Jul 08, 2016, 09:49 PM
This is a pretty cool thing to show the prototype Bearcat in the rough. I'm especially happy to see the final product being the Blue Angels scheme and not another Rare Bear. The size is a great choice also. These last couple weeks have been awesome for us F8F Bearcat fans.
Last edited by Donodo; Jul 09, 2016 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Correction from 'F9F' to 'F8F'.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2016, 10:54 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
You guys are killing me! Man, looks right on! You guys have all the fun lol
Jul 08, 2016, 11:09 PM
Soli Deo Gloria
This is awesome. I'm on board for this one!
Jul 08, 2016, 11:11 PM
Been asking for a foamie bearcat for years..now theres 2..
Jul 08, 2016, 11:52 PM
Classic jets rule
Oh man another cat.....cant have to many i guess.looks right on.
Jul 08, 2016, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
2 of them and in different sizes too! This Bearcat will get the nod first just because MotionRC is the reseller. They understand the importance of having replacement parts. MotionRC also ships the order.

The other seller's site is where they take my money and then don't send the order! The last time, I placed an order in May, then a month later I get an email asking if I will wait an additional 3 weeks before they ship my order! Then it took 3 days of emails in order to get them to return my money. Obviously I've lost trust in the other company so it's a good possibility I'll not get the smaller 1100mm Bearcat.
Jul 09, 2016, 12:06 AM
AA6JB
And Motion is showing two additional sets of graphics in the spare parts listing, besides the two that they already include in the box!
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
Jul 09, 2016, 12:13 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Yep....Alpha's working his magic!
Jul 09, 2016, 12:15 AM
The only thing I can nit-pick about is the Blue Angels paint is glossy. Makes sense to have it dull but that's going to be an extra step to make it glossy.

-MM
Jul 09, 2016, 12:17 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Yeah....this 1200mm Bearcat was codenamed "Project Evelyn", Alpha surprise Evelyn with the news on April 7th..... her 17th B-Day. It was very cool!

As you guys may know, the Bearcat is Evelyn's favorite warbird.
Jul 09, 2016, 12:33 AM
Foam abuser!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot_MM
The only thing I can nit-pick about is the Blue Angels paint is glossy. Makes sense to have it dull but that's going to be an extra step to make it glossy.

-MM
A couple coats of Minwax Polycrylic will take care of that.

Pat
Jul 09, 2016, 01:55 AM
This one is more scale than the bangood one fore sure..which has typical fms enlargements of tails ect. I like it..i like it alot
Jul 09, 2016, 01:59 AM
Scale Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot_MM

-MM
Actually there is no sense in having it dull since the standard color for Bearcats was FS15042, otherwise known as "Gloss Sea Blue". And the Blue Angels used a custom shade of blue which was substantially lighter than FS15042. Not nit-picking here, just clarifying what is historically accurate. If I were going to nit-pick I might make mention of what appears to me to be an excess of dihedral. It is not at all uncommon for manufacturers to get the dihedral wrong but I think this is the first time I've ever noted that it might be too much! (With the possible exception of the Hangar 9 .60 size BF-109 I suppose.) At any rate a little too much dihedral looks better than not enough and certainly would not be a deal breaker for me. Overall it looks pretty good and I love the fact that it is being offered devoid of markings so that each owner can customize it if they so desire. Wish more manufacturers would follow Flightline's lead in this regard. Now if they would just offer a version of it with the scale articulated retracts I would be in seventh heaven! Oh, and they could offer one about 72-75 inches span as well, that would be fantastic.
Jul 09, 2016, 02:15 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
This one is more scale than the bangood one fore sure..which has typical fms enlargements of tails ect. I like it..i like it alot
Evelyn does too! This bird is just freakin cool! Great looks, outstanding performance, and a sweetheart to land.

Bottomline: The FLRC Bearcat is a winner!!!
Jul 09, 2016, 03:46 AM
So begs the question why all these FLRC warbirds are 1200mm whilst the LA7 is 1100mm

Like the idea of the thinking behind being able to use a range of battery sizes, and not having to upgrade out of the box for good performance

Been there done that with Unique Corsair, had to upgrade motor and esc

Quick Reply