Jul 13, 2016, 07:31 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Thread OP
Thats pretty crazy for a RC Tx that expensive without simple
dualRate/Expo adjustments.....

Also,
what if your plane is a V-Tail (miniTalon),
one cannot use this $250 RC Transmitter....lol

and last but not least, why in the heck are users using 433 Long Range RC control
for mini quads??
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2016, 08:05 PM
z33
z33
Keen to try this but yes would prefer a smaller form factor for travel etc. Devo 6s is a nice comparison.
Jul 13, 2016, 10:04 PM
Team Warpsquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
Thats pretty crazy for a RC Tx that expensive without simple
dualRate/Expo adjustments.....

Also,
what if your plane is a V-Tail (miniTalon),
one cannot use this $250 RC Transmitter....lol

and last but not least, why in the heck are users using 433 Long Range RC control
for mini quads??
I understand that they are catering to the mini quad section first and wanted to make a all in one radio that is really simple to setup and go fly for people who are new to the hobby. Versus having to buy a taranis and learn opentx which can be daunting. So I do get it and I know Trappy mentioned the other night that if they can figure a way to add fixed wing support and make it as easy as possible they would.

Maybe an advanced firmware option that people can choose to download and install might be a good way to go about it. Either way I'm sure they will find a way to make it happen as I am sure there are quite a few that would love to have that ability.
Jul 15, 2016, 08:38 AM
When we have an airplane with autopilot and stabilisation and all the stuff on board.. having an advanced remote become a waste. Plus as mentioned above, the advanced remote can be daunting for "autopilot-operater" these days who don't know what dual-rate is and is flying happily (even without knowing its existence). That and the dual-rate function may be named something else INSIDE the autopilot.

So really.. having a simple remote with no frills and clean look is a fresh air for me.
As for the price, if it has a good gimbal and "build quality" and that "feels expensive", it should not be a problem. Add that with an all-channel video tx and mini display.
While we might be able to do the same with less, the cleanliness of an integrated system is still something to be desired (at least by me).

So in the end, its not all about function vs price.
Otherwise monalisa wouldn't be in a museum by now.
Jul 15, 2016, 09:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormizer
When we have an airplane with autopilot and stabilisation and all the stuff on board.. having an advanced remote become a waste. Plus as mentioned above, the advanced remote can be daunting for "autopilot-operater" these days who don't know what dual-rate is and is flying happily (even without knowing its existence). That and the dual-rate function may be named something else INSIDE the autopilot.

So really.. having a simple remote with no frills and clean look is a fresh air for me.
As for the price, if it has a good gimbal and "build quality" and that "feels expensive", it should not be a problem. Add that with an all-channel video tx and mini display.
While we might be able to do the same with less, the cleanliness of an integrated system is still something to be desired (at least by me).

So in the end, its not all about function vs price.
Otherwise monalisa wouldn't be in a museum by now.
Your 100% correct, I LOVE "simple"!!!!!

...but my "simple" 2-servo flying FPV-wing (elevon only)
cannot be used with this "simple" $250 TANGO..
Sucks for my "simple" FPV-wing.
No fresh air for me and my FPV-wing:-(
Jul 15, 2016, 09:23 AM
no like.
1. To many proprietary components inside - and we all know TBS stuff is not the cheapest one.
2. Very specific - will work with some quads only... so one true hobbyist would need a second TX anyway.
3. Not sure how comfortable will be to use it.
4. I am still shocked by how TBS uses a standard RJ45 connector and call it TBS Port.
Jul 15, 2016, 11:46 AM
Endurance, Altitude, and Range
Jumped ship on the TBS Crossfire very early on (pre-ordered) only to find out that it totally ruins my 1.2Ghz video performance.
I can accept that it is the VRX's fault for having too wide of a listening range (900Mhz to 1800Mhz as is the case with many 1.2Ghz VRXs today). The Crossfire is good in that it doesn't emit anything near 1.2Ghz and stays in its 868Mhz or 915Mhz frequencies but that's not the point...
... the point is I don't like how TBS didn't feel a need to let the public know of potential problems with its Crossfire and 1.2Ghz video systems. There are many people that had the same issues and had to get rid of their Crossfire systems soon after getting them at a significant loss of money.
Kinda feel misled by TBS, perhaps purposefully for the sake of getting more sales for their Crossfire system. They kept telling us their tests showed no problems but I'm very skeptical of it. Laboratory tests are one thing but real world tests are a whole different story.
Some people who fly 1.2Ghz video happen to have setups that are not affected by the interference, I will admit that. But the greater majority of tests by MANY more have shown that the problem IS THERE and is MAJOR. If 90% of 1.2Ghz flyers are affected then obviously something is wrong and should be addressed.
I was lucky to have sold my Crossfire to a good person on the Classified section early on - but unfortunately I lost almost $150USD on the transaction.
Soon after I asked TBS to put up a warning message on their site for anyone thinking of getting the Crossfire letting them know of potential major problems with 1.2Ghz system VRXs. They said "we'll consider it" but it never happened. I only asked them to put up the equivalent of a FCC warning message and it was apparently too much for them. Sales seem to come first, then the customers. What a shame.
I've lost a great deal of respect for TBS and their business practices and don't think I'll be purchasing any more of their future products, including this one.
Last edited by daBKLYNdoorman; Jul 15, 2016 at 11:56 AM.
Jul 15, 2016, 12:45 PM
Thread OP
That UHF_CrossFIRE is for 5.8 and 2.4Video users.
Around my parts, it won't work that way.
1.2 Video all the way for me!
Jul 15, 2016, 12:53 PM
Endurance, Altitude, and Range
Quote:
That UHF_CrossFIRE is for 5.8 and 2.4Video users.
Around my parts, it won't work that way.
1.2 Video all the way for me!
TBS should have mentioned that from day one! Their message was "NO INTERFERENCE AT ALL".
Not really misleading (since the Crossfire is not the one interfering) but MISGUIDING. Should have been upfront with people.
The TANGO transmitter might be good but just wanted to FYI everyone here on TBS's practices with their most recent past product launch. My suggestion is don't risk buying it first if you don't have to.
Last edited by daBKLYNdoorman; Jul 15, 2016 at 01:09 PM.
Jul 15, 2016, 01:56 PM
Team Warpsquad
Yeah that goes for any new product, I always look at it as would I be ok losing said amount of money if the product ends up failing and use that to determine if I should pre order or wait. Tho I do agree the smarter thing to do is wait even tho sometimes(well a lot of times) that is hard to do.

My assurance in this product really comes from the rotorx guy's which have helped with its development and they seem love it.
Jul 15, 2016, 07:38 PM
"cheap, small, lightweight"
It seems the Crossfire's third harmonic also affects 2.4G video range, some people on FPVLab reported that. When asked about it in the Crossfire thread they pretend the problem is not there. But atleast that's fixable with filtering and seperation ... Question is how much filtering and seperation is needed.
Jul 16, 2016, 03:38 PM
Thread OP
This TANGO is only $12 and has dualRates for Airplanes....lol

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2702389
Last edited by rclab1; Jan 07, 2018 at 04:46 PM.
Jul 16, 2016, 07:37 PM
Team Crash
That's the Tango II Racing radio

Quote:
This TANGO is only $12 and has dualRates for Airplanes....lol

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2702389
Jul 19, 2016, 11:24 PM
Engineer for Christ
I've been running the Tango for 5 months now and so far I really like it. The only issue is that the firmware doesn't allow for elevon mixing for airplane guys like me. Trappy promised me he'd have it in another release, so I'm patiently waiting.

-Alex
Jul 20, 2016, 04:20 AM
Can anyone else verify 31st July?

Quick Reply