Sep 20, 2019, 06:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaji_420
Well i researched more. And that is not the only difference between HQuad and XQuad. The major difference is the frame shape. Also, An H quad is typically longer in one direction compared to the other direction. That is the XQuad frame is square in shape, while the Hquad is rectangular. This causes unbalanced moments in the Hquad frame, resulting in unwanted yaw if one uses same Xquad frame firmware. Also, in Hquad, heading is along the longer arm of the frame while in VTOL frame the plane part heading is in cross direction(perpendicular to the longer arm of the Hquad). This causes unnecessary complications. So i redesigned my quad frame part to have a square frame as a XQuad and also setup Xquad in mission planner and accordingly placed my motors and rotations. and all issues solved. i had successful flight (vetical takeoff+transistion+reverse transistion+vertical landing). and i am using ardupilot firwmare.
FYI, the length of the arms, or more precisely, the distance from the CG to the motor shafts does not have any impact on yaw, so a rectangular frame is no different from a square frame in that respect. The aspect ratio of the frame can have an impact on pitch and roll tuning, but the mass distribution is rarely the same fore-aft as side-side anyway, so they are almost always a bit different.

Frame design is a structural issue. The chosen direction of motor rotation is almost entirely arbitrary. Many people are now using the front-out rotation to reduce stuff thrown into the camera lens, and for a long time that was considered non-standard. Motor rotation does matter if you are also using motor tilt to enhance yaw control. In that case you want the motor tilt and counter-torque from the motors to work together, not against each other.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2019, 04:50 PM

Pixhawk 2 VTOL +1 Mapping Plane

We have been building 4+1 VTOL mapping plane using Pixhawk 2! it is dragon VTOL, check out the attached photoes!
share the specifications of this plane:
Wingspan: 2160mm
Length: 1200mm
Wing area: 60dmē
Frame weight: 4 kg
Max take-off weight: 8kg
Max speed: 80 km/hr
Max payload: 1kg
Max Wind speed resistance: 40 km/hr
Landing Area: 3x3m

here are the configurations and setup:

4114 kv300 brushless motors for Lifting Motors

1555 CF propellersx4

40A Hobbywing ESC x 4

3520 kv500 brushless pulling motor x1 for plane

60A Hobbywing ESSCx1

1502 foldable propeller (wood propeller will work bettter!)

we have been tested, this VTOL plane can fly 1 and half hours with dual batteries -6S 22000mAh li ion 18650 batteries pack for fixed wing pushing motor , and 6S 4500-5000mAh high discharging lipo battery for the lifting motors!) with 1kg payload!
you can find it on this website: www.unmannedrc.com
Oct 02, 2019, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran D. St. Clair
FYI, the length of the arms, or more precisely, the distance from the CG to the motor shafts does not have any impact on yaw, so a rectangular frame is no different from a square frame in that respect. The aspect ratio of the frame can have an impact on pitch and roll tuning, but the mass distribution is rarely the same fore-aft as side-side anyway, so they are almost always a bit different.

Frame design is a structural issue. The chosen direction of motor rotation is almost entirely arbitrary. Many people are now using the front-out rotation to reduce stuff thrown into the camera lens, and for a long time that was considered non-standard. Motor rotation does matter if you are also using motor tilt to enhance yaw control. In that case you want the motor tilt and counter-torque from the motors to work together, not against each other.
yes, apologies if i was not clear enough, what i meant was if you are having a Hquad and select Xquad in your FC you will face yaw issues, vice versa
Oct 03, 2019, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriszhao
We have been building 4+1 VTOL mapping plane using Pixhawk 2! it is dragon VTOL, check out the attached photoes!
share the specifications of this plane:
Wingspan: 2160mm
Length: 1200mm
Wing area: 60dmē
Frame weight: 4 kg
Max take-off weight: 8kg
Max speed: 80 km/hr
Max payload: 1kg
Max Wind speed resistance: 40 km/hr
Landing Area: 3x3m

here are the configurations and setup:

4114 kv300 brushless motors for Lifting Motors

1555 CF propellersx4

40A Hobbywing ESC x 4

3520 kv500 brushless pulling motor x1 for plane

60A Hobbywing ESSCx1

1502 foldable propeller (wood propeller will work bettter!)

we have been tested, this VTOL plane can fly 1 and half hours with dual batteries -6S 22000mAh li ion 18650 batteries pack for fixed wing pushing motor , and 6S 4500-5000mAh high discharging lipo battery for the lifting motors!) with 1kg payload!
you can find it on this website: www.unmannedrc.com
Nice. Please upload a closeup or exploded view picture of how you are mounting the motors to the tubes.

Quick Reply