Jul 30, 2016, 01:34 PM
RC Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by diydrone
a FPV test on GPS plane
Pretty unstable video with a lot of shaking around looks like your mount is not doing the camera justice and is just to shaky and needs firming up a little.

Bill
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2016, 03:09 PM
UAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by billhally
Bill
Wind factor Bill.
Jul 30, 2016, 03:41 PM
Trith_FPV
I use a carbon fiber anti jello mount. Works fantastic removes all vibration / jello effects. Lightweight too!
Jul 31, 2016, 04:48 AM
RC Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAS
Wind factor Bill.
Yeh maybe it was that too just seems like a lot of movement though which could easily be solved just firming things up a bit, this camera produces real nice video when it gets the chance. I know I am more than happy with mine until now.

Bill
Jul 31, 2016, 04:50 AM
RC Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1T0N
I use a carbon fiber anti jello mount. Works fantastic removes all vibration / jello effects. Lightweight too!
Great stuff anything to help the video is good IMHO you have seen my Skywalker mount in my video and I have made a one for my Mini Talon too am looking forward to trying it on that.

Happy Flying and good landings
Aug 02, 2016, 04:35 PM
forward swept peg installer
Quote:
Originally Posted by billhally
Info and flight test video from this morning
Thanks for that video. That helped make me decide to get the Firefly Q6 over all the other small cameras out there. I have an 808 #16 camera and while the video looks ok for it's size, I am looking for something with better quality for some DLG sailplane flights.

I plan to strip everything I can off of it to reduce weight (case, LCD, speaker, and maybe look for a smaller battery if I need to). I am hoping to get it down to under 30 grams. 26 to 28 grams would be awesome but I have a feeling I won't be able to get it that low. We will see. 45 grams on a 237 gram 1.5m DLG is significant .
Last edited by StatiC; Aug 02, 2016 at 04:42 PM.
Aug 03, 2016, 06:03 AM
RC Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
Thanks for that video. That helped make me decide to get the Firefly Q6 over all the other small cameras out there. I have an 808 #16 camera and while the video looks ok for it's size, I am looking for something with better quality for some DLG sailplane flights.

I plan to strip everything I can off of it to reduce weight (case, LCD, speaker, and maybe look for a smaller battery if I need to). I am hoping to get it down to under 30 grams. 26 to 28 grams would be awesome but I have a feeling I won't be able to get it that low. We will see. 45 grams on a 237 gram 1.5m DLG is significant .
Great and good luck with that it will be interesting to see what you can get it down to. If our weather improves I am hoping to test the camera some more.

Bill
Aug 04, 2016, 04:09 AM

Seaside

Is anyone using one on the beach and have you had any problems with the salt air due to the cooling slots.Thanks.
Aug 04, 2016, 05:03 AM
RC Crazy
Whilst flying the other day with the camera I appear to have had a bit of a lock up. The flight was around 22mins long and when it came down the led's on the camera were no longer flashing indicating not recording. After pushing a few buttons nothing seemed to happen then the camera turned off. On inspection of the recordings I found one large file over 4gb in size just over 14mins long and not the rest of the flight. I think it may have to do with the large file size so I have enabled the 5 min cyclic setting as the menu calls it which makes files only 5 mins long and hopefully that will stop the problem. I will test it next time out to see what happens, anyone else seen this ??

Bill
Aug 04, 2016, 08:19 AM
ptg
ptg
I set 10 min recordings on all my cams.
Aug 04, 2016, 08:29 AM
RC Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptg
I set 10 min recordings on all my cams.
i think its only selectable to 5 mins on this camera I set it to that and shot a few mins of video to find one at 5 mins and a shorter one. I will test it at this next time out to see what happens. Bill
Aug 04, 2016, 10:05 AM
It sounds like that is a crash of somekind. I am hoping in normal circumstances it can close the file properly when it gets a low battery. I want one continuous video up to battery low. Has anyone tested this yet?
Aug 04, 2016, 02:03 PM
CX20 internals F450 frame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maven2007
WiFi is needed for config, preview and start, stop. Without it, you don't even see what you record and how camera is positioned. WiFi is a must. It is not only about start and stop recording.

Keychain size is ideal for detectives, any kind of surveillance, monitoring work.

To me WiFi feature with live preview is a must.
So - If you need WiFi, look at the new Firefly 7S
Aug 04, 2016, 02:22 PM
Not everyone needs or wants wifi. I need a very lightweight camera. WiFi is not a requirement for me especially if it adds any weight to it. I will just velcro it on to my model when I want to get a video and just need a button to start and stop recording. I don't even need the LCD once I have it configured the way I want.
Aug 04, 2016, 03:04 PM
CX20 internals F450 frame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBazz
I was about to buy but then noticed cooling slots and as I fly near and over salt water it is likely not a good idea
For those times you're flying in mist or salt spray, just tape over the vents.
Then remove the tape for normal conditions.

PS: I've just done my first tests.
So far it seems that the 2.1 software seems to soften the image when the Gyro is on at 1080p60fps.
Next I will fiddle with the ISO, to see its effect.

Update:
ISO seems to work best in "auto".
All settings give softer images as light fades.
The best results are in cloudy-bright conditions.
The difference from WDR settings is pretty subtle, but I prefer it on.
I will continue to test "Gyro" under 2.1 tomorrow.
It's possible that changing light conditions were what softened the image.
My CX-20 blew a motor & ESC, so I won't be flying till next week.
Last edited by sureshot__; Aug 04, 2016 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply