EACHINE E010 Mini (in construction) - RC Groups
Jul 11, 2016, 11:25 AM
Mini-Review

EACHINE E010 Mini (in construction)

Disclaimer (inspired from SP) Product specifications and quality may vary at the manufacturer's discretion, and are beyond my influence. I cannot guarantee you will get a product that performs exactly the same as seen and described in this review. Please, no savage affiliate links! By the way, in contracdiction with some other reviewers, I open a new mini-review thread ONLY when I have the machine in hand ....

INTRODUCTION

Clearly one of the first TinyWhoop chinese clone is introduced here with the Eachine E10. We have the same incredients, a tiny and light structure with quadriblade props completly protected by large circular prop guards. With the E010, don't expect advanced flight modes like with the TW, but a 6-axis stabilized nano machine potentially able to lift a small FPV rig. Let's discover the bundle

BOX CONTENT

+ 1 x Eachine E010 (with a 1S 150mAh LiPo with JST-PH connector)
+ 1 x Transmitter (using 2xAA batteries not included)
+ 1 x USB charging cable
+ 4 x Spare props (2 CW, 2 CCW)
+ 1 x Instruction manual (English)

OVERVIEW

No doubt in term of visual aspect, especially with ducted props, the E010 is largely inspired from the Tiny Whoop (TW). Same quadri blades props now in red color at least.

-Front view

-Side view

Just unclip the two latteral attachement to release the top canopy

-Rear view

-Upper view

-Bottom view

Two small LEDs. One red rear flashing slowling when LVC alarm is reached and one blue on front not very visible to keep orientation in daylights for nighflights.

-Weight

Motors & Props

Motors are 6mmx15mm coreless brushed. In tern of thrust they are far to reach top level model. Probably some better model can offer 1-2 extra g per motors....

LiPo

A 150mAh with 30C for discharge rate... It gives to the E010 some peeps ..

A JST-PH connector with 2mm of pitch, not very popular versus the microLOSI for example.

Disassembling

A XN297 RF is here and good news, the radio protocol have been already deviated by Goebish. So you can already fly this bird a deviationTX compatible radio after the nRF24L01 modding. You can feel the effect of the quadriblades + ducted system in term of vertical liftn here more nervous than usual. I regret the absence of a third faster speed mode or a pure acro flight mode for expert pilot. The real open question is if the E010 is able to carry a 5-6g FPV cam. The question is yes .... but the real one is how long ?

BE AWARE, FOR CW MOTORS (blue and red colors), PRINTED INDICATIONS ON PCB ARE WRONG. READ M- INSTEAD OF M+ AND M+ INSTEAD OF M-

The classic FPV cam mount for TW can be adapted easily here. You will have to solder a tiny JST-SH male connector for example to plug the FPV tiny rig.

Transmitter

A very small transmitter chassis not super confortable for large hands. The top left shoulder button let select the speed mode while the right one engage flips.

UNBOXING AND QUICK TESTING

Eachine E010 Unboxing analysis and quick testing (Courtesy Banggood) (18 min 33 sec)

As you can see, the first good news are about the rates associated with the two speed modes. Both are well tuned, the beginners more for indoors situation of course but with the second mode, you can fly relatively fast for such size machine. The control range is out of the box of at least 30m and motors stop to spin after 2s when the signal is lost. For beginners, the prop guard is really efficient. You can bounce against walls while still being in the air.

CONCLUSIONS

For sure for 1/4 of the price of a real TW, you have here a honorable machine very fun to fly with indoors. The flight time are really acceptable for such size... a positive point. The machine is stable and precize and deviationTX compatible. But the machine is also a little bit disapointing if you seen in the E010 a much cheaper TW. For of all, no acro flight mode and and if you have a 5-6g FPV cam don't expect more than 1min-1min30 of FPV fun maximum.

PROS

+ Superb & Fun flyer
+ 2 well tuned speed modes
+ More than 5min of flight time
+ Relatively good control range out of the box
+ Strong plasic structure
+ Builtin efficient prop guard
+ DeviationTX compatible

CONS

- Not wind resistant
- Can't carry more than 1min a 25mWFPV-cam combo
- Small transmitter

This quadcopter have been courtesy provided by Banggood in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thank them for this attitude.
You can find it actually for 15.5USD at http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E010-Mini-2_4G-4CH-6-Axis-Headless-Mode-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1066972.html
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Sep 02, 2016 at 02:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2016, 11:25 AM
FPV transformation

With my own FPV kit based on the TX5810-100 VTX, probably drawing too much for the poor 150mAh LiPo. Only got a 1min of flight time...

With 5 extra grams.... the E010 loose a lost in flight time and agility

Eachine E010 microFPV flight (0 min 27 sec)
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Sep 01, 2016 at 02:28 PM.
Jul 11, 2016, 11:42 AM
Leaf on the wind
30m range! WHY?

No FPV? Not a Whoop. More of an inductrix clone. (Edit: This was a response to an edited point, no longer relevant.)

Voice commands? That sounds worse than high latency touchscreen smartphone control.

Big swing and a miss Eachine! I say that as a big fan of their products. At least this one isn't following the very disturbing trend of toy grade quads being Altitude Hold.

Edit: BG Jim if you're seeing this, please pass along to the product devel team that if you can afford to give out a radio with decent range for the $29.99 E5C then please stop with the low range xbox controllers with no antennas. We don't want gimmicky controls, we want functionality.

Range is good, 5.8 FPV is good, non-proprietary batteries is good. I know you cannot do that at this price point but if you want to get in on the Tiny Whoop craze, we'll pay for the functionality.

Edit 2: 2 Months Later here is my review of the Eachine E010:
Eachine E010 Review (9 min 9 sec)
Last edited by Spartacus Rex; Sep 18, 2016 at 12:07 AM.
Jul 11, 2016, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus Rex
30m range! WHY?

No FPV? Not a Whoop. More of an inductrix clone.

Voice commands? That sounds worse than high latency touchscreen smartphone control.

Big swing and a miss Eachine! I say that as a big fan of their products.
Yes more the inductrix ... I mixed up with both
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Jul 11, 2016, 02:36 PM
Looks cool but remote control mode-voice,I wonder how that works,no FPV and what transmitter can it bind to?
Jul 11, 2016, 02:53 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Does not compute !
Jul 11, 2016, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Does not compute !
LoLz.
Jul 11, 2016, 04:53 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Flies this quad, crashes. Pilot yells: "hey, I didn't give a crash command"
Quad: "I was just planning ahead..."
Jul 11, 2016, 05:09 PM
So does it come with a remote?
Jul 11, 2016, 07:05 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
It would be very nice if it was compatible with one of the Eachine transmitters (Seby or SPF should get these first and let us know).
It looks like it should shift pretty quickly, its a nice design , would be nice in yellow
Jul 11, 2016, 09:07 PM
If you have suggestions to improve this product ,Please let me know .We would like to make a better one for you to have FPV .
Jul 11, 2016, 09:28 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıbǝɹ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin
If you have suggestions to improve this product ,Please let me know .We would like to make a better one for you to have FPV .
Thanks for posting, Aaron. It certainly looks interesting. Do you have any photos with the canopy off? What about photos of the bottom side, especially the battery mounts? What size motors does it use? Will the canopy be available in different colors?
Jul 12, 2016, 02:12 AM
Quote:
As usual ...

For FPV you need a good control range so ... something around 150m-200m ... not only 30m ... and if you want the graal ... the possibility to have an "acro" flight mode available... and of course a real TX ...
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Jul 12, 2016, 02:29 AM
http://der-frickler.net
Quote:
Hi Aaron.
If you want to improve your product, work with the open source community ;-)
Would be really great if the Quad would work with the improved firmware:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2634611
and is flyable with one of the protocols already implemented in deviationTX:
http://www.deviationtx.com/wiki/supported_models
So that a big transmitter could be used.

Sent some samples to the developers, they will help you making it great!

Then add an option to fit the new Eachine AIO FPV Cam to it and you will sell thousands of them.

The Eachine H8 with a small AIO Cam and improved Firmware is so much fun:
http://der-frickler.net/modellbau/pl...chine_h8_-_mod
but this thing would top it all!
Jul 12, 2016, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Hi,

To make it better :
* Make it controllable by a good transmitter (by using a known protocol, like DSM, FlySky(a7105), HiSky(nrf24l01), or at least a protocol supported by deviationtx / multiprotocol tx module)
* 30m range ? May be it is sufficient for this kind of quad, but it can be repellent for a buyer. And 100/200m will be nice too. Control distance should be at least the same as the Eachine camera. I'm not sure it can be used outdoor, but i have large wall in my house...
* Sell it BNF !!!!
* Flight mode : we want stable and acro mode. Other functions (voice, headless) are useless. Lack of acro mode is the reason i will not buy this one
* Compatibility with Eachine Camera (this one http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-MC01...105842201212FR). Compatibility means a way to fix it to frame, and a plug to take power from the quad battery
* Compatibility with bigger battery (because camera will draw power). Not very bigger battery, only need space for a 300mah. May be 300mah is too big, don't know. Don't touch the quad size, try to allow a maximum of space for the battery you can
* Bigger motor : inductrix is limited to 6mm diameter motor (and good 6mm motor are uncommon and expensive). Use good 8mm motor, so we don't have to change them (if we had to change motor, it will increase the price in the buyer's head)
* Price : all those upgrade will cause the price to go up. Nevermind. just keep it under 30$ BNF, and it will be good
* Color : don't change. if you add range (100/200m), we will flight it in grass. Avoid green color. Orange or red is perfect
Last edited by camousse; Jul 12, 2016 at 03:15 AM. Reason: don't touch the quad size