Jul 19, 2016, 10:19 AM
Thread OP
i dont know what the exact weight will be now but its gonna be heavy and rigid and require super duper 90 mm in the 5kw+ range
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2016, 06:15 PM
Thread OP

Hand layup

I'm using 200 and 400 gram carbon fiber cloth with west system slow cure and so far so good. It's gonna be very rigid
Jul 20, 2016, 12:39 AM
Classic jets rule
Make sure your RX wont be blocked by the CF
Jul 20, 2016, 01:16 AM
Thread OP
might have to externally mount the sat RX's
Jul 20, 2016, 11:10 AM
Thread OP

Carbon airwolf

I'm running 3 sat rx's and the main Rx but at close hover range , but might be a good idea to bring them out 😬😬
Jul 20, 2016, 04:43 PM
Classic jets rule
some RX are made to work with C/F ...but not sure which one s
Jul 20, 2016, 05:14 PM
2.4 RX with long antenna wires allow you to place the ends of the antennae outside of the structure so the signal won't be blocked.
Jul 20, 2016, 08:18 PM
Thread OP
i managed to warp one of the elevators looks like im gonna be making it out of balsa wood now
Jul 21, 2016, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoaheli
I'm using 200 and 400 gram carbon fiber cloth with west system slow cure and so far so good. It's gonna be very rigid
Thatīs heavy stuff!!

On my "aerotetris" builds (Saab105, Su27, StarFighter, MiG29 and Draken) i use most time balsa edges on the wing / stabs and fin and use 1 layer of 80g glass tissue and than 1 or 2 layers of 50g glass tissue. All with 24h epoxy. And sometimes i think this is heavy

Will follow your progress with interest

Regards, George
Jul 21, 2016, 08:30 AM
Thread OP
Hello George,
After im all done with the airframe, im estimate it right under 6 lbs empty. I dont think thats too heavy for this length, you can evacuate the foam in some areas such as the nose section.
Jul 23, 2016, 03:58 PM
Thread OP

I got an f104

My local club member "jet mike" gave this to me. Now I can get some insight before I fly the big boy.
Jul 28, 2016, 10:56 PM
It is just recently....like earlier today I stumbled across aeroTetris.
I found this kits a little strange lol. Just different I guess. I have a few questions if you don't mind?
How is everyone finishing these! Glass cloth and resin? Has anyone did a turbine version?
what about making plugs out the finished plane components?
Thanks and I don't mean to intrude on your build....I'm just intrigued by this method of building.
Thanks

Myles
Jul 31, 2016, 09:49 AM
Thread OP
i feel the finish will factor in the weight and the end weight will dictate the flight characteristics

im building mine to take a crash or a pancake in the desert

i think you can leave it in foam, (super floaty)
or carbon fber/glass and epoxy (west systems slow)

im laying it up in sections and im at the midsection now laying carbon in the intake ductng.

The motor is going to be all the way in the tail
Aug 01, 2016, 10:09 AM
Thread OP
im getting along with the build and its looking more like 8.5-9 lb airframe dry

i hope to be under 15 rtf
Aug 01, 2016, 10:33 AM
Question- How well is the epoxy adhering to the foam? I Ive glassed the white beaded type foam before....but this foam looks a little different?

Quick Reply