Jul 22, 2016, 08:48 AM
I have my demo coming and will be better able to speak about it once here.

Jim
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2016, 10:31 AM
I've been waiting for one of these since the hobby lobby one was discontinued.

I can see adding this to my fleet in the spring.
Jul 22, 2016, 01:15 PM
What goes up .....
The only thing I would like to see is a chrome spinner. I was wondering what looked different from all the ones I have seen and realised it was the spinner. That to me is one of the standout features of the real plane.
Jul 22, 2016, 01:25 PM
Full scale has a painted spinner
Jul 22, 2016, 01:35 PM
What goes up .....
You are right Must just be the ones I have seen then. Strange now i only see painted ones. I suppose a quick spray will sort that out for me. I like it with the silver spinner.
Last edited by Seacondor; Jul 22, 2016 at 01:43 PM.
Jul 22, 2016, 04:24 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Yeah!!!!!! I have been waiting for a PC-21 for a long time now, so this is great news. I guess it's time to sell another plane or two for this one. LOL
Jul 22, 2016, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGflyer
Full scale has a painted spinner
Full scale has a pilot and trainer...Come on guys...How much extra will it cost to put a pilot in the rear seat... Too many manufacturers skimp when making trainer planes by only supplying one pilot.
Jul 22, 2016, 06:53 PM
One thing I'd also love to see from FMS is to use nylon hinges. The foam hinging these days is ridiculous, as they use them on planes meant to yank and bank like their RocHobby line, etc. Sure, we can all add them ourselves or just use hinge tape, but with the increase in prices of the FMS line-up it would be fantastic to see nylon hinging like the Freewing/FlightLineRC line-up.
Jul 23, 2016, 02:04 AM
What goes up .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
One thing I'd also love to see from FMS is to use nylon hinges. The foam hinging these days is ridiculous, as they use them on planes meant to yank and bank like their RocHobby line, etc. Sure, we can all add them ourselves or just use hinge tape, but with the increase in prices of the FMS line-up it would be fantastic to see nylon hinging like the Freewing/FlightLineRC line-up.
I have to agree with you on this. Just one thing though. I have two Flightline planes and they came with foam hinges. However, they also supplied pin hinges with the plane so you can install them if you wanted too. I imagine most would.
Jul 23, 2016, 06:59 PM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Finally, a new foamie from FMS worth getting excited about. I guess all the pleading in the development thread did get heard after all.

Love the size! This PC-21 fuselage length/size is comparable to those of 1400mm warbirds. Should have similar presence in the air. Only wished FMS would've picked the more stunning white/red Swiss scheme for more pizass.

Also the wing seem to have been enlarged from scale a bit. From specs the fuselage length to wing span ratio is 1.12 vs. full scale ratio of 1.23. Not a deal killer but wonder why the deviation when the Escale one flew fine at a even smaller size.
(HD) Pilatus PC-21 Display at Axalp. "Axalp & More" Chapter 10 out of 12. (4 min 6 sec)
Jul 23, 2016, 08:22 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
They increased the wingspan on the Phoenix Model PC-21, as well. I am not too concerned as it still looks great and probably flies better, as well

Kman
Jul 24, 2016, 01:10 AM
AA6JB
Hoping to get the chance to shoot some media of this one soon! Glad to see FMS take on this project. Also happy to see their CJ-6 but have not yet had a chance to grab one. So many planes, so little time and money.
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
Jul 25, 2016, 12:27 PM
What goes up .....
When is this plane due to be released?
Jul 25, 2016, 12:30 PM
Around the August/September time supposedly.
Jul 25, 2016, 01:40 PM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpilotrich
This is a sweet ride folks!

Heres just a few photos of my sample test model... so far its quite fast out of the box and very docile at slow speeds.

The 5-blade, one piece Prop, is an absolute work of art!!

Dont let the 1100mm size fool you, the PC-21 length is longer than the length of wingspan... overall length is 1235mm.

Specs include retractable gear and flaps, 750kv motor and runs on a 4s 2600 to 4000 Lipo....
Great photos Rich! How is it on the vertical? Closer look at the specs prompts me to question the robustness of the "40amp" esc. It seems to be on the low side for a 4s setup. Can you take a full throttle amp reading?

Wing loading seems to be similar to 1400mm birds so I assume speeds and beheavier would be similar as well. But please give more detailed comparisons if you would.

Can't wait to see your reviews on the PC-21!
Last edited by turbinefancy; Jul 25, 2016 at 04:52 PM.

Quick Reply