Sukhoi SU-29MM (Gen 2) BNF Basic - RC Groups
Jul 07, 2016, 10:05 AM
Discussion

Sukhoi SU-29MM (Gen 2) BNF Basic

WOW have you guys seen this new one form HH? I am seriously thinking of preordering this one.
Sorry but, I don't know how to attach all the HH details from the site. Check it out
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2016, 11:51 AM
rocket horse and jet chicken
I'm not to the point where I can fly 3D with planes yet, but the Sukhoi is my favorite and I always fly that one in the sim. I like the Extra a lot too.

These are the links I found for it, the older ParkZone one and the newer eFlight one, but no photos of the new version;

http://www.horizonhobby.com/sukhoi-s...ator1_07072016

http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...nology-pkz8050
Jul 07, 2016, 12:06 PM
Looks good to me -
Jul 07, 2016, 12:33 PM
Still uses the 7155 servo, was hoping they'd goto the 7156. Hoping for better landing gear too?
Jul 07, 2016, 01:09 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
LOL - HH's new SU-29 page says:

"This remarkably detailed, brushless-powered recreation of World War II’s most iconic fighter......."

Perhaps that's text unwittingly copied over from a Mustang or Spitty page?

Jul 07, 2016, 01:11 PM
http://www.e-fliterc.co
m/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFL8850#home
got pic gallery here
Jul 07, 2016, 01:12 PM
I didn't read that far down, someone's getting a little sloppy with the cut and paste.
Jul 07, 2016, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
Like the old paint scheme better, but I guess they had to change it as a next gen model.
Jul 07, 2016, 07:32 PM
I may be weird (ok, I know I am ), but I just can't get excited about the V1's green paint scheme. It may be great for visibility, but I like this one much better.

Main difference I see is the programmable AS3X which also can be turned off at will.
Use AS3X on windy days and no AS3X on calm days? Sounds like it may be a plan.

And some pilots will really like programming their AS3X for their own flying style and comfort. :cool

I still have my UM Sukhoi XP and love flying it. It's a fun wind-surfer, too. Wonder if this one will be the same great performer...only larger?

Tom
Last edited by shepflyr; Jul 07, 2016 at 07:40 PM.
Jul 07, 2016, 08:45 PM
Only Panic turned on and off....not as3x.....i just looked at manual
Jul 07, 2016, 10:14 PM
I just quoted from HH's and E-flite's product page overviews: ".Adjustments to the AS3X system can be made to suit your own flying style or it can be turned off entirely. "

Maybe they posted it wrong... if that conflicts with the manual which I didn't read.

Tom
Last edited by shepflyr; Jul 07, 2016 at 10:21 PM.
Jul 07, 2016, 10:55 PM
Just saw what u posted about as3x.......went back to manual....... nothing specific about turning it off in TX........was small post about using pc and cable to make changes to RX........Would be nice if HH would give out specific ...how to ....info about turning off or on as3x for this plane.............HA.
Jul 07, 2016, 11:52 PM
Yup. On several threads pilots have been asking for a year and more that HH would make it possible (and easy ) to turn AS3X off as well as adjust it...with or without a pc and cable . I expect some day that will be possible as the technology advances.

Has the technology with this plane advanced beyond the owners' manual? Time will tell = Seeing is believing. Hope you're right!

Tom
Jul 08, 2016, 09:36 PM
Microbursts hurt.
Any other differences? On HH chat they said "minor tech. newer tweaks and upgrades. basically the improved version".

I know it was just released, just wondering what else may be different. I'm happy enough with my gen 1. But... a reason to get another plane? I have to have more to tell my wife .
Jul 09, 2016, 01:10 AM
Proud Brexit Voter
Yep, according to the Gen 2 manual, turning off the SAFE panic mode is done during binding - AS3X stays but the AR636a can be re-programmed. The four original flight modes, such as precision, are not mentioned in the Gen2 manual.