Jul 12, 2016, 01:00 AM
Leo
Thread OP
Thanks for sharing Victor.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2016, 10:38 AM
Suspended Account
The internal design of firefly Q6 and firmware update (8 min 53 sec)
Jul 13, 2016, 09:14 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by diydrone View Post
Thanks for sharing Victor.
Nice!
Jul 13, 2016, 09:16 AM
Suspended Account

FIREFLY Q6 vs runcam2

Compare RUNCAM2 VS FIREFLY Q6 (2 min 10 sec)

It seems FIREFLY Q6's HDR is better
Jul 13, 2016, 12:46 PM
Where to buy Firefly Q6? Official links?

What exact Sony sensor is used?
Please add quality pinhole lens on 10 cm or more, ribbon cable.
Jul 14, 2016, 09:19 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maven2007 View Post
Where to buy Firefly Q6? Official links?

What exact Sony sensor is used?
Please add quality pinhole lens on 10 cm or more, ribbon cable.

SONY IMX078, 12MEGA PIXELS SENSOR.

http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_360144.html
Jul 14, 2016, 09:20 AM
Suspended Account
4K video and download link in the description
FIREFLY Q6 4K24FPS (0 min 25 sec)
Jul 17, 2016, 05:06 AM
RC Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor.K View Post
Where in this video does it show how to update the firmware?
Jul 18, 2016, 05:17 PM
Scroll down in the comments there is a link to the download.

it's here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...07885735393802
Last edited by bobflyman; Jul 18, 2016 at 05:28 PM.
Jul 18, 2016, 05:21 PM
My unboxing and how to use video of the Q6 with lots of good test clips. When I tested the gyro stabilisation it was nowhere near as good as it's big brother the 6S, though no doubt a FW upgrade will improve that too. Battery life about 50 mins. Spec and details on my link http://goo.gl/Imtk0B and reduced price of just over £50 at the moment. Worth a look.
Hawkeye Firefly Q6 4K FPV Action Cam Unboxed - Using and Test Clips (13 min 11 sec)

and the gyro comparison test

Hawkeye say they are fixing it? Maybe the FW update will help.

Firefly Q6, Firefly 6S and SJCam M20 video and Gyro Stabilisation tested (1 min 45 sec)
Jul 20, 2016, 05:13 AM
RC Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflyman View Post
Scroll down in the comments there is a link to the download.

it's here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...07885735393802
Hi Bob

Thanks for the reply, I have ordered my camera and it has been shipped from Banggood so looking forward to getting it. I did receive an updated firmware from Victor V2.1 which address's the stabilisation issue and will try that as soon as I get it. To actually update the firmware do you just drop the bin file onto an empty micro SD card and start the camera? I have been using Mobius for a long time now with great success but want 1080p 60 in the same form factor camera and the Mobius 2 looks very disappointing really and this one fits the bill. I am hoping that brackets or holders come along at some point as I fly FPV and have three main models that I use for that and would like to interchange the camera between them. First impressions of the Q6 are good, did you try the V2.1 firmware to see if the stabilistaion issue was resolved?

Bill
Last edited by billhally; Jul 20, 2016 at 05:19 AM.
Jul 20, 2016, 04:20 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Yep i agree with the previous poster WiFi is a pretty handy tool to have , picture framing, viewpoint , quality settings , start/stop , view video all can be dont there and then without squinting at a 2 inch screen, even if you dont use it it should be there as an option.

If those 3 cams are all on point, ie moving at the same time etc the Q6 looks laggy as , the Firefly looks ok but i prefer the colouring of the SJ , BUT , colour preference is always a personal thing due to the way the eye and brain works.
Jul 22, 2016, 06:03 AM
RC Crazy
Bob talks about a Wifi application possibly coming along later but does the camera have the hardware to support it? in other words does it have Wifi as I don't see it in the specs.

Bill
Jul 26, 2016, 05:02 AM
RC Crazy
Wow this thread is quiet, I am still awaiting the arrival of my new camera. What about mounting options then anyone got any idea's for mounting on various aircraft?
Jul 26, 2016, 08:57 AM
RC Crazy
Well postman brought my new camera this afternoon and I have to say it looks very nice too. Updated the firmware to the latest v2.1 with out any problems. Ran a few test video's and photos around the house here and all seems to be working just fine up till now. It appears there is one symbol in the new menu that is not in the manual, I think it's a light bulb tyupe symbol and the options are ON or OFF but I am unsure what it is doing any idea's anyone else? or maybe Victor can explain it to us. This camera really does have a lot of settings and is very configurable!!

Cheers Bill

Quick Reply