Jul 06, 2016, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong911

Wonder if it will slope? If they keep the weight down it might work.
Think it was seen af few seconds on a HK daily vid a few months ago, test flying on that slope mountain in china where they often go to. It did not have decals that time, but I'm pretty sure that it was the Excaliber.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2016, 03:48 AM
Aircraft Development Hobbyking
Good eye

S.
Latest blog entry: My Channel
Jul 06, 2016, 05:31 AM
if it slopes I WANNT IT
Jul 06, 2016, 08:09 AM
Taranis Tyro...
Thread OP
Quote:
I think the forward sweep is an optical illusion. Spar placement would be a nightmare. On a foamie no less.

I would bet on 4s power train as its being billed as a warmliner.

Wonder if it will slope? If they keep the weight down it might work.
Spar placement is not an issue with a FSW - you just need a moulded in joiner box or similar in the wing root. And yes, this should be a good slope soarer though I would not worry about weight too much - it won't be a floater and will probably have a fairly thick wing compared to a dedicated composite sloper, but given that a bit of weight will be your friend when getting it to penetrate in higher winds.
Jul 06, 2016, 10:47 PM

Hobbyking Durafly Excalibur warmliner

I'm just imagining a spar centered in the middle of the root (say) and extending out to the approximate middle spanwise and fore and aft on a straight wing. On a forward swept wing, the locations of the spar at the root and at the end of the spar are going to be in way different spots along the chord. Different from straight wings and just hard for me to get my head around.

I have a 20-30 mph slope with a rocky landing zone that cries out for a stiff, high performance foamie.

Wouldn't mind a flap option either.

--Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jul 07, 2016, 05:28 AM
This is one Gorgeous Plane!!
Jul 08, 2016, 07:23 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Thread OP
More footage starting at ~7m20 in this weeks update - confirmation it takes a 4S 2200...

Weekly Update Ep. 20 2016 - HobbyKing Live (9 min 26 sec)
Jul 08, 2016, 07:52 PM
Thanks Matt, didn't know it was there.

This is more redundant pictures. ..
Last edited by G-LO; Jul 08, 2016 at 08:22 PM.
Jul 09, 2016, 09:34 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
This V-tail is mine!! Keep your beady eyes off her!! lol.... well done HK,.. beautiful bird
I have 2x 2200 4s Graphenes ready to burn...
Jul 10, 2016, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
This V-tail is mine!! Keep your beady eyes off her!! lol.... well done HK,.. beautiful bird
I have 2x 2200 4s Graphenes ready to burn...
Oi I was here first

Daz
Jul 11, 2016, 07:46 AM
Taranis Tyro...
Thread OP
Quote:
I'm just imagining a spar centered in the middle of the root (say) and extending out to the approximate middle spanwise and fore and aft on a straight wing. On a forward swept wing, the locations of the spar at the root and at the end of the spar are going to be in way different spots along the chord. Different from straight wings and just hard for me to get my head around.
Understood, but I can't see there being a one piece straight spar on this - it will probably have one (or a set of) spars per wing, and those spars will be joined in the middle by some kind of angled joiner to allow the FS that will presumably be moulded into the form at manufacture. That means that the spars will be able to travel out along the wing at the same % chord point all the way as they would on a straight wing, with nothing poking out above or below the wing surface at the root.
Last edited by MattyB; Feb 24, 2019 at 05:09 PM.
Jul 11, 2016, 08:50 AM
Aircraft Development Hobbyking
The spars are one piece on the Excalibur and there are two, one fore, one aft. There are additional torsional spars in each wing panel. Its pretty much bullet proof

S.
Latest blog entry: My Channel
Jul 11, 2016, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the info Stuart !

Now go to sleep your in Australia now

Daz
Jul 11, 2016, 02:27 PM
Can't wait to get it...love it!
Jul 11, 2016, 06:25 PM
Right around how much we're talking about, Stuart...

Quick Reply