Jul 04, 2019, 05:31 AM
RC Surf
ive flown LED lit planes for a few years , had to modify my LED's
Colorado UFO Sighting - HobbyKing Night Walrus LED mod (5 min 37 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2019, 09:31 AM
Night Walrus vs. Night Radian?

(Sorry, that must get asked a lot....)
Aug 18, 2019, 11:04 PM
Master Destroyer of foam
Night walrus. I dont own the night radian but I own a radian and the walrus is by far the better plane. Just my .02 worth but then again we are in the night walrus thread so...
Aug 19, 2019, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbonez5670
Night walrus. I dont own the night radian but I own a radian and the walrus is by far the better plane. Just my .02 worth but then again we are in the night walrus thread so...
I'm glad to hear that. I've got about six flights on my new Night Walrus and was having a bit of buyer's remorse wondering if the Radian flies better. It's not bad, I just expected it to glide a little better than it does for me. I haven't really had any lift to play with, and I'm just getting started with it.

I saw the Wingnut Tech light controller for the Radian and thought that looked really interesting too.

For anyone buying the Walrus, I will say to not give up on getting the wires stuffed back into the fuselage. I was just patient and finally got them mostly out of the way of the battery and servos. My only real issue has been the cockpit coming off in flight a couple of times. I didn't seem to keep it from flying though and I was able to land easily and put it back on. I need to look at how the magnets line up I guess.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the Walrus and I am getting some really smooth landings out of it, so that's fun.
Aug 20, 2019, 02:51 AM
What's the biggest battery that can fit? I seem to have read that even a 2200 3S is a bit tight?

Also, how well can this plane be broken down and transported - preferably in its own box?
Aug 20, 2019, 11:11 AM
2200 is tight but fine, once i flipped my servo arms it slips in no problem. its not a great plane to break down, i would not want to pull the wings of routinely based on how they attached and the space to deal with the servo cables and i don't think it would ever go back into the box once you glue the vertical and horizontal stabs onto the fuse. the box was quite small for the final model size.
Aug 21, 2019, 12:45 AM
OK, thanks..

Maybe on a %20 sale then...

Or maybe I should just put an LED kit on my Easystar II ha ha...

Quick Reply