3D Printed Carry Case for Tiny Whoop

First off, if you don't know about the Tiny Whoop movement, where have you been?!? The guys over at Team Big Whoop are largely credited with coming up with the idea...

Splash

Protect and Carry Your Tiny Whoop!

First off, if you don't know about the Tiny Whoop movement, where have you been?!? The guys over at Team Big Whoop are largely credited with coming up with the idea. They took the Blade Inductrix and upgraded the motors and batteries, added a tiny 25mW FPV camera system and turned it into the ultimate micro FPV machine. It's possibly the most popular FPV quad in existence right now. Once you add on the camera, the copter will no longer fit in the original box so you have to get creative and buy alternative cases or even make your own.

3D printing is very popular and there are several case designs available on Thingiverse if you have your own printer. Since most of us don't have a 3D printer, Chris from Rockstar Alchemist decided he would put his Lulzbot TAZ6 printer to good use and offer cases and accessories for the Tiny Whoop. I went ahead and got one ordered myself to get in the print que and cannot wait to get my case.

His cases will fit the quad and six 205mAh lipo batteries. They are available in six different colors including glow in the dark. The case is 12 dollars, but he also sells a combo kit for $19 that includes the case, camera mount, frame brace and an antenna guard. These are must have items for your Tiny Whoop.

You can check out these items at Chris's webpage here.

Jul 11, 2016, 09:51 AM
Forward ever, backward never!
These look great! Any chance we can get weights for the flying bits? The brace looks solid and like it may be on the heavier side, i.e. >1g. I'm also wondering whether the bunny ear antenna proctor will work for the Spektrum VA1100, or just for the Quanum/RMRC etc cam/vTX combos.
Jul 11, 2016, 09:53 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
I let Chris know about the article so maybe he'll chime in here with that info.
Jul 11, 2016, 02:31 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Hey my order just arrived! Kinda wished I ordered the combo and got the antenna protector.
Jul 11, 2016, 03:20 PM
Brainstorm, I have a balance at home, but it's only accurate to the nearest gram, so I can't give you precise numbers. For those learning, or prone to bashing about the frame stiffener and antenna guard are a good choice. I personally only use the antenna guard. In my camera mount design, I tried to cut as much weight as I could without sacrificing durability. The walls on the other designs were too thin for my preferences. Perhaps someone with a more accurate balance can answer your question. And a big thanks to Jason Cole for posting this.
Jul 11, 2016, 03:43 PM
Thanks, Chris. Think I may just order a Can of Whoop and weigh the parts on arrival. Just have to make up my mind on a color for the box. (Alloy 910 for the parts.)
Jul 11, 2016, 05:01 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I am looking to convert my Inductrix and was checking the link for motors but they are sold out... any other retailers sell the fast motors?
Jul 11, 2016, 05:15 PM
Thelongranger
Check out winderwonderworks aswell. Great 3d printed parts for the tiny whoop.
Jul 11, 2016, 06:13 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
They sell out everywhere so fast it's crazy.
Jul 11, 2016, 06:27 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Can the stock motors carry the cam/vtx?
Jul 11, 2016, 06:43 PM
FYI: Discussion about the "Tiny Whoop" FPV upgrade is in the Blade Inductrix thread. Camera/vTX options, motor options, 1S LiPo options, frame upgrades... it's all there!
Jul 11, 2016, 07:55 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Care to offer a motor link to those that don't have time to digest the extensive thread ?
Jul 11, 2016, 09:21 PM
Brainstorm, note, I'm about to add yellow and pink to the color options too. Hahaha.
Jul 11, 2016, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor Trails
Can the stock motors carry the cam/vtx?
They can, albeit flight times are reduced, but the most noticeable issue will be you'll have to fly at a higher throttle setting, and the punch out will suffer significantly, without upgraded motors and batteries. I think the "fast motors" are the way to go, if you're putting a camera on.
Jul 11, 2016, 11:34 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Agreed, I flew it on stock motors a couple of times while waiting for the fast ones. It was terrible. Once I got the fast motors installed it was a whole new machine. Went from blah to Ahh!

Quick Reply