Apr 19, 2017, 04:45 PM
DronePlastics.com
Yeah, my guess would be a damaged/missing cap. If you can't diagnosis it, let me know and I'll send you a new board.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 19, 2017, 07:47 PM
Thanks! I'll give it a closer look tomorrow and follow up.
Apr 20, 2017, 07:43 PM
Hey RBeaubien I finally got around to rebuilding my alien and installing my new board that you sent me awhile ago. Im sad to report that the OSD blackout issue is now worse than ever. With every tap of the throttle OSD blacks out. With every flip or roll OSD blacks out.

It's now unflyable...........

I did not install any extra capacitors on this one as per your instructions of them not being needed.

What's the deal?
Last edited by TyroneFPV; Apr 20, 2017 at 08:28 PM.
Apr 20, 2017, 07:49 PM
DronePlastics.com
Just a defective board. PM me your order information and address and I will get a new board out to you.
Apr 20, 2017, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeaubien
Just a defective board. PM me your order information and address and I will get a new board out to you.
PM sent
Apr 20, 2017, 08:50 PM
Yup I'm still having the same exact issue as TyroneFPV to a T.

Checked integrity of all soldered wiring. No missing caps. Voltages check out. Hrmmmm....
Apr 21, 2017, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeaubien
I might be getting some more PDB only boards in, working on that now.

I don't really understand your issue with registering to be notified. How are you to be notified if I don't know how to contact you? Anyways, that is the only option offered by the software for notifications.
Please do! I'd like to get a couple. I broke down and registered to get the notification.

re: registration, typically an online store only required an email for notification, not a full registration with password. But your business, your rules.