Aug 27, 2016, 02:26 PM

All done, here is my money

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv.blue
Import taxes are a pity, yes. All of the hardware currently supports 1080p, apart from the camera, that is 720p. 1.2/1.3 GHz is going to come right after the 900 MHz version, followed by 2.4 and 5.8 GHz. Around one third of the hardware is already out for manufacturing and we are putting the finishing touches on everything else. Hardware should be ready in no more than two months, but software will probably be running a bit late.
Great!!! So you say that I will be able to connect a GoPro for example at 1080 to your FPV.Blue system, won't I?

Finally you have created a modular and upgradeable device, able to work in three frequencies (900 for mine), with a 7 km range and ready to transmit 1080 with any HDMI camera if I want...

No more talking, here's my money and prepare and order to Europe, please!!!
Last edited by Max_FPV; Aug 27, 2016 at 02:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2016, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Import taxes are a pity, yes. All of the hardware currently supports 1080p, apart from the camera, that is 720p. 1.2/1.3 GHz is going to come right after the 900 MHz version, followed by 2.4 and 5.8 GHz. Around one third of the hardware is already out for manufacturing and we are putting the finishing touches on everything else. Hardware should be ready in no more than two months, but software will probably be running a bit late.
Brilliant! Thanks for the update
Aug 27, 2016, 06:49 PM
Dethroned Knight of HD FPV
Thread OP
That's right, you can connect a 1080p HDMI camera. It is going to be forced to work at 30 fps, increasing latency considerably. A good estimate is around 75-100 milliseconds, that needs to be added on top of the capture device latency, bringing the total to maybe 125-170 ms with a Gopro (it's just a very rough estimate and it needs to be tested).
Aug 27, 2016, 07:42 PM
100 ms would not be so long time...

But tell me, have you ever though in sell a low latency 1080 camera, as with 720p?

And by the way, a Full HD TV like a Samsung, Sony, etc, would add latency? Must I buy a especial gamer monitor?
Aug 28, 2016, 02:43 AM
Thread OP
I guess the only way to know for sure is to test it. A TV is probably going to add at least a frame of latency, but so does a monitor if it needs to resize the input image. Once that you get into the 100-150 ms+ zone I don't think you are going to see big differences due to monitors. A 1080p camera is possible, but it is not going to have the same video quality of a Gopro and it is going to reduce latency by just 2-3 frames. It's another thing that needs to be tested.
Aug 28, 2016, 09:57 AM
Great, I think your device will be a great investment.
I have another three question (you'll finally get tired of me haha):

Is there audio, built in microphone or some?

I've been reading your facebook comments about frame synchronization, have you thought working that?

Possibility of show transmitter RSSI on your OSD? Another connection for current OSD?
Aug 28, 2016, 12:50 PM
Thread OP
There is a built in microphone with notch filter on the transmitter (to filter out the fan noise) and an audio jack at the receiver. The audio jack is strong enough to drive a small (I'm recalling the specs from memory) < 500 mW speaker, so it can be used for that other than for headphones. Frames are already synchronized at the transmitter, I was talking about doing that at the receiver, that is pretty much impossible, it requires a lot of synchrony between an off the shelf display that could be accepting anything and the video signal encoder. There is RSSI on the OSD and other indications of the received signal quality, sure.
Aug 28, 2016, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

When I say "transmitter RSSI", I mean RC control transmitter, as some RC receivers have an RSSI output. My fault, sorry.

By the way, if I can ask, where will come the orders come from? USA, EU?

I'm very excited with your product and I hope everybody realize of his capabilities. At least, I'll do a detailed YouTube review for my country.

Good luck and keep us informed!
Aug 28, 2016, 02:39 PM
Thread OP
One tested way of doing that is via Mavlink, if the APM has access to the information it can relay it via Mavlink to the video transmitter (for example using an output channel in the RC_CHANNELS_RAW messages, even if there are probably better ways to go about it). If the receiver has a RSSI output as a PWM it should be possible to wire it up directly to the video transmitter, but that is not tested yet.

The product will ship from the EU, Ireland.
Aug 28, 2016, 05:37 PM
Endurance, Altitude, and Range
Quote:

The product will ship from the EU, Ireland.
For some reason I kept thinking you were in Spain or Portugal...
Aug 29, 2016, 11:50 AM
400' + is where fun starts.
What osd was being used for your video on page 1? Is there a GPS on your system. This is why I'd like to have a choice of either HDMI or a CVBS for video inputs. One for the pretty pictures and one so we can use our OSD/autopilots. The need for converters will only add delay.
Aug 29, 2016, 02:23 PM
Thread OP
That's a custom OSD (connected to an APM via Mavlink), it can be expanded to do basically anything. You can switch between HDMI and the custom camera flipping a switch, but there is little sense in adding a CVBS input to a HD system, especially when you can use the custom camera as a flight camera. Even if there was a CVBS input you wouldn't be able to see both at the same time.
Aug 29, 2016, 04:47 PM
We have to adapt ourselves to new digital technology, but there´s a problem. We have already bought technology that isn't ready for digital, and I'm mainly talking about expensive Flight Controllers. I have a Naze32 and a RVOSD (Return to Home), it is a pity, but now we have to update to digital!
I've just started to sell all my analog equiptment in order to get digital.

So you say that will be a special port for the custom low latency camera and a standard HDMI?
By the way, how is the behaviour of the system when starts losing signal? I hope the protocol gets worse the video without black screen.

Yesterday I was looking HDMI splitters. It would be nice to connect more than one camera and swichting between them while flying. I guess with that splitter and a remote swicht......
Last edited by Max_FPV; Aug 29, 2016 at 04:58 PM.
Aug 29, 2016, 05:31 PM
400' + is where fun starts.
Quote:
That's a custom OSD (connected to an APM via Mavlink), it can be expanded to do basically anything. You can switch between HDMI and the custom camera flipping a switch, but there is little sense in adding a CVBS input to a HD system, especially when you can use the custom camera as a flight camera. Even if there was a CVBS input you wouldn't be able to see both at the same time.
Yes I know only one will work at a time. The one I have been experimenting with can do either input. Now we have to get a custom camera, custom osd. custom autopilot. Shouldn't it be more of a digital not HD system. Does yours come with the camera? Sorry to sound negative.
Aug 30, 2016, 03:07 AM
Thread OP
Max,

It looks like cleanflight (that should work with Naze32) supports Mavlink: https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/pull/806. If other hardware uses other protocols it is not unreasonable to write interfaces for it, as long as the hardware interface is a UART port.

Yes, there is a custom video input port for low latency and a standard HDMI. The increased HDMI latency depends on the capture device, if someone created a HDMI camera with zero latency it would work just as well as the custom camera. You wouldn't be able to change resolution/format in-flight however, something you can do with the custom camera.

About gradual signal loss, that's one of the biggest areas of improvement right now. There is also a hardware revision we are trying that could improve matters significantly. We will describe it in detail as soon as there is something definitive.

HDMI splitter: I believe most of them to leave the unused, connected HDMI source disabled. So, when switching to it, you need to wait for a new EDID exchange/source init and that will take at least a couple of seconds during which you would see a black screen.

Martin,

There is no custom OSD hardware you have to buy and you can use any autopilot hardware with Mavlink telemetry output. The camera will be sold separately since that it doesn't makes sense to force it on people that are not going to use it.

Quick Reply