This thread is privately moderated by Shaper Dave, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 10, 2016, 12:01 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

7-9

Last weekend I had Joe Nave bring his big camera to the field to shoot some flying shots of the Ghost 2. Joe does all the photos for me for the last 10 years of my DLG models.

The G2 is the best flying glider I have ever flown. Im a fan of the tri-hedral wing design and have used it for many years on my TD gliders dating back to the Predator XL I produced in the late 90's.

I didn't think it was possible to have this in a DLG so never pursued it. Some time back in late 2014 a friend named Chris Parkyn contacted me about some really interesting things he was trying out on his low wing design.
He has a good friend by the name of Jack Chambers who was having Chris cut his wing and bend it up to a set dihedral angle. This was flown and while it did show an improvement in stability and circling wasn't all that great.
Jack then had him cut the tip and bend it up to another angle and then things really started to improve.
I will cover the whole story for groups when this glider is ready for independent testing and review from glidermang. Its a great story and has taken a long time to get the G2 out.
Any questions you can contact me here.
Dave
Last edited by Shaper Dave; Jul 11, 2016 at 09:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2016, 10:30 PM
So sweet Dave. Nice work.

Tim
Jul 30, 2016, 02:23 AM
Hi Dave,

Great plane you are developing here.
When do you plan to have them out for sale?
Do you sell your prototypes? I want to have one...

Daniel

Quick Reply