FlightLineRC 1200mm F8F-1 Bearcat - RC Groups
Jul 08, 2016, 03:46 PM
Kicking Tires
New Product

FlightLineRC 1200mm F8F-1 Bearcat

Motion RC is very proud to announce the fifth warbird from FlightLineRC, the venerable Grumman F8F-1 Bearcat! Our Bearcat is Officially Licensed from Northrop Grumman, and we are grateful for the opportunity to have partnered with them to bring this model to life.

Over the past year we have developed the FlightLineRC Bearcat alongside the 1200mm Spitfire and 1100mm La-7 as an American, British, and Russian triple threat. Arguably one of the most powerful propeller driven fighters ever made, we endeavored to bring the popular Bearcat to the public in an affordable, easily transportable package that looks good and flies great. Most importantly, the FlightLineRC Bearcat is backed by the spare parts, quality, and customer support you have come to trust from Motion RC. We are especially proud to state that this is the only Bearcat on the RC market that is officially licensed by Northrop Grumman.

To commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Blue Angels, the FlightLineRC F8F-1 Bearcat includes a decal set for the Blue Angels livery it wore in 1946. To honor the US reserve armed forces, a livery from a 1948 Kansas Naval Reserve squadron is also included. Because the model arrives painted in bare blue, pilots can also opt to paint and customize their Bearcats with their own livery choices. We recommend Callie Graphics (www.callie-graphics.com) for custom decals!

The FlightLineRC Bearcat assembles in minutes with only nine screws; glue is not required. Features include a highly detailed plastic radial engine that can be removed separately from the cowl for easy masking/painting/weathering, a plastic cowl for durability, interior green painted plastic gear doors and wheel wells, a detailed cockpit, large split flaps for very slow landings, oversized retracts with metal trunions and 4mm steel wire, and a large battery bay to accommodate a 4s 2500mAh-4000mAh battery and an optional gyro. The inner gear doors are spring-hinged to close during flight to reduce drag and advance the overall scale effect. We're seeing between 6-8 minutes of comfortable flying.

Our very own Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike are producing video later this month to show off the gentle handling of this easy flying warbird. Hopefully we'll have video out before we head to Oshkosh. Mass Production is already underway, and the pre-order just opened up so reserve your Bearcat today!

More details here:

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...nt=23932965574

Please note, the aircraft shown in these photos uses plain main wheel hubs. The aircraft you will receive uses a more accurate spoked main wheel hub.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2016, 03:51 PM
rob
Very nice,,,,looks fast just sitting there
Jul 08, 2016, 03:57 PM
Comin' in HOT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha.MotionRC
The inner gear doors are spring-hinged to close during flight to reduce drag and advance the overall scale effect.
Can you get some pics of the gear well and doors? Interested to see how they work.

Welcome back by the way. What a hiatus.
Jul 08, 2016, 04:01 PM
AA6JB
Oh yeah! A VERY nice choice for the next FRC model IMO.
Latest blog entry: My Blade 200S
Jul 08, 2016, 04:14 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Glad to see "Project Evelyn" available for pre-order! She will be thrilled.

This Bearcat is a sweet flying warbird.....you guys will love it.
Latest blog entry: RC Roundtable - Episode 44
Jul 08, 2016, 04:19 PM
Never was a Bearcat fan.......'til now.

Woody
Jul 08, 2016, 04:22 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by W. X. Davis

Woody
Feel the same way. It looks fantastic!
Jul 08, 2016, 04:26 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by W. X. Davis

Woody
I've flown the CNC development model and the preproduction bird and it is an awesome flying model and a long overdue foamy warbird. Awesome job FLRC!
Jul 08, 2016, 04:57 PM
This is the one I've been waiting for, the F8F Bearcat in Blue Angels scheme. So this plane is top on my list! Just as soon as the hobby funds for this/next month becomes available I'm ordering it. MotionRC has always been excellent ordering which is a far cry for me with 'other' RC web-businesses.
Last edited by Donodo; Jul 09, 2016 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Correction from 'F9F' to 'F8F'.
Jul 08, 2016, 05:06 PM
EB-66C Team Member
You will be very impressed and the 4S speed and unlimited vertical is awesome!
Jul 08, 2016, 05:09 PM
Parkstormer!
I've definitely found my next plane. Bring it!
Jul 08, 2016, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
You will be very impressed and the 4S speed and unlimited vertical is awesome!

Hehe, well I've got the 4s batteries for it but not any 3s of enough weight and capacity required. I have a feeling that if I were to find some 3s 4000 batteries I'd be just as happy with this Bearcat. I like flying more like I'm grooving it the way the real plane does.
Jul 08, 2016, 05:46 PM
Foam abuser!
At first I was a little disappointed at the size (I wanted bigger), but since it will fly on the same packs I use for my FMS P-40, I went ahead and pre-ordered one.

Besides, it will make a flying buddy jealous as he loves Bearcats!

Pat
Jul 08, 2016, 05:49 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Good on ya Pat! I guess a little arm twisting worked. Now....get rest of those Freewing jets.

Quick Reply