Jul 20, 2016, 11:24 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stang
Awesome you got some stick time on the Bearcat. Very nice of the birthday girl to let you fly her ride... How would you say it compares to the FLRC Spitfire?

I want to do a Marine scheme on mine, but I'm having trouble finding photos of a scheme that actually had "Marines" in larger font on the side...seems most had the designation in very small print under the horizontal...yet a lot of the Navy versions had "Navy" in larger font.
With all do respect to the FLRC Spitfire, which is a great flying model, IMHO the FLRC Bearcat is the best of the 1200mm fighter. Super slow landings that are so stable, with and without flaps. Vertical performance is insane....unlimited! Most importantly, it flies great on a 4S 2500-4000 pack. I prefer the 4000 in moderate winds and 2500 on a light day. Add the fact of the scale fidelity and great foam finish.....and all I can say is.....hopefully my daughter and I will be flying Bearcats together.

Triple-I'm digging that red Marine scheme!

I predicted the FLRC Bearcat would be a HOT selling warbird and things are looking outstanding. Motion even increase the initially pre-order numbers and they are moving quick. All good news for future cool warbirds ideas coming to life soon from FlightlineRC and Motion RC. If you've dreamed of it, they're working to make it reality....trust me on this!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2016, 11:25 PM
Foam abuser!
I have 4S 3600s that will be perfect for this. Come on September!

Pat
Jul 20, 2016, 11:27 PM
EB-66C Team Member
The cool thing is that the model could easily fly great on a 4S 5000 for 15 minute flights with moderate throttle use.
Jul 20, 2016, 11:40 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
With all do respect to the FLRC Spitfire, which is a great flying model, IMHO the FLRC Bearcat is the best of the 1200mm fighter. Super slow landings that are so stable, with and without flaps. Vertical performance is insane....unlimited! Most importantly, it flies great on a 4S 2500-4000 pack. I prefer the 4000 in moderate winds and 2500 on a light day. Add the fact of the scale fidelity and great foam finish.....and all I can say is.....hopefully my daughter and I will be flying Bearcats together.

I predicted the FLRC Bearcat would be a HOT selling warbird and things are looking outstanding. Motion even increase the initially pre-order numbers and they are moving quick. All good news for future cool warbirds ideas coming to life soon from FlightlineRC and Motion RC. If you've dreamed of it, they're working to make it reality....trust me on this!
We need a Flightline F6F Hellcat!!!
Jul 20, 2016, 11:45 PM
I don't have anything bigger than 4S 2200 (YET!). Do you think it would fly ok on that? Even if for only 5 minutes (thats still longer than my EDF....). My Durafly birds take the 2200's...

-MM
Jul 21, 2016, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleW
Something like one of these?
Yes...something like those, but...

I saw both before. The first is a reserve squadron scheme that was never used...as there has never been a Marine squadron "VMF 12" The very first Marine fighter squadron started at VMF 111. It is simply the creation of a graphic artist. The other is box art for an old model and its an F8F2 instead of a F8F1 like the flightline...and I'm not sure that's a real scheme either.

I can't find any photos of actual Bearcats with a scheme similar to those... it just seems weird there are no photos or three views to work with anywhere I've looked. I very much appreciate you looking though.

All the actual photos of Marine Bearcats I can find look more like this...notice the marines under the tail in very small print.

http://www.godihirschi.ch/Cats/Bearcat/bu90446c.jpg
Jul 21, 2016, 12:06 AM
Quote:

Thanks for that buddy! I can't wait to get my Bearcat...and to see what they do next!! (been dreaming of a few ya know...)
Jul 21, 2016, 12:31 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot_MM
I don't have anything bigger than 4S 2200 (YET!). Do you think it would fly ok on that? Even if for only 5 minutes (thats still longer than my EDF....). My Durafly birds take the 2200's...

-MM
Yeah...it will be fine on a 4S 2200 but you'll likely need to add 1 -2 oz.
Jul 21, 2016, 12:34 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stang
Thanks for that buddy! I can't wait to get my Bearcat...and to see what they do next!! (been dreaming of a few ya know...)
My pleasure Adam! I'm thinking we'll see them sooner than ETA.
Jul 21, 2016, 02:15 AM
Classic jets rule
Must sell a few birds to make room....got a fms T-28 1400mm i could part with.

Jul 21, 2016, 06:05 AM
Quote:
My pleasure Adam! I'm thinking we'll see them sooner than ETA.
That would be awesome!
Jul 21, 2016, 10:55 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
Must sell a few birds to make room....got a fms T-28 1400mm i could part with.

Yep......been selling off stuff as well. I had to make room for a newly acquired ASM A-26 (92" span), Great Planes Giant Scale Super Chipmunk 120 (81" span) and soon...the EB-66C (112 span). Out with the old, in with the new.

Thankfully, this Bearcat doesn't take up much space.
Jul 21, 2016, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Yep......been selling off stuff as well. I had to make room for a newly acquired ASM A-26 (92" span), Great Planes Giant Scale Super Chipmunk 120 (81" span) and soon...the EB-66C (112 span). Out with the old, in with the new.

Thankfully, this Bearcat doesn't take up much space.
You got it made bro.

From the way you post you know it and you are grateful. I like that.

This hobby...as well as the fellowship within it...are truly a blessing!

Sorry...just felling lucky myself...
Jul 21, 2016, 02:13 PM
EB-66C Team Member
I appreciate you Adam. I'm fortunate to be alive after last year's health scare and so blessed to still be here... living everyday to the fullest. The more I can help folks in our hobby, the happier I am because this hobby has carried me through many challenging times. The hobby for me has always been about fun and fellowship and I'm very thankful for our friends around the world.
Jul 21, 2016, 02:51 PM
How come we are not seeing flight video from you guys? Has MRC asked that they be the first for promotional purposes? Odd though as they had no issue with the Mig21 and video.

Quick Reply