Aug 24, 2016, 12:00 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JooVuu
For those looking for a comparison between MM and M2....MM will be far inferior as it uses a Sunplus chip compared to the M2 that uses the HiSilicom chip that is far more powerful.
Yes, the DSP chips are different in capability as you said, but if the comparison is mainly image quality, I think the Mini is actually quite close to the M2, certainly not what I would consider as being far inferior. And the CMOS imager in the Mini has some capability the M2 does not as well (e.g. larger resolution and frame rates in some modes). So it will be a case of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I would not be surprised if the much smaller size and cost of the Mini will make it more widely accepted than the M2 in the long run. Time will tell.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2016, 12:29 PM
Just say "No, it's under 250g"
I've ordered the Mini, and I am not concerned about FOV for now. (110 is fine.) However, since the original photos and samples showed the wider lens, that means there *is* a "B" lens that works (fisheye doesn't bother me). Seems like that lens (the wider one) could already be offered for sale - however, I haven't seen it yet for sale on eletoponline's page. Just sayin'....
Aug 24, 2016, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Yes, the DSP chips are different in capability as you said, but if the comparison is mainly image quality, I think the Mini is actually quite close to the M2, certainly not what I would consider as being far inferior. And the CMOS imager in the Mini has some capability the M2 does not as well (e.g. larger resolution and frame rates in some modes). So it will be a case of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I would not be surprised if the much smaller size and cost of the Mini will make it more widely accepted than the M2 in the long run. Time will tell.
hope we get a new firmware to resolve the M2 sharpness soon
Aug 24, 2016, 01:04 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
I forget... I wasn't concerned about FOV when I shot the early sampl. But if you just go to InfoPOst#2, you will see comparison still images for Lens A and B for both the largest resolution still photo and the largest resolution Video.
if you took video from same spot as stills. then video is wider version lens. you can tell by how much of the playset and small tree by the house are visible.
Aug 24, 2016, 01:11 PM
→ aRCee Moloko [YT]
Also looks to me the sample was B, but a little more precise info would be nice.
Why doesn't Eletoponline simply mention Lens-A in the actual object name on Ebay?

Also some photo's of the diffents lenses would be nice. That is if they look different from the outside..
Last edited by Justapoke; Aug 24, 2016 at 01:17 PM.
Aug 24, 2016, 01:14 PM
in the eletoponline ebay posting description,SPECIFICATIONS 1st line:
"Angle of View:FOV 110°Wide angle but with less distortion, minimum fisheyes distortion, almost same FOV as Mobius lense A."
Aug 24, 2016, 02:54 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_V939
in the eletoponline ebay posting description,SPECIFICATIONS 1st line:
"Angle of View:FOV 110°Wide angle but with less distortion, minimum fisheyes distortion, almost same FOV as Mobius lense A."
My source says all the cameras being sent now are the Lens A versions. Lens B won't be available for several weeks yet.
Aug 24, 2016, 03:02 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo
I've ordered the Mini, and I am not concerned about FOV for now. (110 is fine.) However, since the original photos and samples showed the wider lens, that means there *is* a "B" lens that works (fisheye doesn't bother me). Seems like that lens (the wider one) could already be offered for sale - however, I haven't seen it yet for sale on eletoponline's page. Just sayin'....
UUhhhh.. it does take some time after the factory is given the order to manufacture the B lens. I suspect the Mobius Mini camera is not the only customer!
Aug 24, 2016, 03:09 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
wish I had known it was available from us seller for just a few bucks more!

maybe consider reopening the other thread...and let it catch all the gibberish?

-Cause i would have gladly made this post in that thread....instead of cluttering this one up, but it was closed.
Anyone can start a new Mobius Mini Owners thread for that kind of stuff.... hint.... hint.... hint! Anyone? Anyone?

Someone did that for the M1, but any thread like that should be in this forum (aerial video) since it's the only one on this entire site having anything to do cameras used on RC models.
Aug 24, 2016, 03:23 PM
Quote:
My source says all the cameras being sent now are the Lens A versions. Lens B won't be available for several weeks yet.
This is great news, thanks for the info.
Aug 24, 2016, 03:44 PM
If it's R/C, I'm in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Thanks Tom. Let us know what you find out about the image stabilization function.
I'm also interested in this answer, but have a question... Does such IS do much for jello? I've only used very cheap cams of this type, and jello has been my biggest problem. I'm willing to buy something nicer if it can compensate for a little vibration.
Aug 25, 2016, 12:34 AM
Just another user...
Hmm... The vendor is in Hong Kong. But they won't ship to Hong Kong where I am right now.

So near. Yet so far...

Oh well, it's just a matter of time before other vendors start selling them.
Aug 25, 2016, 01:45 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingrrcg
Hmm... The vendor is in Hong Kong. But they won't ship to Hong Kong where I am right now.

So near. Yet so far...

Oh well, it's just a matter of time before other vendors start selling them.
email them! they are very easy to work with.
Aug 25, 2016, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
email them! they are very easy to work with.
Indeed, eletoponline365 have always responded very quickly to me and were always able to help.
Aug 25, 2016, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Indeed, eletoponline365 have always responded very quickly to me and were always able to help.
Same here. Great to deal with.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review

Quick Reply