Sep 21, 2019, 08:44 AM
Hello! the esc 60 amp blue without refrigeration has fumed. and I didn't see much speed difference. which motor would go in without modifying anything where I can buy the barbwire 17 " motor. thanks sorry .
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2019, 06:11 PM
Just Plane Nutts
What ESC was that? Was it 3S compatible?

The 17" Barbwire motor will be slower than the FT012 outrunner.
Sep 22, 2019, 02:52 AM
yes is 2s 3s. but it is very old. what esc buy hobbywing 30a or turnigy 30 a. hobbywing is more small??
Sep 22, 2019, 07:56 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Either will do.
Dec 10, 2019, 05:01 PM
Where’s the best place to get this boat? Looking for a USA seller so I can get by Christmas.
Dec 11, 2019, 12:12 AM
Just Plane Nutts
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WLtoys-WL91...QNTjEeT89pV7RQ

No promises you'll see it before xmas though. Shipping seems extra slow this year. Took me 7 or more days to get a 2-day delivery from Walmart. This is really a late time for xmas shopping online.
Dec 11, 2019, 08:55 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
I've had orders that normally take 3 days max to reach me take up to 10 days in the past 2 weeks. It seems all of the carriers (UPS, Fedex, & USPS) are absolutely slammed right now. I think perhaps this year has seen the biggest surge in online holiday shopping ever, and maybe they weren't prepared for it.
Dec 11, 2019, 10:36 AM
Just Plane Nutts
I heard many of the delays are weather related. They've had a lot of snow issues so far.
Dec 11, 2019, 10:47 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
None of my late deliveries should have been affected by weather, however I'm sure for some people that's a definite possibility.

Snow rarely delays my deliveries by more than a day or two even if they're coming from an area dealing with heavy snow, and arriving while we are dealing with heavy snow.
Jan 04, 2020, 10:36 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
The latest version of this boat is now back in stock, and available at Banggood here.

The changes as far as I know are simply a more reliable motor, and ESC. My lake is currently frozen, but I will test the newest version as soon as I can.
Jan 14, 2020, 11:24 AM
I just got the joysway version of this boat at my local hobby shop. It has a separate rx.
Jan 15, 2020, 03:53 AM
Just Plane Nutts
The Mad Shark and Mono-X share the same motor. Likewise, the Atomik Barbwire Mono-X clone also uses that motor.

That means the new longer motor in the new Barbwire-2 should fit as well. The rest of the Atomik boat has not changed except for a 32mm prop in place of the 30mm on the Barb-1. Potential future upgrade for the Mad Shark 2?

https://www.venompower.com/atomik-ou...-rc-boat-18127

Quick Reply