This thread is privately moderated by FoamieNinja, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 20, 2016, 02:43 PM
Fly Different
Thread OP
Cool

FliteFest 2016, and the HCT-1800:

It's been a while since my last update... So I figured I should follow up with the last place I've been.

As you know, FliteFest 2016 ran last week - July 14-17, with people arriving as early as the 12th.
I arrived early Wednesday, just to see what was going on. We got everything set up, and started off a bit slow for the weekend.

Surprisingly, all of the (preregistered) camping spots filled quickly, as people began to peak around Friday.

Though it did feel a bit different than the previous year, it was still a decently well rounded experience. There were a few less-than-friendly volunteers that aimed to cause a minor stir here and there, but at the same time, I was able to meet up with those I saw from the previous year, as well as from other events.

Most notably, The RC Saylors, Greg Bowles, and a few others. All of which are amazing people.

I'll have to do a photo dump later, to cover what I had time to get footage of.

On the other side of things, this is where my tandem design was given a chance to shine. I brought the original prototype, as well as the 250, 450, and 1800mm versions. I drew quite the crowd with them, especially the latter.

The 1800 turned out to be a major success. Not only drawing a crowd of hundreds of people, It struck the interest of many others.

FNRC NinjaBite - The HCT-1800 Lifts Off. (2 min 35 sec)

FNRC Sneak Peek - The Beast comes to FliteFest 2016! (6 min 23 sec)

Though I do need to make a few minor changes, as the 80 amp ESCs are too small to handle the spikes, generated by rapid changes in motor rpm.
I may see if I can find some 150-200 amp ones instead.
Another major issue was the connection to the main bus. EC5 connectors are far too cheap, and flimsy to handle the current being drawn through them.
I'm currently in the process of switching them out and using a set of castle connectors instead. They claim to be capable of a 200 amp continuous draw.

With that aside, I'll be leaving a small dump of photos from FF16 here. Don't forget to check them out!

------------

Be sure to watch for updates via Facebook & Instagram!
Let's not forget Twitter, and YouTube as well

Until next time!
To Be Continued...
Last edited by FoamieNinja; Jul 20, 2016 at 03:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply