Thread Tools
Oct 27, 2020, 02:46 PM
Registered User
Bill Glover's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumuklis
I plan to put it in a Wing Wing Z-84 plane.
Is the mobius mini long delayed in fpv mode?
I’m afraid of the chambers you mentioned because the cable bundle is on top of the camera, and if the plane overturns when landing, the cable could be damaged.
IIRC the video out latency is meant to be around 60 ms when recording 1080x60. This is more than other cameras but should be absolutely fine for general flying.

Cameras like the Runcam / Caddx / etc. can normally be mounted either way round. Certainly I have my Runcam Split with the cables exiting at the bottom, not the top.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2020, 02:59 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
ChrisJ800's Avatar
Hi all
My mini mobius has been fine for several years but now all of a sudden is giving me horizontal line interference on my FPV feed but only when its recording. Its OK when not recording. Anyone else had this or know what I can do?
Nov 02, 2020, 12:44 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800
Hi all
My mini mobius has been fine for several years but now all of a sudden is giving me horizontal line interference on my FPV feed but only when its recording. Its OK when not recording. Anyone else had this or know what I can do?
How are you powering the camera (e.g. external USB feed from ??? Does it do this all the time (e.g. during a bench test) or just while flying?
Nov 02, 2020, 04:14 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
ChrisJ800's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
How are you powering the camera (e.g. external USB feed from ??? Does it do this all the time (e.g. during a bench test) or just while flying?
I'm powering it from my flight pack in same setup I've been using for several years using the cable that came with the camera. I just swapped the antenna on the vtx and left the vtx and cam in rice for half a day and it seems OK now.

The cam and vtx have been on a seaplane recently in fresh water so maybe got a bit of moisture.

One question. Will the 808 #16 genuine usb fpv cable work with this as well as I then have a spare wiring harness.
Last edited by ChrisJ800; Nov 02, 2020 at 09:08 PM. Reason: fixed the cam in rice
Dec 24, 2020, 01:53 AM
Dinosaur
condor12's Avatar
Back here Tom!!

Just received my first new Mobius Mini V2. Trying to use the GUI (which worked well on previous Mobius 1 and 2) I can't get the Mini recognised. When connected, it comes up on the GUI as:
E Mobius capacity =7.35GB ICatchteiCatchtek SPCA63

Then a msg tells me to press the shutter button and I get:
I: Catchtek SPC A635. Unknown Camera

I'm on the current mSetup GUI

I have tried connecting with the card removed and then inserted. No change.
PS I'm a Mac man and not really savvy on my Win10.

Any idea how to get the V2 ready to receive GUI configs?
Last edited by condor12; Dec 24, 2020 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Wrong Thread
Dec 24, 2020, 03:05 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor12
Back here Tom!!

Just received my first new Mobius Mini V2. Trying to use the GUI (which worked well on previous Mobius 1 and 2) I can't get the Mini recognised. When connected, it comes up on the GUI as:
E Mobius capacity =7.35GB ICatchteiCatchtek SPCA63

Then a msg tells me to press the shutter button and I get:
I: Catchtek SPC A635. Unknown Camera

I'm on the current mSetup GUI

I have tried connecting with the card removed and then inserted. No change.
PS I'm a Mac man and not really savvy on my Win10.

Any idea how to get the V2 ready to receive GUI configs?
The Mini works fine on my W10 PC, but I get slightly different screen display info. When I'm connect to mSetup with the camera still connected in removable drive mode RED and YELLOW LEDs ON, mSetup shows same as yours:

I: Capacity=14.91GB, Free Space = 14.89GB iCatchteiCatchtek SPCA63

When I click the shutter button when prompted, I get:

1. Mobius Mini Mobius Mini ActionCam V0.92


It seems your camera's hardware is not being read correctly. Does your camera have latest FW 0.90 in it? Even so, I'd reload in a fresh copy, but you'd need to do a manual install as describe in InfoPost #3 here (I think). Also, 'd see if a different USB port on your PC and/or different USB cable might make a difference before doing the FW install.

I doubt the card is the issue since the camera should be communicating directly with the camera after clicking the shutter button. Very strange, unless the camera has changed some internal parts, or is defective, or worse, a knock-off? Or maybe see if someone you know can try to connect to their different PC as a last resort.

If it won't connect after these suggestions are tried, I guess I'd see if your vendor will send a free replacement under warranty.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Dec 24, 2020 at 03:15 AM.
Dec 24, 2020, 06:28 AM
Dinosaur
condor12's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
The Mini works fine on my W10 PC, but I get slightly different screen display info. When I'm connect to mSetup with the camera still connected in removable drive mode RED and YELLOW LEDs ON, mSetup shows same as yours:

I: Capacity=14.91GB, Free Space = 14.89GB iCatchteiCatchtek SPCA63

When I click the shutter button when prompted, I get:

1. Mobius Mini Mobius Mini ActionCam V0.92


It seems your camera's hardware is not being read correctly. Does your camera have latest FW 0.90 in it? Even so, I'd reload in a fresh copy, but you'd need to do a manual install as describe in InfoPost #3 here (I think). Also, 'd see if a different USB port on your PC and/or different USB cable might make a difference before doing the FW install.

I doubt the card is the issue since the camera should be communicating directly with the camera after clicking the shutter button. Very strange, unless the camera has changed some internal parts, or is defective, or worse, a knock-off? Or maybe see if someone you know can try to connect to their different PC as a last resort.

If it won't connect after these suggestions are tried, I guess I'd see if your vendor will send a free replacement under warranty.
Thank you, Tom. I'll run through your suggestions tomorrow. The camera is a genuine unit, but it may still have a defect. The card is out of a M1 and has worked fine. It does have FW 0.90 installed, but I'll reload manually.
Dec 24, 2020, 01:40 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor12
Thank you, Tom. I'll run through your suggestions tomorrow. The camera is a genuine unit, but it may still have a defect. The card is out of a M1 and has worked fine. It does have FW 0.90 installed, but I'll reload manually.
The Mini can pump out a video bit rate about twice that of the M1. The M1 can function OK with a CL 4 memory card, but maybe not in the Mini if it's set for the highest resolutions and frame rates. Trial and error will tell, but only when the camera is functioning properly. The card speed class shouldn't matter when connecting to mSetup if the card is recognized as a viable memory card when turned on.

I didn't ask, does the camera record video OK. Does it connect as a web cam if the card is removed and connected to your PC with a webcam program (e.g. free AmCap program)?
Dec 24, 2020, 06:25 PM
Dinosaur
condor12's Avatar
Gave up on the PC. Loaded Win10 onto my Mac and the GUI worked well. Mini now all configured and working well.
Dec 24, 2020, 09:34 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
ChrisJ800's Avatar
Oh so there is a V2 MM. What are the improvements over the V1 that I still like?
Dec 24, 2020, 10:27 PM
Dinosaur
condor12's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800
Oh so there is a V2 MM. What are the improvements over the V1 that I still like?
Not having had the mini V1, I couldn't say. Probably not much.
Dec 24, 2020, 10:58 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor12
Gave up on the PC. Loaded Win10 onto my Mac and the GUI worked well. Mini now all configured and working well.
Very strange, especially if your W10PC had all the updates installed.

Anyway, glad you have a solution.

Merry Christmas!
Last edited by Tom Frank; Dec 24, 2020 at 11:05 PM.
Dec 24, 2020, 11:07 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800
Oh so there is a V2 MM. What are the improvements over the V1 that I still like?
It's explained briefly in the Upfront InfoPost #4, I think, with a more detailed information in the linked thread post here.
Dec 25, 2020, 12:29 AM
Dinosaur
condor12's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Very strange, especially if your W10PC had all the updates installed.

Anyway, glad you have a solution.

Merry Christmas!
Thanks Tom. Remains a mystery. I'll probably sell the PC as I only used it for Windows based Stabiliser and camera GUI's. Can now do it all on the Mac.
Dec 25, 2020, 10:46 AM
Registered User
sniperdog's Avatar

Mobius mini B awful video


My videos from my new MBM2 is terrible? Flickering and a lot of noise. is the because i'm filming indoor or could it be the sd card?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools