How's Foxeer doing? - RC Groups
Jul 19, 2016, 05:10 AM
Discussion

How's Foxeer doing?

Here is the official discussion thread by Foxeer. Any questions or feedback about products manufactured by Foxeer, please feel free to post here, our representatives will reply to the posts soon.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2016, 07:19 AM
Fix the flashing osd on the hs1190's and make it configurable!

apart from that.. I have had no issues with foxeer stuff.
Jul 19, 2016, 01:05 PM
Are the default settings on the HS1190 the recommended ones for us outdoor FPV fliers?

I applied the HS1177 optimal settings and it appears to be better, but I have only tested indoors.
Jul 21, 2016, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative0100
Fix the flashing osd on the hs1190's and make it configurable!

apart from that.. I have had no issues with foxeer stuff.
Yes, we're working on it. And we probably can fix it into version with non switching OSD in another two weeks.

Any news we will keep it posted here.
Jul 21, 2016, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodrush
Are the default settings on the HS1190 the recommended ones for us outdoor FPV fliers?

I applied the HS1177 optimal settings and it appears to be better, but I have only tested indoors.
The HS1190 arrow camera has the same OSD as HS1177 camera. Using the factory setting for HS1177 would be OK.

Moreover, there are many videos about HS1177 OSD setting available on youtube, such as this one
Optimal Settings for FPV on HS1177 Cameras from Surveilzone (1 min 20 sec)
or this one
Foxeer HS1177 Camera Settings (2 min 0 sec)
Jul 22, 2016, 05:36 AM
Well my thoughts about Foxeer, nice Company, doing many things right .. but also some things wrong, like the Arrow FPV Cam.

For the FPV Cam's i would like to see a voltage range from 4-17V or 4-26V....why 4V you ask ... i like to install my VTX and Cam in one POD, or location where i can disassemble them very easy, and many VTX only puts out 5V, you know about the problems with the 5V output of some VTX'es.

About the new Legend 2, i just bought one from the Betatesters Batch, i saw that the SD card slot is on the side, i would like to have some sort of a better locking mechanism to prefent a SD Card ejection, like on the Runcam HD2, speaking of the Runcam, replaceable battery?
The Buttons on top... well move them to the front or back .. in the middle is mostly a strap to fix the cam on the Copter.

that's my thoughts
Jul 27, 2016, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Richard
Well my thoughts about Foxeer, nice Company, doing many things right .. but also some things wrong, like the Arrow FPV Cam.

For the FPV Cam's i would like to see a voltage range from 4-17V or 4-26V....why 4V you ask ... i like to install my VTX and Cam in one POD, or location where i can disassemble them very easy, and many VTX only puts out 5V, you know about the problems with the 5V output of some VTX'es.

About the new Legend 2, i just bought one from the Betatesters Batch, i saw that the SD card slot is on the side, i would like to have some sort of a better locking mechanism to prefent a SD Card ejection, like on the Runcam HD2, speaking of the Runcam, replaceable battery?
The Buttons on top... well move them to the front or back .. in the middle is mostly a strap to fix the cam on the Copter.

that's my thoughts
About the arrow camera, there would be a updated version with new OSD which can set ON/OFF and position of the name, voltage and timer.

As for 4-17V or 4-26V, since it is CCD camera, the voltage can not be lower than 4.7V. All we can do is update the voltage to be 4.8~35V.

As for the Legend 2 camera, we've noticed there are things can be improved. There would be a new version with protection cover for TF card slot. And the new version's battery is replaceable .
Jul 27, 2016, 01:48 AM
I'm having a hard time finding decent reviews on the new version Foxeer 5.8Ghz antenna. I'm keen to test out to see how they stack up against some of the other antennas out there.
Jul 27, 2016, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIFPV
About the arrow camera, there would be a updated version with new OSD which can set ON/OFF and position of the name, voltage and timer.

As for 4-17V or 4-26V, since it is CCD camera, the voltage can not be lower than 4.7V. All we can do is update the voltage to be 4.8~35V.

As for the Legend 2 camera, we've noticed there are things can be improved. There would be a new version with protection cover for TF card slot. And the new version's battery is replaceable .
Thanks for your respond..
so your saying that the Beta tester are real betatester and i blow money out the window oO?
I hope the 200 people get something.

for the CCD Cams.. yeah the 4,8-35V sound very good .. also the top end of 35V, because of the Voltage spikes some ESC give out.

My thoughts about the OSD thing ... well Voltage reading is kind of a wasted option, you really don't get any useful info out of it how you LiPo are doing, except how much Voltage sag you have.
For this kind you really want a full OSD with current and consumed mAh.
Bette focus on a good Cam and make the microphone good, so you don't hear the wind noise, just Motor's and Prop's.

As i say'd, my thoughts about the OSD ... no offend

//Edit:
oh and a other one... maybe get some opinion from other first before you put out a new Product, not only the internal testers/production team.
Aug 16, 2016, 02:55 PM
I hate the blinking OSD on the HS1190. I turned it off but the next time I used the camera, it was back on. Also, having only one connector that includes the both the camera controller and the camera output and power wires is a VERY BAD IDEA. I can't have the extra wires on my quad and have to remove the pins when it is installed but then have to reinsert the pins to configure it.
Aug 16, 2016, 05:57 PM
I didn't do it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco88
I hate the blinking OSD on the HS1190. I turned it off but the next time I used the camera, it was back on. Also, having only one connector that includes the both the camera controller and the camera output and power wires is a VERY BAD IDEA. I can't have the extra wires on my quad and have to remove the pins when it is installed but then have to reinsert the pins to configure it.

I do like this camera, but I agree with the one connector issue as well. Also, when is the OSD update going to be available? I too have turned mine off only to have it pop back up after cycling the power.
Aug 16, 2016, 07:15 PM
I have no idea whats going on!

Feedback on what i own

Pros;

Arrow - Great picture, great design with the extra case and the metal screw insert - this is by far the best advance in the scene in ages, i have lost count on how many hs1177 plastic cases i have ruined the screw thread on!!

Legend 2 - Great you have let a few test it out in advance (even if it did cost, but still worth it imo), nice form factor. Lense feels exposed and i get the feeling that will be the first thing to break and pretty quickly. App addition is great. Nice loud beeps to hear whats going on.

Other - Listens to feedback from the community and responds with amends or new products

Cons;

Arrow - Flashing text in first release (doent bother me tbh), timer (who needs that really if you have a working voltage?!), Inaccurate voltage reading (as its wrote to osd), Hiding the seperate VCC input to allow for a clean voltage to power the camera to stop the risk of popping them (i know a few who just assumed the vcc on the camera plug would be fine and they all popped), cable for osd (mine caught in the motors and are no longer attached). This all could have been fedback much quicker before the first release

Legend 2 - Dissapointing to hear it wont do 4k via firmware update and will be superseeded by one that will, so the legend 2 beta feels like a legend 1 with a new case really. Beeper in the app? whilst its a great idea you prob wont be in range to activate it when needed so its a little pointless whilst cute.

VTX - I have a pile of them that dont seem to stand up to much or are not functioning as they should, i have now moved to FX. Also using standard wiring colors would be great and making the connection stronger to the vtx too. I have also noticed blackouts when a bump happens.

Overall;

Good company in my experience but can do better... releases are done too quickly without getting proper feedback, alot of the revisions are obvious to all of us and mistakes can cost a brand image (Walkera have struggled with this i think).

I like how foxeer bring out products we want - i am keen to try out the pdb/osd and also the new arrow as i think they are potentially great products.

I have the legend 2 and await firmware updates to tweak it to its full potential as was done with the legend 1.
Aug 16, 2016, 08:53 PM
FPV ADDICTED
I bought one of your HS1189 XAT1200M 16:9 Camera's and I have to say I am very unhappy with it.
The picture quality,light handling and latency is shocking
Considering the high cost, I wish I would have stayed with the HS1177. The HS1189 was a waste of money
Aug 17, 2016, 06:25 AM
A man with too many toys
I also have a HS1189 and agree that the picture is much lower quality than my HS1177. I think that's what you can expect from a CMOS sensor. I sure wish they would make a 16:9 CCD camera.

Also the HS1189 does not work with any of my OSDs.

Very disappointed!

Aug 18, 2016, 03:00 AM
Overall foxeer still have some amount of respect remaining, but it is quickly fading due to some products which werent fully tested before release, or were just plain stupid ideas. The hs1190 is a complete failure, I see it is about 20$ now at shops around me, so everyone who paid full price for it is totally stuffed. Same with the legend 2 beta, left in the dust as they move on to the next bigger and better product that they havent even tested or asked the community what they want in a product.

And lets not forget the 25mw vtxs which put out 13mw in a bench test. Or the other 25mw switcher which puts out 500mw