAP-legal or Competition legal.
Jul 21, 2016, 05:59 AM
Nice fact: The 6600T has an additional remote RX port. Even better coverage.
Please Spektrum don't ruin it this time with a buggy firmware. Have it tested really and thoroughly.

And release one with a different firmware for copters/helis (SUM, Remote RX and SRXL).
Jul 21, 2016, 02:18 PM
Yes please one with Remote rx or SRXL output would be awesome for us Heli pilots!!!