Jul 20, 2016, 12:59 PM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Eachine Tiny QX90: SPF3, FrSky D8, 38g, ARF (in early construction)

Disclaimer (inspired from SP) Product specifications and quality may vary at the manufacturer's discretion, and are beyond my influence. I cannot guarantee you will get a product that performs exactly the same as seen and described in this review. Please, no savage affiliate links!. By the way, in contracdiction with some other reviewers, I open a new mini-review thread ONLY when I have the machine in hand ....

INTRODUCTION

Here is one of the firt cheap BNF brushed mini-FPV machine, the Eachine Tiny QX90.. First the first, a relatively cheap chinese product includes a powerfull open SPF3 FC board, a compact FPV-Cam combo and an efficient FrSky (D8) receiver module. It's not a toy, but a real FPV plateform.. Let's discover the bundle

BOX CONTENT

+ 1 x Eachine QX90 (with a 1S 600mAh LiPo with microLOSI connector)
+ 1 x Charger cable
+ 4 x Spare props (2 CW, 2 CCW)
+ 2 x Spare motors (1 CW, 1 CCW)
+ 1 x Spare battery
+ 1 x Instruction manual (English)

OVERVIEW

-Front view

-Side view

-Rear view

The bind button of the FrSy receiver. To bind the quadcopter with your compatible radio, press this button while powering on the radio.

The antenna is folded Inside.

-Upper view

-Bottom view

The battery must be attached via rubber bands. Unfortunatly none of them are given in the bundle.

Be aware, to fasten well the nylon standoff playing the rol of landing gear... They are easy to loose after shocks.

-Weight

54g AWG... relatively light for a FPV machine.... equiped of strong 8.5mm motors

Motors

Motors are jailed with sillicone pods

LiPo

A 600mAh 1S LiPo, no discharge mentioned... ending with microLOSI connector

Camera-FPV module

A 25mW without casing and with a 4 leaves antenna

The antenna is directly soldered on the camera PCB... and versus time will be damaged with hard crash. No antenna guard ...

The camera is a 520TVL Cmos camera broadcasting in NTSC format. No switch to turn on PAL. The camera comes with a M7 lens mount with a very large FOV (around 170 degrees). Maybe a better outdoors option is too install more a 120 degrees version.

UNBOXING, CONFIGURATION AND DEMO FLIGHT

In term of configuration in Cleanflight, the default setting uses the AUX1 channel to arm to machine and only the stable flight mode is active. Be aware, the channel order by default don't match the classic FrSky receiver order (see configuration part).

Eachine QX90 unboxing, configuration and demo flight (Courtesy Banggood) (23 min 46 sec)

The machine is first of all flying well with default settings. Maybe some woobles are here after a flip/roll in rattitude. The FPV link is good with a clear image but IMHO a little bit blured and a too wide FOV for outdoors practice.

Eachine QX90 new demo flight (Courtesy Banggood) (9 min 59 sec)

CONCLUSIONS

PROS

+ SPracing F3 board
+ FrSky (D8) 8CH receiver with really good range
+ 54g AWG
+ Good FPV range
+ 6min of flight times

CONS

- Props can pop out easily
- No rubber band to attach the LiPo
- No prop guards
- No power switch

This quadcopter have been courtesy provided by Banggood in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thank them for this attitude.
You can find it actually for 70USD at http://www.banggood.com/Tiny-QX90-90mm-Micro-FPV-Racing-Quadcopter-BNF-Based-On-F3-Flight-Controller-FrSKY-Taranis-X9D-p-1069614.html
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Aug 12, 2016 at 01:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2016, 01:00 PM
Thread OP
reserved
Jul 20, 2016, 02:05 PM
Thread OP
Would like to test this one
Jul 20, 2016, 03:42 PM
I have been trying to put together something exactly like this (90mm frame, not a racer) except with a DVR. I had planned on using an H101/H8 FC/receiver and transmitter, but sure I am ready to put out the cash for the X9D, I had hoped to go with something a little cheaper but would work with all my toy quads (at least the CX-10, H8, and H101 with or without flashed firmware) and with any quads I might build in the near future.
Jul 20, 2016, 05:08 PM
I would love to see how this one flies compared to my Tiny Whoop!! Nice find!!!
Jul 20, 2016, 07:18 PM
Cleared for take off...
Looks interesting, clicked the alert button
Jul 20, 2016, 11:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFromYEG
I would love to see how this one flies compared to my Tiny Whoop!! Nice find!!!

Me too
Jul 21, 2016, 02:24 AM
Good find...
Jul 21, 2016, 09:46 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneRequired
Good find...

A lot of chance that I will grab it for a review
Jul 21, 2016, 12:15 PM
FrSky D8 receiver means that a Devo 7e with the CC2500 module installed can be used, right? I see a 3-1 module with cc2500 (needed for this one?), A7105 (for my Hubsan X4 H107C), and NRF24L01 (for my Cx-10s, H8s, H22, H101, H8S 3D) for the Devo 7e, time to move away from the toy transmitters, under 100 bucks for Devo 7e and the module (probably close to 100 when all the other modes are done).
Jul 21, 2016, 12:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangster
FrSky D8 receiver means that a Devo 7e with the CC2500 module installed can be used, right? I see a 3-1 module with cc2500 (needed for this one?), A7105 (for my Hubsan X4 H107C), and NRF24L01 (for my Cx-10s, H8s, H22, H101, H8S 3D) for the Devo 7e, time to move away from the toy transmitters, under 100 bucks for Devo 7e and the module (probably close to 100 when all the other modes are done).

Yes a Devo 7E + CC2500 will bind this machine. Be aware with the 3-in-1 module, for the CC2500 some owners reported they have problem to bind or have normal range with it... It's linked with the quartz/clock not so precize .... and frequency hoping need to be super precize for the S-FHSS protocol for example ....
Jul 21, 2016, 01:38 PM
Got to buy this little bugger....

Seems it's 2S compatible too (in terms of the used FC, 10A current. NICE.) Searching for this thing made me land here.. (Makes sense I'm using a devo10, seems like the receiver can be replaced with a standard DSM(x) satellite, which what I want to do (i fly all my quads with these satellites in combination with the devo) Already using a nrf24l01 and the hubsan, I also read about the issues with the frsky protocol on that 3in1 module.

Here is the flightcontroller, also fairly cheap! 18,9usd. (2S compatible, so it seems)

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...699300469.html
Jul 22, 2016, 11:39 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by serum
Got to buy this little bugger....

Seems it's 2S compatible too (in terms of the used FC, 10A current. NICE.) Searching for this thing made me land here.. (Makes sense I'm using a devo10, seems like the receiver can be replaced with a standard DSM(x) satellite, which what I want to do (i fly all my quads with these satellites in combination with the devo) Already using a nrf24l01 and the hubsan, I also read about the issues with the frsky protocol on that 3in1 module.

Here is the flightcontroller, also fairly cheap! 18,9usd. (2S compatible, so it seems)

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...699300469.html

Yes this FC sound super great ...Soon also sold by BG: http://www.banggood.com/Micro-32bits-Brushed-Flight-Control-Board-Based-On-SP-RACING-F3-EVO-Brush-For-Micro-FPV-Frame-p-1070068.html

I should grab one of this QX90 for a review
Jul 22, 2016, 11:59 PM
1. What is the estimated video transmission range with 25mw ?
2. I assume the Taranis is capable of 1km distance ?
3. Any word on how good the camera is ?
Jul 23, 2016, 12:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvestor2002
1. What is the estimated video transmission range with 25mw ?
2. I assume the Taranis is capable of 1km distance ?
3. Any word on how good the camera is ?

1) WIth a good -95dBm receiver, you can expect 100-150m
2) Dépends of the buildin FrSky receiver and associated RX antennas. I expect more 300-400m max ...
3) Should be a classic 600TVL cam ... CMOS one of course with an avarage light sensifivity.

Quick Reply