This thread is privately moderated by slowmatch, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 10, 2020, 08:04 PM
the kitty litter of rcgroups
Quote:
Originally Posted by glidermang
from the Yugoslavia (did I get that right?)
Yugoslavia hasn't existed for nearly 30 years but it can be tough to keep up with the changing world. That said, I think some people from countries that were formally part of Yugoslavia still refer to themselves as "Yugoslavian".

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2020, 08:42 PM
Sonoran Laser Art
What’s really nice about this is that F3RES is gaining popularity across the world in many countries. It’s a good thing people are designing and producing kits locally for them. We know part of the attraction is low cost and great performance. I see this continuing to grow. I just love the format and the models. From a design perspective working towards perfection is very additive. I’m sure that’s true for builders also tweaking, trimming, perfecting their setups and learning to fly them the best they can.

Throw in a brat and it doesn’t get any better.
Dec 11, 2020, 03:32 AM
Gathered some resources for the models in the list:
For some difficult to understand reason, links to FB are not allowed here, so replaced above with something equivalent.
Dec 13, 2020, 10:01 PM
renatoa:

You are the right man at the right time! Many thanks for the links.

Yours, Greg
Jan 21, 2021, 10:35 PM
Team DS Composites USA
Hey Folks for those that are interested the US F3RES National championships are occurring on August 19-20 at the AMA IAC in Muncie Indiana. Hope to see folks there!

2021 NATS THREAD
Latest blog entry: My sailplanes
Feb 24, 2021, 01:20 PM
I want to ask if a wing is made only with AG 38 from the root to the top and the size of the chord will determine the thickness of the profile how this wing will work. I chose this option because I try to make an ultra light model F3RES and I am worried about the thickness of the profile AG 35 -36-37 because of the resistance.
Lazar Arsenov
Feb 24, 2021, 04:07 PM
Duane, LSF IV
If AG38 is not too thin for structural issues at the root, it should work, but your wing won't be as efficient as if you used the airfoil series as intended. Are you planning constant chord, or tapered wing? See the Allegro-Lite as a reference design for a wing using the AG35-38 series.
Feb 24, 2021, 09:37 PM
The airfoil shape is only one parameter. Planform, twist, etc, all come into play. You can't define the airfoils until you determine all of those other parameters. That variation from AG35-38 assumes a set of flight conditions and a combination of planform and twist. If you don't match Drela's input conditions for flight conditions and parameters, you can't say that AG-35-38 is best. You have to look at the entire system, and the flight envelope it operates in.
Feb 25, 2021, 04:52 AM
Thanks to the colleagues who gave their opinions. I will not compete with the model, so I will have different parameters from F3RES, spread 2350 mm, length 1100 mm. Centroplane 750 mm. With two longitudinals from HK, 8 mm. and 6 mm. placed at 33% and 66% of the chord. Followed by two bends left and right 500 mm. with a dieder 10 degrees and two 300 mm. with a dieder 14 degrees. Chords 190 -180-140 and 110 mm. Trapezoidal wing. Weights so far, V tails 11 grams, with dimensions height 280mm. width at the root 130 mm. compensators on top of the control surfaces to unload the servo. Balsa body with carbon tube back, 30 grams without balsa nose and upper closing plate, will be placed after the installation of the servo, or total weight so far 41 g. Will be powered by a Lion battery 3.7V LC14500 -1300 Mach weighing about 30 g. I have achieved this so far, so I focused on the AG38 for the whole wing, the thinnest possible in the series. Initially I had opted for AGO4 with 6.4%, but I changed my decision in favor of AG38 with 7% thickness due to the structural elements. I drilled opinions of colleagues here in Sofia, Bulgaria, but most of them directed me to profiles from the free-flying class and more precisely Verbitsky BE50, I don't know they may have been right, but here's a topic for reflection and opinion. I'm ready with the profile templates. I hope it will be a very light and well-flying model.
Lazar Arsenov
Feb 25, 2021, 11:11 AM
Lazar, perhaps you'd have better luck starting your own thread since these designs follow some specific specifics, and your creating something outside of them.
Feb 26, 2021, 12:21 PM
Thanks Air Head, the original idea was to strictly adhere to the specific characteristics of the class, but in Bulgaria this class of models has not yet entered and is unlikely to happen soon. So I decided to increase the range for better thermal flying. Here with us classes F3J and F5J are popular and this is because the models of NAN Models the whole range are produced here in the town of Targovishte. I probably should have posted the questions in another section of the forum.
Lazar Arsenov - Bulgaria

Quick Reply