Sep 03, 2016, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Is it possible to somehow work around the 4 GB limit of FAT?
It records 4 gig at a time (about 15 minutes on 1080p 60fps) then then you get a 1 second burp in your video and it starts a new file. Just a single flight threatens to completely fill my 32 gig card (29.7 usable gigabytes after formatting)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2016, 03:15 PM
RC Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by parajared
It records 4 gig at a time (about 15 minutes on 1080p 60fps) then then you get a 1 second burp in your video and it starts a new file. Just a single flight threatens to completely fill my 32 gig card (29.7 usable gigabytes after formatting)
I was having a problem using the large file method in that it was stopping the recording, I then set it to 5 minute files and no problems since. Each file is 5 mins long with a 1 second video overlap so you dont loose anything.

Bill
Sep 06, 2016, 09:28 PM
Received my Q6 today from HK. Includes lens protector which is nice but a lens cap would be good too. FW 2.1.
Sep 09, 2016, 03:25 AM
What cable is the right for the remote control function? Does this http://www.gearbest.com/action-camer...pp_279059.html working also with Q6?
Sep 09, 2016, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchko
What cable is the right for the remote control function? Does this http://www.gearbest.com/action-camer...pp_279059.html working also with Q6?
Yes the 6S and Q6 are the same hardware so it will work with both.
Sep 09, 2016, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diydrone
The Firefly Q6 4K slimline action FPV camera camcorder is among the highly anticipated 2016 entry mimicking the Keychain camera form factor. HAWK-EYE Aerial Video Technology is known for it's ultra vivid FireFly 6s, that carries a Sony CMOS 12.0 MP sensor with high resolution and GYRO image stabilization; recently putting GoPro in a tough spot. This round, a new challenger to the Mobius and Runcam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_zI5-amX9M

Easy FPV setup for Yoke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDKzDGwwOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEZ84jcAshk

We flew the Runcam, Mobius C2, and Keychain 808 #16, throughout last year, interested to see how Firefly lives up at droneMission.com We will update this post. About USD$64, anyone joining us? Please share your videos too.

What caught our attention. FPV Highlights
  • Remote Start and Stop recording using receiver (option)
  • External battery display. Use the AV voltage converter cable, connect a 2s-6s LiPo, voltage display will show on AV output
  • HDMI Output
  • GYRO image stabilization
  • Auto power on and gracefully turns off after your aircraft battery is powered off !
  • LCD screen and sound to assist pilot in knowing recording is on.
  • High video resolution like it's sibling Firefly 6s
  • Change all your settings with the LCD screen even in the dark, no PC software needed
  • Internal OSD to assist pilot
  • Angle adjustment: 3 options: Large / Medium / Small (small = less distortion but reduce image quality)

User Segment
Camera Enthusiast, FPV Ready, Budget (July 2016 source: Gearbest $63.99, Competitor's Price Check)

What To Expect If This Your First
HAWK-EYE Aerial Video cameras are designed for First Person View (FPV). The Q6 comes with an Audio Video out voltage converter cable. This allows you to connect to a video transmitter and begin receiving live video on your FPV goggles or monitors. Our initial test tells us this is a keeper, regardless if it films at a perfect 4K or not, the 1080P 60 FPS results are fantastic, with that perfect brightness balance suited for FPV. If you do not own a GoPro, this is definitely the choice for a budget Action Sports HD camera.

The menu system is simple and easy to use. Hawk-Eye has a clear understanding of usability, keeping the functions organized and reachable when needed. What differentiates the Firefly Q6 from it’s competitors, is the LCD screen embedded on a light 45 grams camera, inheriting the award winning Firefly 6S video quality. We like that the fact everything worked out of the box.

Factory Specifications
  • Brand Name: Hawkeye
  • Item Name: Hawkeye Firefly Q6 4K 1080P 24FPS HD Mini Camera
  • Model: Firefly Q6
  • Size: 30(L)*21(W)*25(H) mm
  • Image Sensor: SONY 12M back illumination CMOS
  • Wide Angle: 120 degree wide angle lens
  • ISO: Auto,ISO100,ISO1600,ISO400
  • Video Record Format: MP4
  • Photo Record Format: JPG
  • Video Resolution: 4K 24fps, 2.5K 30fps, 1080P 60fps / 30fps, 720P 120fps, VGA 30fps
  • Gyro Image Stabilization: Yes
  • Image Rotate 180 Degrees: Yes
  • OLED Size: 64*48MM
  • Videoplayer software: Quicktime
  • Storage Card: 8G--64G
  • C10 TF card needed: Yes
  • Microphone/Speaker: Yes
  • Image Resolution: 16M, 8M, 5M
  • Time-lapse: Off, 0.5s, 3s, 5s, 10s, 30s
  • Loop-cycle Recording : Yes
  • Loop-cycle Recording Time: 5min,OFF
  • HDMI Output: Yes
  • WDR: Yes
  • Weight: 50g (DM 45 grams without cables)

Similar Cameras
Users have considered these 2016 alternatives: Mobius C2, Runcam 2, Foxeer Legend1

How to Update Firmware
HAWK-EYE has been actively supporting the Q6 with new firmwares to improve on the camera. Here are the steps:
1. Delete any files and folders in the TF/SD memory card (Use: 8G-16G cards)
2. Download the firmware(FIREFLYQ.bin) to memory card
3. Put the memory card into FIREFLY Q6 (make sure your battery is charged greater than 50%)
4. Power on FIREFLY Q6 and it will update the firmware automatically
5. When updating, the LED will flash
6. When update is complete, the FIREFLY Q6 will reboot automatically
7. Delete the firmware file() in the memory card to avoid upgrading again
8. The version is updated to show the next new v#, when you scroll through the menu

To avoid using floating copies, you can find the official Download button below.

Firmware Version History
v2.0
1.Optimize Gyro function.

v 2.1
1.Add LED ON/OFF option.
2.Add speaker ON/OFF option.
3.Solve 4K mode can't record at high bit rate mode.
4.Default sharpness is middle.
5.Default Exposure is middle.
6.Solve the fault when turn WDR ON

v2.2
1. Add contrast menu.
2. Modify EV value, a better EV value, prevent over expose.
3. Add time laps 1 sec recording.
4. Modify color value, makes difference between vivid/standard.

What we love about it
•Superb sharp and vibrant colors
•Brightness average balance option for FPV, balancing skyline and ground
•Remote Control Module, to start and stop recording remotely
•LCD screen, no need for PC software to change settings

What may be essential we hope to see in the next version
•Mini playback of video

Provided by Firefly - Sharp Vision Hawk Eye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxxdgCIbgLA

Contribution by the DroneMission.com R&D Team
Nice video
Sep 10, 2016, 02:48 AM
Leo
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchobbyqueen
Nice video
Still trying out the different settings at different conditions. Cheers! - L
Sep 12, 2016, 01:34 PM
Did anyone already try the Q6 under low light condition? In fact I did and the result is really disturbing, especially when you compare it with a Mobius. Or maybe mine just has some faulty component.

Here are two videos, first one showing Q6 footage, second one my mobius 1:

Firefly Q6 at low light condition (0 min 32 sec)

Mobius at low light condition (0 min 26 sec)

Both are 1080p, the Q6 however with 60f. In the Q6 video especially have a look at the boarder of the trees...I mean this is really horrible. Either my Q6 is faulty or it just can't handle low light conditions the way Mobius does. With daylight picture is create from both cameras.

Are you guys having similar issues? I tried several settings, but nothing could really resolve this blurred effect, therefore I am not really going into details of my Q6 settings. Any suggestionsuggestions or ideas?

Oh yes, I have reduced at the Q6 the EV to low in order get the blurred effected slightly better under control...was the only thing that helped a bit, but therefore it is also a bit darker picture

Cheers
Robert
Sep 12, 2016, 06:54 PM
Firefly is better than Mobius at low light conditions however they both are quite awful. With firefly you fly with normal options, then as the sun is setting you can go to a menu option to change WDR and ISO and allow lower light recording. whereas with Mobius you are just stuck with it being worthless at recording.

the problem with flying FPV with Mobius (0 min 40 sec)
Sep 13, 2016, 01:30 PM
Aha okay...do you mean the issue of mobius is regarding slow/no adjustment of white exposure or sensitivity to low light of the camera? I am talking about the second one.

I followed you advice to change the settings as recommended and look, here is the result:
Firefly:
Firefly low light #2 (0 min 18 sec)

Mobius (no changes):
Mobius low light #2 (0 min 9 sec)

The videos were shot within 1 min time difference, outside it was almost completely dark. I think the result speaks for itself and it didn't matter how I adjusted WDR or iso, the firefly video up was the best result I could get. Maybe you can post a video at dark light conditions of your Firefly Q6...could be that mine has some problem.

I have BTW another video flying with my Mobius at very dark conditions and honestly I can't say that this is bad handling of low light.

Fun at night in Prague (2 min 31 sec)

Either mg Q6 has a problem, or Mobius is just so much better in this.

Cheers
Robert
Sep 13, 2016, 02:55 PM
Your Mobius videos looks better than your Q6 videos at low-light for sure. There is a small window where "normal" recording cameras are still usable as the main right after the sun has set and it looks like you are in that window in the "fun at night in Prague" video.

I still wouldn't call that image great however, for instance at :55 if you wanted to fly between those trees and your Mobius was your main you would be hard pressed to pick a clean line because all you are seeing is black.

Compare a Mobius or a Q6 to something like a Runcam Owl or even just a proper fpv cam and there's no competition.
Last edited by parajared; Sep 13, 2016 at 03:04 PM.
Sep 13, 2016, 05:49 PM
FPV = Cardio
What's the consensus on this cam: Hit? Skip?
Sep 13, 2016, 06:45 PM
Quote:
What's the consensus on this cam: Hit? Skip?
Hit,
Just like Mobius and 808 HD keycam it handles sunrise/sunset conditions poorly, it weighs more than 808 #16 HD keycam, and the gyro is a little weird to fly with as the main cam because the picture isn't true to the way the plane is actually handling, but with a second camera as the main cam the gyro is awesome (with the latest firmware) it really smoothes everything out great. I have some footage of me looking at my wingtip on a windy day and watching the wing just bounce all over the place and the camera keeping a solid lock on the horizon like it's on a gimbal or something. You come home with some silky smooth footage (despite the bumpy air)

4k resolution was a let down for me, 4k 26fps didn't look nearly as good as 1080p 60fps; 4k always looked blurred from the motion of FPV. Q6 to me offered a sharper more vibrant image than Mobius, hd keycam or any regular FPV camera and it's the best recording camera I have tried so far.

I would pit the image quality against that of a gopro, being able to plug the wires straight into your flight battery (up to 6s) without issue is a big plus and for the price it's a great little camera with aerodynamic form factor/ light-ish weight.

edit: I have had the misfortune of testing the durability of it too lol. Very durable!
Last edited by parajared; Sep 13, 2016 at 06:52 PM.
Sep 13, 2016, 07:32 PM
FPV = Cardio
Quote:
Originally Posted by parajared
Hit,
Just like Mobius and 808 HD keycam it handles sunrise/sunset conditions poorly, it weighs more than 808 #16 HD keycam, and the gyro is a little weird to fly with as the main cam because the picture isn't true to the way the plane is actually handling, but with a second camera as the main cam the gyro is awesome (with the latest firmware) it really smoothes everything out great. I have some footage of me looking at my wingtip on a windy day and watching the wing just bounce all over the place and the camera keeping a solid lock on the horizon like it's on a gimbal or something. You come home with some silky smooth footage (despite the bumpy air)

4k resolution was a let down for me, 4k 26fps didn't look nearly as good as 1080p 60fps; 4k always looked blurred from the motion of FPV. Q6 to me offered a sharper more vibrant image than Mobius, hd keycam or any regular FPV camera and it's the best recording camera I have tried so far.

I would pit the image quality against that of a gopro, being able to plug the wires straight into your flight battery (up to 6s) without issue is a big plus and for the price it's a great little camera with aerodynamic form factor/ light-ish weight.

edit: I have had the misfortune of testing the durability of it too lol. Very durable!
Excellent! Thanks for the debrief. For 2/3 of the price of a Runcam 2 and better mic, I guess I know what I'll be waiting on from China.
Sep 14, 2016, 12:13 PM
Anyone know how I can contact Hawkeye? I have business inquiry for this camera.

Quick Reply