Jul 16, 2016, 08:25 PM
Thread OP
Question

Mvvs120 twin

In need of a mvvs 120 twin prop drive washer and collet, are these parts still available?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2016, 05:06 PM
Why Worry About Waste Spark?
Perhaps a PM to Reginald (a frequent contributor here) would be helpful .
Jul 18, 2016, 10:07 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Gary, will send him a message, thanks for the info.

Jerry
Jul 18, 2016, 04:08 PM
You could get in touch with them:
http://www.mvvs.cz/kontakt_e.html
They might still have NOS in the warehouse!
Jul 19, 2016, 08:07 AM
Thread OP
Thanks, will give it a try.

Jerry
Jul 19, 2016, 08:25 PM
If Josef Svajda is still there at the MVVS factory in Brno, he will know the answer. He is a fount of knowledge about the MVVS engines, and had a hand in designing most of them. He would be very elderly now.

His English is not so good though.
Jul 19, 2016, 08:31 PM
Thread OP
Thanks, worth a try and thanks for the info.

Jerry
Jul 20, 2016, 07:01 AM
Why Worry About Waste Spark?
Do let us know what you find , if you please .

Gary in Michigan
Jul 20, 2016, 10:18 AM
Thread OP
Hello Gary, just got an email for Reginald and he could not help.

Jerry
Jul 20, 2016, 11:21 AM
Measure the shaft diameter where the collet sits. My hunch is that it is 8mm. Then find a current engine that uses a tapered collet type drive washer that is 8mm and order one set up.
Use the YS 115 as an example. Here is an exploded veiw of the engine and parts 22 and 23 is what you are after. Here they are in the parts list. These parts are in stock at central hobbies. If your shaft is larger then 8mm you will have to do a bit of searching to see what engine has the same shaft size as the MVVS but shouldn't be too difficult.
Jul 20, 2016, 03:06 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the info, I never thought of that.
Jul 20, 2016, 04:01 PM
I would check the shaft size, the majority of my engines from OS 46 to the YS 120 have a .375" shaft, and have a .375"x .875" front bearing, some have the split-collet setup. If it has that shaft size it would be an easy fix to use parts from another engine, if stock parts aren't available. Of course the stock part would be ideal, Jim.
Aug 12, 2016, 08:27 PM
Thread OP

Mvvs twin 120

Tried everything to no success, so I ordered an OS 120 drive washer that has keyed slot, but is a slide 10 mm fit to the crankshaft of the MVVS 120. I then found a split collet and had it machine tapered to fit the taper on the collet and it works perfect and looks great.

Thanks for all the leads to all those that replied, sorry it took me so long to get back.

Jerry

Quick Reply