This thread is privately moderated by Random Guy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2016, 12:10 AM
Waste Nothing
That is a raw deal mate . UPS ? THis looks typical of them and Canada Post actually . Why packages are not marked with a FRAGILE sticker is beyond my thinking .
Jul 15, 2016, 02:29 PM
Formerly Screamin' Eagle
I'm not sure the "fragile" stickers help much around here, but the best technique I found is using 1x2" sticks to reinforce the box. Others have also used lengths of PVC pipe. Most of the shippers charge by dimensional weight anyway, so there is no additional mailing cost to adding wood to the box.

I waited years to get my hands on a model like this, and they are no longer made...so I am not a happy man.
Latest blog entry: Photos
Jul 15, 2016, 08:38 PM
On the Go Fly List
That stinks. Why would they even deliver it without a giant apology letter? They should buy you a brand new one.

Adam
Last edited by agarchitect; Jul 15, 2016 at 08:50 PM.
Jul 16, 2016, 01:32 AM
Fun ain't cheap!
This really sucks...saw the deal and thought you had stole this one......yup, 1" by 2" stringers really help lengthwise. Hope you can recover your $ -- at least.

Andy
Latest blog entry: Douglas Silhoutte wing cores
Jul 16, 2016, 01:59 PM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
It's totally fixable. I snapped one of mine in half. Still sucks!
How is the guess and tail?

Quick Reply