Mobius Mini Support Thread (READ Posts #1-#7 BEFORE posting questions) - Page 2 - RC Groups
Aug 24, 2016, 06:56 AM
I downloaded the software but the GUI isn`t the same. Does it change if i connect the Mobius Mini?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2016, 06:59 AM
Spotty Herbert
Quote:
Originally Posted by barometer
I downloaded the software but the GUI isn`t the same. Does it change if i connect the Mobius Mini?
You won't see all the config options until you connect the camera and then click on it in the top window when it appears there.
Aug 24, 2016, 07:05 AM
Camera Reseller.
For those looking for a comparison between MM and M2....MM will be far inferior as it uses a Sunplus chip compared to the M2 that uses the HiSilicom chip that is far more powerful.
Aug 24, 2016, 07:09 AM
Thanks Tom. Let us know what you find out about the image stabilization function.
Aug 24, 2016, 07:32 AM
Spotty Herbert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JooVuu
For those looking for a comparison between MM and M2....MM will be far inferior as it uses a Sunplus chip compared to the M2 that uses the HiSilicom chip that is far more powerful.
Not quite what I was looking for, but I'm sure the mobius team will be delighted with your constant support.
Aug 24, 2016, 08:34 AM
Deleted - just realised there are 2 new cameras out and mine is a Mobius2 (not the mini), sorry!
Last edited by DSLDSL; Aug 24, 2016 at 08:40 AM. Reason: edited for lack of attention to detail
Aug 24, 2016, 09:00 AM
Adam
It can be confusing just going by the titles on the eletoponline365 ebay store. All of them have Mini in the name. I almost ordered the Mobius 1 on accident. I originally had the correct ebay item but when I went back to purchase I just searched for the mobius mini and I didn't pay as close attention to the picture I guess. I caught myself before I ordered though.

Descriptions for the cameras on the eletoponline365 ebay store:

Mobius 1:
- Mini Mobius ActionCam Wide Angle Lens C2 1080P HD Helmet Cam Camcorder 4GB Card

Mobius Mini:
- Mobius Mini Super Light FPV Full HD Pocket Camera Sports 1080P 60FPS H.264 AVC

Mobius 2:
- Mobius 2 ActionCam Mini Sports Camera DashCam 1080P 60FPS H.265 HEVC H.264 AVC
Aug 24, 2016, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barometer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucknDive
You won't see all the config options until you connect the camera and then click on it in the top window when it appears there.
As DucknDive has pointed out, mSetup works for all the cameras in the Mobius family (Mobius, M2, Mini) as well as the #16 keychain which was also developed by the Mobius team. The program currently shows the Mobius parameters if no camera is connected/selected. I will most likely change the default in the future when the M2 becomes more popular.

As soon as a camera is selected the tabs will change to show the parameters corresponding to the camera and it's firmware version.

There are currently two version of mSetup, the older version (v3.x.x.x) which doesn't support the M2 or Mini and the new version (v4.x.x.x). As soon as I have compiled the foreign resources there will only be one version. I plan to do this in the near future as soon as I've fixed a few minor issues in the latest version.

So long as Program Updates are allowed (default setting), the update from both versions to the latest version should be fully automatic and there will only be one version from then on.
Aug 24, 2016, 09:18 AM
→ aRCee Moloko [YT]
Looking at the software screencaps I notis the 2 modes selection does not have the Narrow/Wide options like the M1 has.

Will that be implementeer in the future?

Otherwise would it be possible to have the Image Stabilizer options there in the modes selection? (that is if the IS function works - as far as I know that was not clear yet)

Also the 1440P option makes me wonder.. So it's basicly a 2K camera, or is the 1440P upscaled, as it's advertised as a 1080P/60 cam?
Aug 24, 2016, 10:17 AM
"Also the 1440P option makes me wonder.. So it's basicly a 2K camera, or is the 1440P upscaled, as it's advertised as a 1080P/60 cam? "

It appears that the full sensor is at least 1920x1440 (4:3 ratio), which is cropped to 1920x1080 (16:9 HD ratio) for 1080p. Waiting for updated info on the image stabilization, but if the camera supports stabilization in 1080p, that would require a sensor wider than 1920; but perhaps stabilization is only available in 720p.
Last edited by RogerDH; Aug 24, 2016 at 10:28 AM.
Aug 24, 2016, 10:39 AM
→ aRCee Moloko [YT]
Check.. Thanks Roger!
Aug 24, 2016, 10:42 AM
Adam
Tom, Is the pre-release example video using the narrower 110 degree lens or an older lens from pre-release that might have been wider angle lens?
Aug 24, 2016, 11:33 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDH
"Also the 1440P option makes me wonder.. So it's basicly a 2K camera, or is the 1440P upscaled, as it's advertised as a 1080P/60 cam? "

It appears that the full sensor is at least 1920x1440 (4:3 ratio), which is cropped to 1920x1080 (16:9 HD ratio) for 1080p. Waiting for updated info on the image stabilization, but if the camera supports stabilization in 1080p, that would require a sensor wider than 1920; but perhaps stabilization is only available in 720p.
As noted in InfoPost #2 here, the CMOS has an active pixel array of 2688 x 1520 (nominal 16:9 aspect ratio) with 4k+ pixels. The images both video and still are now direct pixel captures off the CMOS, with one exception pending, and that is the WVGA (848x480) @ 240fps mode. That mode is using the packaged SDK low level code resolution which looks like a scaled down 720p mode FOV. The IQ is not very good in that mode, and it is likely either using pixel binning to create the WVGA image resolution, or much lower quality setting in the codec because the IQ is inferior to all the other direct pixel capture modes. The developer is look to improve that mode, perhaps by going to a direct pixel narrow FOV video if that allows the 240 fps capture rate without anydropped or corrupted frames.
Aug 24, 2016, 11:40 AM
→ aRCee Moloko [YT]
I just hope that Eletoponline shipped the actual narow lens..

Angle of View:FOV 110°Wide angle but with less distortion, minimum fisheyes distortion, almost same FOV as Mobius lense A.

Bit confusing as it states on the US seller website: Wide-Angle Lens with HFOV of 110 Degrees with minimal fisheye.

Why don't they simply mention A or B lens?

I'm gonna be when I recieve a B-lens fisheye cam!
Aug 24, 2016, 11:41 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
Tom, Is the pre-release example video using the narrower 110 degree lens or an older lens from pre-release that might have been wider angle lens?
I forget... I wasn't concerned about FOV when I shot the early sample. But if you just go to InfoPOst#2, you will see comparison still images for Lens A and B for both the largest resolution still photo and the largest resolution Video.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Aug 24, 2016 at 02:51 PM.

Quick Reply