Avois Zazzy - RC Groups
Jul 03, 2016, 04:02 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
New Product

Avois Zazzy

Looks like AVIOS is about to launch a new plane!!
The ZAZZY!!
Looks like it was on display at the HobbyKing English Show.

Avios Zazzy - HobbyKing Announcement Daily (3 min 15 sec)

Coming Soon .....http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_P_P_.html

Quote:
The Avios Zazzy is everything you want from a sports model and more. It's tough, looks fantastic, flies great and will perform every acrobatic trick in the book!

The Zazzy is a true sport aerobatic model intended to be a pilot’s first introduction to a low wing model and what an awesome way to start!  
With a large tapered wing, combined with a long and generously sized tail, the Zazzy's flight characteristics are docile enough for newer pilots, while still agile enough to keep even veteran sports pilots on their toes.
The key feature of the Zazzy is the hollow molded LiteCore wings which drastically reduces the model’s all up weight.  It's all bolt together construction means you can be flying your Zazzy within as little as 20 minutes from the time you open the box. 
Assembly time at the field is also drastically cut down thanks to the inclusion of the no hands PCB connectors at the wing roots, so no more fussing around with aileron servo extensions. 
The Zazzy is plug and play, with quality electronics fitted throughout the model including all digital metal geared servos.  An Aerostar 2820 motor paired with a 50A Aerostar speed control, pushes a 12x6 carbon fiber propeller in a combination that provides this model with vertical punching power to burn.
A carbon fiber wing joining spar, easy access hatch, cushioned plywood battery tray and durable aluminum landing gear speaks volumes for the overall quality of the design and rounds out the Zazzy into a fantastic model aircraft that is every inch an RC pilots dream sport plane. 

The Zazzy will become your “go-to” model, with its ease to transport, quick and no fuss setup and absolutely great flight characteristics.

Features:

• Precision Sport aerobatic model

• Great first low wing model

• LiteCore construction

• Quality digital metal gear servos and electronics

• Beautiful slick finish

• Easy to transport

• PCB wing connectors make reassembly a breeze at the field  
Specs:

Wingspan: 1300mm (51.7")
Flying Weight: 1950g (with 4 cell)

Servos: 4 x 9g (digital metal geared)

Motor: Aerostar 2820 900KV outrunner

ESC: Aerostar 50A

Prop: Aerostar Carbon Fiber 12x6
Required: (Not Included)
4 - 6 channel Radio control system
4S 40-65C 3000-4000mAh
LURCH
Last edited by taz101; Jul 15, 2016 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Update first post.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2016, 06:18 AM
Pro at parking planes in trees
Got some photos too including the battery compartment.
Jul 04, 2016, 10:43 AM
There was a little sneak peak in one of the weekly updates...
Jul 06, 2016, 12:55 AM
Balsa Builder
With some throttle management I am getting over 10 minutes sport pattern on my test model with plenty left over in the tank. Inverted takes little effort, knife edge has no roll coupling, but keep the speed up when doing so. Spin recovery is good. This is the sport plane for the common man who doesn't want a twitchy 3D plane. With flaperons she comes in relatively slowly, good for shorter fields.

You'll be saying, isn't it....Zazzy.
Jul 06, 2016, 01:07 PM
I hate this place. *sighs while adding another plane to wishlist*
Jul 08, 2016, 05:31 PM
Oh....

Maidened this one tonight, will be flying at the HK Live EU Fly In...
It really is a good sports aerobatics model, think this one will be popular!
Jul 08, 2016, 06:18 PM
This is exactly the type of plane that I like, but I won't be an early adopter based upon Avios' previous history with quality control, etc. let's wait and see how others like it first.

What is the wing span and battery specs?
Jul 08, 2016, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
This is exactly the type of plane that I like, but I won't be an early adopter based upon Avios' previous history with quality control, etc. let's wait and see how others like it first.

What is the wing span and battery specs?
1300mm, 4s 3300 with min 40c.
Jul 10, 2016, 04:50 PM
Had some fun today...
Jul 13, 2016, 12:20 PM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Its up on the 'Coming Soon' page at HK!!
Here......http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_P_P_.html

LURCH
Jul 13, 2016, 03:58 PM
Balsa Builder
For the Portland (Oregon) area guys, I'll be flying my Zazzy at the Fly-A-Ways club picnic this weekend.
Jul 14, 2016, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Susbauer
With some throttle management I am getting over 10 minutes sport pattern on my test model with plenty left over in the tank. Inverted takes little effort, knife edge has no roll coupling, but keep the speed up when doing so. Spin recovery is good. This is the sport plane for the common man who doesn't want a twitchy 3D plane. With flaperons she comes in relatively slowly, good for shorter fields.

You'll be saying, isn't it....Zazzy.
( wasn't suppose to pm you )

Paul I know you left hobbyking ? Are you still having some input into the Avios range ?? Or is Stuart just treating you 😉
Jul 14, 2016, 07:28 AM
Former Durafly Brand Manager
This really is Paul's baby, I just got custody after he left and then help young Zazzy through its teenage year He has in fact just recently finished the manual for me and very good it is too (thanks Paul).

Yes indeed, the future is looking bright for Avios.

S.
Last edited by Stuart Warne; Jul 16, 2016 at 03:38 PM.
Aug 03, 2016, 02:25 PM
Giant Scale 3D
Chasing the Hobbyking (Avios) Zazzy! // Spider Mini Hex (FPV) (2 min 54 sec)
Aug 03, 2016, 04:18 PM
DFS#000178
That looks incredible. It doesn't even look like a foamy. The whole design and the graphics really look great!

Now bring on the Avois Beech 18 please.