7th Annual Mickey Sullivan Memorial Aerotow - RC Groups
Jul 15, 2016, 02:12 PM
Discussion

7th Annual Mickey Sullivan Memorial Aerotow

Guys,

The Clearview Field near Wichita KS is pleased to announce The 7th Annual Mickey Sullivan Memorial Aero-Tow. The Dates for this Aero-Tow are October 6th thru 9th 2016. The field is located about 35 miles SW of Wichita and it has a 750 ft x 150 ft mowed grass runway. I have attached a wide angle view of the field. We had success moving our event to a cooler month last year so have decided to try October again in 2016.

We will have tow planes available tow just about anything you might bring up to 1/2 scale.

The facilites available are a large air conditioned club house, a large secure storage area where your gliders could be left assembled for the entire weekend. There are also a limited number of camper Hook-ups available on a first come basis.

The entry fee for the Event is $45.00 for all four days and will include a Very Nice Meal on Saturday Night. Food provided on site daily for $7.00/meal. You can email your entry to pmccleave@cox.net and can then pay when you arrive at the site.

Ken Stitt and his Girl Friend Kim are truly gracious hosts and would love to see a great turn-out. Here is a link to the Clearview Field Website. http://www.clearviewfield.com/

We have had a great time each year we have had the event and continue to grow a little each year. Hopefully by moving the event to a cooler time we can get more of our Northern Friends to make the journey down again.

You are welcome to ship models in to the event and we will be happy to help with getting them shipped back out after the event. Email me directly to arrange for this.

You can Sign Up Online at http://www.scalesoaring.com/#!7th-an...memorial/xw9t8 After you register I will receive an email letting me know. You can then just pay at the field when you arrive.

I will post a list of nearby accommodations in my next post.

Thank you,

Pat McCleave
Wichita, KS
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2016, 02:13 PM

Nearby Lodging

Guys,

Here is a list of Hotels on the west side of Wichita that would be closest to the event site.

Howard Johnson Inn & Suites
6575 W Kellogg Drive
Wichita KS
Ph: 800-446-4656

Regency Inn
6125 W Kellogg
Wichita, KS
Ph: 800-369-6165

Best Western
6815 W Kellogg Drive
Wichita KS
Ph: 888-942-5666

Motel 6
5736 W Kellogg Drive
Wichita, KS
Ph: 316-945-8440

Holiday Inn Express
1236 S Dugan Road
Wichita KS
Ph: 316-522-0008

La Quinta Inn
5500 W Kellogg
Wichita, KS
Ph: 316-943-2181

Hilton Airport
2098 Airport Road
Wichita KS
Ph: 316-945-5272

See Ya,

Pat
Sep 05, 2016, 12:00 PM
1 month away...who's coming. ....
Sep 05, 2016, 10:57 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Pat,
The Wilson Fall Fun Fly has been moved to the weekend after this event, so I may be able to drive down for the day, but will have drive back home that evening. Is there a daily rate?
Thanks,
Mark
Sep 05, 2016, 11:53 PM
Mark,

We always work something out for folks that only make for the day. If you come for one day you should come on Saturday and stay for the dinner. Some really great BBQ with tons of trimmings all finished off with some of the best homemade ice cream you have ever tasted.

See Ya,

Pat
Sep 06, 2016, 09:28 AM
feb
feb

aerotow

I'll be there along with the rest of the Texas bunch. I can't wait for the Kansas food and hospitality. Frank
Sep 20, 2016, 06:37 AM
Couple more weeks to go !!...We will be at the field this weekend with towplanes and anyone who wants to come out for a little fun we will be glad to see you.
Sep 23, 2016, 11:58 AM
There is a chance of rain this weekend but we are going to be at Clearview Field to work on planes and the field. Come out if you like..could just be a lot of hangar flying or if its flyable we will do that too !!
Sep 26, 2016, 07:49 PM
10 days to go...
Oct 01, 2016, 09:38 PM
SOARMINDED

Excited !

Last time I flew was at this event 4 years ago. See you all early Fri morning !
Oct 02, 2016, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNX430
Last time I flew was at this event 4 years ago. See you all early Fri morning !
The towplanes will be ready for you !!
Oct 05, 2016, 07:32 AM
Starts tomorrow......BBQ Mister Ken Ritsma will be cooking his BBQ and all his other goodies starting Thursday evening...come on out for good food and flying.
Oct 05, 2016, 02:43 PM
Xroadie
I plan to arrive Thursday afternoon....or early evening.

Pete
Oct 10, 2016, 10:23 PM

Pictures?

What no pictures to post of this event?

Tim
Oct 11, 2016, 07:15 AM
More Pile-it than Pilot
From what I heard, the planes were too high to see with a camera most of the time.