Nov 15, 2019, 08:56 PM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Thanks guys. It was first time that I tried matching clips with music. Editing took a couple of days. Glad y’all enjoyed it!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2019, 04:03 PM
nsr500v

first impressions with 3000 4S Admiral

Flew the pc21 today first time, the C/G was spot on with a 4S Admiral pushed all the way 1 in forward of the mount front straps . As far as power it has stock, it needs a larger motor or a four blade and spinner as other people have done, Not real impressed with the stock set up . flying seems pretty easy, and everything worked just fine , the only change was foam wheels for the hard rubber surface I fly off..
Nov 27, 2019, 07:59 PM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Oops. Pride took a dent...

FPV Crash Landing - RC Plane (1 min 21 sec)
Nov 27, 2019, 08:58 PM
FPV is tough to get used to. You have some amazing videos! Keep it up.
Nov 28, 2019, 03:04 AM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Thanks man! FPV sure is a lot of fun doing close formation, mock dog fight etc. once one gets the hang of it. Opens up a lot of other ways to enjoy RC hobby.

Here's a look from lead plane's perspective looking back at my plane in close formation. Including crash at 4:00.

FPV GoPro 7 (4 min 29 sec)
Dec 14, 2019, 05:22 AM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Chasing a F-14 Tomcat!�� Hopelessly underpowered, I kept power pegged at full the whole flight, barely keeping pace with F-14 at half power. Super fun and seeing the Tomcat in the air is like recreating Top Gun!

FPV F-14 Tomcat Chase (4 min 5 sec)
Dec 14, 2019, 11:14 AM
Awesome videos Turb!
That is some flying site you have available, beautiful nature it must be so great to do some VFR FPV flying around there!
Dec 14, 2019, 04:42 PM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Thanks Martin!

We truly are fortunate to have a field with such beautiful environs. And the newly paved 600” is icing on top! One draw back though, planes are not allowed to venture out of club field boundary (tree line) since it’s a nature preserve and Orange County Parks prohibit RC flying. So the beautiful mountain ranges are off limits to FPV proximity flying. I guess I shouldn’t be so greedy...
Jan 09, 2020, 08:38 AM
Captain USCG

PC - 21 Max 4S pack

Good morning all,

I'm on my way to maiden my PC -21 now... My question to those of you who've had lot's of flight time with this plane is. What is the largest 4 cell lipo that anyone has tried? I have 4 Common Sense RC Lectron Pro 5200 mAh 50C packs, that I'm hoping to use. Their weight is 440g (16.8 oz) and the planes CG is set right about 100mm aft. Which I can easily move forward to the 95mm CG
I also have a few older Turnigy 4s 4000 packs, which are larger, heavier, and tired. Just curious if the packs I'm hoping to maiden with are overkill, or if anyone can chime in, that they are withing range of what the planes flight envelope to carry that weight, without exhibiting any adverse tendencies.

Any intel would be greatly appreciated.
Jan 09, 2020, 08:47 AM
I've just got one second hand in perfect condition!

After reading some post here I think it's worth buying and I've always liked the looks of this plane. Maybe I'll go for an upgrade as rekit describes it. This plane needs some serious speed
Jan 09, 2020, 08:54 AM
I've run 4s 5000 HRB packs, easily fits and balances, doesn't fly overly heavy. My current setup, which is unfortunately hanging on my wall awaiting new retracts, has a different prop and ESC, and runs 6s packs up to 4000mah.
Jan 09, 2020, 03:08 PM
RETRACTS-Good news. If you can wait 3-4 weeks. I got the original FMS gear from Alibaba for 1/2 what they are everywhere else. First time i ordered there. First one did not work, they requested a video of it (not) working lol which I sent and they promptly sent another. Also the retract mechanism is a generic size and if you have good gearstruts etc you can take the units apart and put the Pilatus stuff in there. E.G.-I put my nose strut into a main gear mechanism from a Zero I took the retracts out of. (hand launch that bird).
Jan 09, 2020, 03:42 PM
I've got a set of mains from a different plane I crashed that'll drop in. I just need the front one, and the time to actually replace them. It's been almost a year now and I haven't had the time yet.
Jan 09, 2020, 04:52 PM
Nose gear is part# FMMPP110, but it doesn't show up at Alibaba now. Don't know why. Might have something to do with a "Certain Company" controlling sales of items.
Jan 09, 2020, 05:14 PM
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3282...390d2e0efJFs4V

FMS part number FMSRE025

Thanks rekit500 for the link
Last edited by rotorsport; Jan 09, 2020 at 05:26 PM.

Quick Reply