Jul 13, 2016, 06:15 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Policie Officer Threatens to Kill 5-year Old after Dallas Officers are Killed-Fired

An Overland Park, Ks Police Officer has been fired for threatening a small child on Facebook.

http://kctv5.com/story/32401238/over...-facebook-post

What's up with all the firings of first responders making racist and threatening posts on Facebook?

Seems there is some police officers harboring some serious hate, especially when you stoop so low to threaten a child- and embarrass your department and the entire profession.
Last edited by FlyCush; Jul 13, 2016 at 06:50 PM.
Jul 13, 2016, 11:29 PM
Thread OP
A lot of looks, yet no replies.

Should this ex- police officer be allowed to own weapons?
Jul 13, 2016, 11:50 PM
It doesn't fit the narrative ... so people don't know how to respond.

Everything they believed and trusted is being revealed to be a fraud.

That'd be my interpretation.

Not just the US ... the UK is infected with the same corruption. Thank God we have the internet, else we'd have remained ignorant forever, I suppose.

ZeroHedge just posted up this very thoughtful article on some of the problems of policing.

The author has a much cooler head than me!

IMO, a lot of sense is spoken, and his views will probably appeal to all sides.

Still thinks that a bit of tinkering will fix things, tho. I believe that the system is much more fundamentally flawed.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...nters-escalate
Last edited by bogbeagle; Jul 14, 2016 at 12:18 AM.
Jul 14, 2016, 12:04 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Quote:
Should this ex- police officer be allowed to own weapons?
How many weapons does a (presumed) grown man need to kill a five-year-old?

Besides, it's probably not a big problem one way or the other. Once someone reaches the point of making death threats against a child on Facebook, a long stay in a padded room can't be too far off. That guy sounds a few marbles short.

I guess we could force him to wear oven mitts until then.
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
Jul 14, 2016, 12:27 AM
fired and prosecuted for making threats
Jul 14, 2016, 12:30 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogbeagle
It doesn't fit the narrative ... so people don't know how to respond.

Everything they believed and trusted is being revealed to be a fraud.

That'd be my interpretation.

Not just the US ... the UK is infected with the same corruption. Thank God we have the internet, else we'd have remained ignorant forever, I suppose.

ZeroHedge just posted up this very thoughtful article on some of the problems of policing.

The author has a much cooler head than me!

IMO, a lot of sense is spoken, and his views will probably appeal to all sides.

Still thinks that a bit of tinkering will fix things, tho. I believe that the system is much more fundamentally flawed.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...nters-escalate
Thanks for sharing!
Jul 14, 2016, 12:41 AM
"For the dozenth time "Just do what they say and you won't get hurt," is what we tell hostages, not free citizens interacting with police."

Any resemblance to US' foreign policy, is purely coincidental.
Last edited by bogbeagle; Jul 14, 2016 at 04:45 AM.
Jul 14, 2016, 04:27 AM
Suspended Account
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Last edited by DLGjunkyard; Oct 01, 2018 at 06:05 PM.
Jul 14, 2016, 05:00 AM
Defying Gravity..on occasion.
I'm not sure as I see the statement by the officer as threatening to kill or harm the child but rather warning the mother against putting personal information on the web? That along with improper use of english... if he'd added a few more words like "might be" into the last sentance the post would have read a bit differently perhaps.
Jul 14, 2016, 05:42 AM
Fired and charged with making a death threat. Remove his right to own a firearm.
Jul 14, 2016, 06:53 AM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyCush
An Overland Park, Ks Police Officer has been fired for threatening a small child on Facebook.

http://kctv5.com/story/32401238/over...-facebook-post

What's up with all the firings of first responders making racist and threatening posts on Facebook?

Seems there is some police officers harboring some serious hate, especially when you stoop so low to threaten a child- and embarrass your department and the entire profession.
There certainly is hate out there. I'm willing to bet the lady and the cop crossed paths when they replied to the same shared article on Facebook. I've been seeing some pretty nasty things said about police lately. She may have commented on some article and ticked the cop off so he looked at her Facebook account.

Cop got fired which is a good thing. I hope there are bosses out there that will fire employees for threatening police on social media. If you support the cop being fired I'm assuming you would support firing others for threatening cops as well.

btw. Sometimes I'll see an interesting topic, but when I see who the thread author is I won't bother to reply. Maybe others do the same.
Jul 14, 2016, 07:13 AM
Years ago now, i had a friend who sat on the hiring board for a municipal police dept. He related that one of his toughest jobs as a police officer was evaluating whether an applicant had issues that were undesirable such as power, bullying, and racism.
Jul 14, 2016, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
Fired and charged with making a death threat. Remove his right to own a firearm.
That is not Constitutional.

The man has a right to keep and bear arms, and to defend his life with those arms.

Is there an RKBA ... or is there not?
Jul 14, 2016, 07:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon Shawn
There certainly is hate out there. I'm willing to bet the lady and the cop crossed paths when they replied to the same shared article on Facebook. I've been seeing some pretty nasty things said about police lately. She may have commented on some article and ticked the cop off so he looked at her Facebook account.

Cop got fired which is a good thing. I hope there are bosses out there that will fire employees for threatening police on social media. If you support the cop being fired I'm assuming you would support firing others for threatening cops as well.

btw. Sometimes I'll see an interesting topic, but when I see who the thread author is I won't bother to reply. Maybe others do the same.
I expect cops to be professional and rise above the nasty comments and not threaten a child's life regardless of what her mother may have posted on Facebook.

Digressing over his reasoning is an attempt to minimize the magnitude and cascading affect of his actions.

If an employer feels an employee has violated behavioral expectations on or off the job, the employer has the right to decide to part ways.

Thanks for sharing your views!

I noticed you did not answer whether or not you think the ex- officer should be allowed to possess guns after being fired for his conduct?

Barack Obama - the Best President of this Century!
Jul 14, 2016, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogbeagle
That is not Constitutional.

The man has a right to keep and bear arms, and to defend his life with those arms.

Is there an RKBA ... or is there not?
As it sits right now, the bear part is limited to in his home.

Quick Reply