Jul 10, 2016, 10:27 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

800mw 900mhz with polarized matching cloverleaf antennas.

Hi I have a 900mhz 800mw fpv system with matching clover leaf polarized antennas and the range seams to get to 50meters and cuts out. I brought this system because I believed it would be the right setup to take me 2-4 miles unhindered video. If I leave the camera in my living room and walk around the garden then the range is about ten yards. I'm running the tx off a 3s 500mah turnigy lipo and on the receiver and goggles I'm running a 3s 3000mah lipo for both..
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2016, 12:06 AM
Math says you should get 11 miles all things being ideal. Look for noise sources? are you in the city? are all your cell phones turned off? try going to the middle of nowhere and trying again if you can.
Jul 11, 2016, 12:45 AM
If it's cutting out at that range, it's not external interference.
It's either broken, or Tx and Rx are not on the same channel.
Jul 11, 2016, 02:17 PM
Thread OP
I thought it should be a lot further range. I don't think the transmitter is faulty. I do know that my lipo is on it's way out and I have ordered a replacement already which I'm hoping is the answer. I live in the middle of nowhere. Nothing but fields all around me. And on this particular flight I'd left my phone in doors. .. Does range decrease as the battery depletes energy??? The channel could be a good guess. I was flipping through 4 channels trying to find best signal but had the number taped over as it was mounted. I shall call my friend in to spot my next flight as it was scary when I had to pull the goggles off and orientate myself to find it in the sky lmao
Jul 11, 2016, 02:21 PM
Thread OP
In addition the signal is strong and picture is mint untill it gets so far. And it also cut out when directly above me . Thanks for any advice and tips. I've Been trouble shooting most problems my self successfully but this has me boggered
Nov 16, 2016, 01:35 PM
Radio-Actif
Did you ever get this resolved? I just went through some 900MHz transmitters and they are not all the same at all, some are plain junk. The antennas are another area to be careful with.

Quick Reply