Oct 12, 2020, 10:02 PM
Yup top cover. Otherwise going to be a tad confusing when we are dicing it up !!!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2020, 12:02 AM
Fast electric boats maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
Yup top cover. Otherwise going to be a tad confusing when we are dicing it up !!!
Only solution I see is paint one to keep them identified.
Oct 31, 2020, 03:55 AM

Ready to zing !

Time to get these out - supposed to be going under the Xmas tree.....

Plug adapters made. Drive line cable soaked in lube servo link moved to the top of the arm

Zing zing !
Nov 04, 2020, 08:05 AM
I'm looking for a top cover if your willing to part with it.

Brian.
Nov 04, 2020, 07:51 PM
the china sites like banggood, wl-toys.com and others have online spares. not sure if anyone in the US holds spares.
Nov 24, 2020, 02:27 AM
Been looking on the tube and apparently they have upgraded many things on this little tunnel hull ,first thing is the flex shaft has been upgraded to 3mm and 4mm stub shaft the previous one was 2.3mm flex and 3mm stub shaft, second is the bigger motor mount to accommodate a bigger motor than the V1 version ,third is the placement of the lipo from the center to the port side of the hull and the new lipo is 1500mah compared to 1200mah in the first version produced and there is a big popularity with these boats in the place where they are made and many are modifying these hulls with bigger motors and seperate rudders placed on the starboard side of the transom and cutting the rudder off the stock mock outboard and pinning the engine cover in place to make it look scale and its just a dummy feature now .
Nov 28, 2020, 10:25 PM
anyone know what the factory protocol is, I have a nice car remote I'd like to connect up with.
Dec 02, 2020, 12:05 PM
Can anybody help please several years ago I found a site for free paper and card kits i down
loaded a set of plans for a supermarine walrus amphibian it made a plane with a wing span of about 1 and half inches ,since then after lap top disaster i lost a lot of down loads . Has anyone a link to the post site or maybe plans i could build into a diarma thank you in advance .
Dec 05, 2020, 08:10 AM
Waw so this boat already exist since 2016! I just joined the party!
Revisiting 2019 BEST Cheap High Speed RC Boat! - WLToys WL915 (5 min 13 sec)
Dec 05, 2020, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardjohn
Waw so this boat already exist since 2016! I just joined the party!
https://youtu.be/jL2C2nC7vHE
Sure did and I still have it .
Dec 26, 2020, 04:28 AM
Let the fun begin !

Any links to good bronze props for these ?
Dec 31, 2020, 03:48 AM
I just tried 4S! Almost lost it! It seems like it does work for 4S because it cuts at when per cell reaches 3.3V
Almost Lost my WL915 Trying 4S on Stock Electronics (5 min 42 sec)
Dec 31, 2020, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=edwardjohn;46202079]I just tried 4S! Almost lost it! It seems like it does work for 4S because it cuts at when per cell reaches 3.3V
Almost Lost my WL915 Trying 4S on Stock Electronics (5 min 42 sec)
[/QUOTE
EJ I'm curious about the strut to sponson alignment on these new version hulls , is the center of the strut on the same plane as the sponson bottoms?
Jan 03, 2021, 12:34 PM
Glad you guys are talking about this little guy. I bought mine from HK in 2019 for $75. Runs great. I never gpsed it stock. But today I tried a bunch of props. I used a little compact zippy 1000 mah 3s, converted the plug to xt60. Stock prop was 16 mph, another size up might be a 32 or 34 was 19, tried a 38 aluminum 23mph, 38 copper 22, 40 mm too much dropped to 18. I say the sweet spot is a 37 or 38. Esc stays cool, motor gets a little hot but the cooling area is warm. Once I got the prop dialed in, I ran a larger 3s full size pack and it ran fine the hole time. Not sure what speeds you guys are getting. Stock claims 45 kph.. Which is 27 mph.. I call BS on that. Fun little boat!
Jan 03, 2021, 02:10 PM
Awesome info. And additional info on the pitch on that 38mm alloy prop !

Thanks for posting this. I was thinking in the 32-34 sizing!

Clearly the motor is happier on the lighter alloy vs the heavier copper prop ad it gets to the diameter limit.

Have ordered 36/37/38 in alloy from aliexpress
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Jan 03, 2021 at 05:41 PM.

Quick Reply