SpadFlyer still around? - RC Groups
Jul 05, 2016, 11:34 AM
Discussion

SpadFlyer still around?

Guys;

Has any one found an address or website, and kind of contact data, for SpadFlyer? I have some friends who want to buy SpadFlyer kits. Thanks; Ernie P.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2016, 11:24 AM

Address

I don't know if they still are in business but the last one I got from them had and address of 4105 Madison Street, Elk Horn IA 51531 I know the man who was making them retired and gave the business to the sons and they made the last one I got so I don't know if they kept the business up or not.

If you find out they are still doing the planes let me know I would like to get more of them myself. Fun planes to fly.

Tom Leonard
tleonard93@yahoo.com
Aug 12, 2016, 01:31 PM
Tom;

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out and let you know if I find anything worthwhile. Thanks; Ernie P.
Apr 10, 2017, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel 01
I don't know if they still are in business but the last one I got from them had and address of 4105 Madison Street, Elk Horn IA 51531 I know the man who was making them retired and gave the business to the sons and they made the last one I got so I don't know if they kept the business up or not.

If you find out they are still doing the planes let me know I would like to get more of them myself. Fun planes to fly.

Tom Leonard
tleonard93@yahoo.com
Guys;

I finally managed to contact Ed Sorrels. Yes, he's retired and living in, I think, California now. It seems the problem with his business model was that no one ever needed to buy a second plane. The planes are so tough and durable you never need a replacement. Pity; they were very good flying aircraft and the kits he made were very reasonable. After six or seven years, I still fly mine routinely; mainly when the wind is bad or in fun fly's, when crashes are common. Thanks; Ernie P.
Jul 24, 2017, 11:39 AM
I smashed mine! I would of bought another but inbstaed I bought some gutter pipe and I am making my own. I would of paid him gladly