Firefly Q6 - 4K 24fps 12MP Bring that competition! - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jul 27, 2016, 03:24 AM
I have not got to upgrading, do you know what has changed on the firmware? Not particularly use digital stabilization on a quadcopter, but possibly useful to others.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2016, 07:18 AM
RC Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrc
I have not got to upgrading, do you know what has changed on the firmware? Not particularly use digital stabilization on a quadcopter, but possibly useful to others.
Here ya go http://www.cnfpv.com/en/TECH/121.html.

I just dropped the bin file onto an empty Micro SD card and switched camera on. Took a few seconds and done updated. Only thing I found in the menu was a symbol I think is a light bulb (and not the exposure one) next to the speaker one and I am not sure what that one is for ??? OK just sussed it its for the LEDS on or off.

Bill
Jul 27, 2016, 07:36 PM
Hi there,

could an owner please test the latency of the video out signal, just like Bruce did it here?

https://youtu.be/BfeNnlBF3vs?t=450

Thanks!
Jul 28, 2016, 09:26 AM
RC Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron
Hi there,

could an owner please test the latency of the video out signal, just like Bruce did it here?

https://youtu.be/BfeNnlBF3vs?t=450

Thanks!
I cant do that for you as I use dedicated board feed cameras for my OSD maybe some one else can. If its already been done why are you worrying about it?
Jul 28, 2016, 03:58 PM
RC Crazy
Info and flight test video from this morning, it wasn't really a nice day to fly as the sky was heavily overcast which always makes these little camera's struggle a bit with the light but the Q6 did a good job given the circumstances. I did not use WDR maybe I should have but this is the result. Bill

Firefly Q6 Action Camera Quick Review and Test Flights. (8 min 50 sec)
Jul 29, 2016, 05:49 AM
ptg
ptg
TNX, Bill, great job.
Excellent results for heavily overcasted sky.
I know that RAW footage is even better, so for 65 $ is this nice kamera really bargain.
Your test video also responded my question about turning off date/time stamp
How is image stabilizer with the newest firmware?

Enjoy.
Jul 29, 2016, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billhally
I cant do that for you as I use dedicated board feed cameras for my OSD maybe some one else can. If its already been done why are you worrying about it?
Bruce did it for the Runcam2, to my knowledge the latency hasn't been tested for the Q6.
Jul 29, 2016, 09:57 AM
RC Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptg
TNX, Bill, great job.
Excellent results for heavily overcasted sky.
I know that RAW footage is even better, so for 65 $ is this nice kamera really bargain.
Your test video also responded my question about turning off date/time stamp
How is image stabilizer with the newest firmware?

Enjoy.
The third clip on my video has Stabilisation turned on, it also has a fish eye distortiuon remover but have not tried that yet and yes a real bargain camera! As you rightly say to the RAW is much better than you see on Youtube.

Bill
Jul 29, 2016, 09:58 AM
RC Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron
Bruce did it for the Runcam2, to my knowledge the latency hasn't been tested for the Q6.
Sorry I misread your comment I thought you meant that Bruce had already done it It should not be to hard to test the latency it's just finding time at the moment.

Bill
Jul 29, 2016, 12:30 PM
Flying while Frying
O agree with the other posters that WiFi is a real must now days. I badly need it to aim the camera.
The Keychain shape of this camera and the 4k recording are a big plus. But without WiFi I am not going to buy it.

Any plan to add WiFi in the near future?
Jul 29, 2016, 03:59 PM
Adam
If someone takes one of these apart, Could you weigh all the components? I want to strip one down to the bare circuit board, lens, and battery. I have heard it can be setup to autorecord on power (not sure how that works though). I would remove the case, speaker, and LCD screen and use very light weight shrink tubing on it to hold everything together. I am hoping to get it below 30 grams for DLG use. I won't use it for FPV... only for recording of the flight.
Jul 30, 2016, 04:16 AM

q6

I was about to buy but then noticed cooling slots and as I fly near and over salt water it is likely not a good idea
Jul 30, 2016, 05:25 AM
ptg
ptg
Tnx, Bill.
IS is really improved with the latest firmware.
Jul 30, 2016, 12:09 PM
Reap the wild wind
Any one know if this shares the same lens thread size as the Mobius as I have a need for a new camera for hatcam duties and prefer the A lens FOV?
Andy
Jul 30, 2016, 01:05 PM
Leo
a FPV test on GPS plane

Mobius MINI versus Firefly Q6 Latency Review (7 min 41 sec)

Last edited by diydrone; Oct 01, 2016 at 11:11 PM.