New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2004, 11:36 AM
Find More Posts by Daniel11
Cool

I need plans/3 views for P-51D Mustang

I am working on a 1/12 scale scale model of the P-51D mustang, and need either free plans or free 3-views with fuselage cross sections for it. The plans don't even need to be 1/12 scale, I'd scale them to the size I need. The fuselage is going to be vacuum formed 2mm zepron foam, covered with silver microlite film applied in individual panels. Other scale details include: concealed hinges, working flaps, wingtip lights, and retractable landing gear.
currently I only have small 3 views , a mock-up, homemade scale retractable tailgear, and ideas.

-Daniel
Last edited by Daniel11; Mar 12, 2005 at 05:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2004, 11:42 AM
Find More Posts by mrittinger
Gravity sucks.
Where's Vicksburg? I'm in Warren.

Seem like a lot of stuff to put into a 1/12 scale ship. My 42" span variant, witha scale wing and tail planform, at 45 ounces has a 22+ ounce wingloading. I can't imagine putting all the extra goodies in there.....Sounds like a neat project though....

There may be some erally good three-views on the Flight Journal site, as well doing a search on Google for Aircraft 3-views or similar. You have to watch out where you get some, theya re some really inaccurate ones out there.

Mark
Old Sep 01, 2004, 12:05 PM
Find More Posts by plane_spotter

P51 rc combat plan

Many people rave about a design in cad by Steve Hergett for r/c combat here is a link for you to d/l. You will need autocad or similar to view the files.

Hope this helps.

http://www.aircombat.nl/bouwtekening/dxf_sh_p51d.zip
Old Sep 01, 2004, 03:02 PM
Find More Posts by The Max-Q
The below link is to a set of Earl Stahl plans. I doubt they're what you're looking for but they came to mind quickly.

http://www.theplanpage.com/esp/p51d_files/p51d.zip

This might be more along your lines. Below is a set of P-51-A/B/C/D 3-views, but the crosssections aren't of the D model.

http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/p51.zip
http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/p51-2.zip

Hope this helps!

Cameron Aach
Last edited by The Max-Q; Sep 01, 2004 at 03:11 PM.
Old Sep 01, 2004, 03:44 PM
Find More Posts by Jim Robinson
Grizzled Member
Daniel,

I ran across this set of Mustang plans. It's the same set plane_spotter suggested, but somebody along the line apparently didn't like the not-too-scale wing drawing so they apparently designed a new wing and included it in the .zip file. I haven't built this model, so can't really say if it's a good one or not, but it looks like it should be OK. Here's the file:

P51D.zip

Jim
Old Sep 01, 2004, 09:49 PM
Gravity sucks.
Hmmmm, how about making a Piper PA 48 Enforcer???? That would be neat
Old Sep 02, 2004, 09:29 AM

Enforcer

If you were to get me (for free) plans and documentation for the Enforcer, I could make one.
Old Sep 02, 2004, 09:30 AM

I need more

I still need more

-Daniel
Old Sep 02, 2004, 08:05 PM
Gravity sucks.
http://s96920072.onlinehome.us/AWA1/...er/walk170.htm
I have a customer that was on the Enforcer project , He stated the tail had been lengthened by something like 17", the fin and stab modifed. according to this guy, only about 10% of the final ship was actually P51 interchangable.
Still, the longer tail and lack of bellly scoop would make a nice performing plane......
Somewhere, I had begun converting my P51 from MAN into a drawing for the Enforcer, but I can't seem to find it. If I do I'll post it.

Mark
Old Sep 02, 2004, 08:07 PM
Gravity sucks.
The pic there is from the Cavailier Turbo Mustang , that would go on to become the Enforcer.I believe the image my be flopped, as the exhaust I think was on the left, and the tail had yet to be stretched.

Mark
Old Sep 03, 2004, 12:12 AM
Find More Posts by JohnBlankenship

Turbo Mustang / Enforcer

Flying Models magazine Plan CD-62 details 24.5 inch span rubber powered models of both planes. 3-views are included on the plan. The plan and article were published, I believe, in the Sept 1998 issue.

My memory doesn't always serve me too well anymore, but I seem to recall reading that the Enforcer was based on the P-51D, and the Turbo was based on the later model with the different cranked wing and different canopy shape. Both used turboprop engines. I saw the Enforcer recently at the USAF Museum.

John