Thread Tools
Aug 08, 2019, 03:30 AM
Dethroned Knight of HD FPV
Thread OP
OSD: The answer is still the same, the effort it takes to create a platform for people to develop for it is much higher than the one for implementing any feature you could possibly want. Please ask me again when it's shipping for a definitive answer.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2019, 09:04 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
Davide,

This fellow in the Ukraine makes high-quality stuff. He made me some tiny 2.4GHz "Vee" antennas with u.FL connectors that perform very well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/microVee-IP...EAAOSwbe5aeGqA

Good luck,

Paul
no, please dont come with that FL Connectors,
with these little pins is not guaranteed in the long run that you have a reasonable contact. and if you change more often will not be better.
why all with too smal Pins? Prosight sucks with there too.
Small Pin on Camkable also, is go easy to brocken. so why all time want the smallest which breaks fast?
Aug 18, 2019, 12:55 PM
400' + is where fun starts.
Martin Y's Avatar
Just returned from the NAFPV meet. Had the blue mounted to my summit truck and had a blast driving it around way well out of sight through, a gully around and in a forest. Image would pixelate on odd occasion but not enough to stop me seeing where I was going. Had a lot of the FPV flyiers looking and where amazed at the picture. If next version works better than this, it will be something.
Conversion just sucked but watchable. This not what i was seeing.
NAFPV2019 5 (17 min 30 sec)
Last edited by Martin Y; Aug 18, 2019 at 07:46 PM. Reason: added video
Aug 22, 2019, 12:44 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv.blue
I'm happy to see DJI's system is finally getting released. That system uses an ASIC and I believe it will be revolutionary for drone racing. DJI spent years and many millions developing it.

Hopefully fpv.blue will be unaffected as it's not meant for drone racing.
The DJI system is faulty ! If Any analog 5.8 vtx fires up near by then your video freezes up and the radio goes into FS over a large 5.8G frequency range. wow I bet DJI didn't even think of this issue as they were spending Millions developing it.
What you NEED TO KNOW about the DJI Digital FPV System (28 min 5 sec)
Last edited by Danthemanfpv; Aug 22, 2019 at 12:59 AM.
Aug 22, 2019, 12:53 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Y
Just returned from the NAFPV meet. Had the blue mounted to my summit truck and had a blast driving it around way well out of sight through, a gully around and in a forest. Image would pixelate on odd occasion but not enough to stop me seeing where I was going. Had a lot of the FPV flyiers looking and where amazed at the picture. If next version works better than this, it will be something.
Conversion just sucked but watchable. This not what i was seeing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClD86btTflg
What image does video use, FPVBlue or DJI?What frequency?
Aug 22, 2019, 09:50 AM
400' + is where fun starts.
Martin Y's Avatar
Used the First FPV blue system that's why I posted it here. Set to 100mw on tx to show how it works around trees, building, low to ground and being way out of sight with only using supplied antennas. I would show a google maps view but there is no current image.
Aug 22, 2019, 10:03 AM
400' + is where fun starts.
Martin Y's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthemanfpv
The DJI system is faulty ! If Any analog 5.8 vtx fires up near by then your video freezes up and the radio goes into FS over a large 5.8G frequency range. wow I bet DJI didn't even think of this issue as they were spending Millions developing it.
https://youtu.be/CZYDmOSuWRA
The system crushes race band 6 at first so say good buy to that channel and it runs very hot some say. So either a fan required or keep moving.
Aug 22, 2019, 10:37 AM
Registered User
brycej's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthemanfpv
The DJI system is faulty ! If Any analog 5.8 vtx fires up near by then your video freezes up and the radio goes into FS over a large 5.8G frequency range. wow I bet DJI didn't even think of this issue as they were spending Millions developing it.
https://youtu.be/CZYDmOSuWRA
I think you meant to say... if you plug in an analog transmitter (at 600mW) on the same frequency as the DJI goggles next to your head then you'll lose video and radio (if your are using the DJI radio). Which I would say is pretty much expected....

Here was a test with 2 DJI pilots on the channels next to an analog at 25mW.
Digital vs Analog (5 min 10 sec)
Aug 24, 2019, 03:13 PM
Registered User
Can the fpvblue 2.4 video system work with a 2.4 rc control system? And if not what are most people going to have to use? UHF?
Aug 24, 2019, 03:30 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthemanfpv
Can the fpvblue 2.4 video system work with a 2.4 rc control system? And if not what are most people going to have to use? UHF?
900MHz is a good choice for control.
Aug 24, 2019, 06:53 PM
Registered User
Has there been any updates for the 1.3G FPVBLUE system? Like for the rc camera switch ?
Aug 24, 2019, 11:03 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthemanfpv
Can the fpvblue 2.4 video system work with a 2.4 rc control system? And if not what are most people going to have to use? UHF?
I recommend a dragon link it is I believe in the 400mhz range
Aug 26, 2019, 12:12 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthemanfpv
Can the fpvblue 2.4 video system work with a 2.4 rc control system? And if not what are most people going to have to use? UHF?
There will be the RC control build in, as far as I understand. Otherwise, I had a very good experience with FrSky's 900 MHz, which I started using after my DragonLink died, and the the ImmersionRC EasyUHF turned out to be a really poor performer . I could fly FrSky to 10 km at 200 mW, and the system is several times cheaper than the DragonLink.
Aug 26, 2019, 12:49 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opalix
I recommend a dragon link it is I believe in the 400mhz range
It is 433MHz and you need a HAM license.
Aug 26, 2019, 01:53 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Kilrah's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
you need a HAM license.
You need one for the fpv.blue TX too anyway.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools