This thread is privately moderated by Larrikin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 01, 2016, 04:30 AM
Everything's A Compromise
Thread OP
Build Log

The Larrikin "Legato" DS cruiser

While I'm focused on getting a Rubicon or 2 going, I still get pumped about utilizing the Larrikin wing moulds to make a DS cruiser.

With 3 meters of DD92-8416 (RG14), a 'T' tail and using the TLAR design principles, I reckon it'd be a sweet model.

The wing is proven. It's vice-less. It handles like a dream.
I know it'll never get a top speed for the day while there's a Deepend or a Kinetic on the hill. But there's something about the presence of a 3m model ripping up the DS circuit.

Anyway, just ramblings at the moment. I wanted to get dibs on the Legato name.

British Dictionary definitions for legato

/lɪˈɡɑːtəʊ/
adjective, adverb

to be performed smoothly and connectedly
noun (pl) -tos
a style of playing in which no perceptible gaps are left between notes

It seems fitting, don't you think? A smooth, connected sound.

D.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2016, 05:01 AM
sleep hard
Dave,

I happened across this thread just after you posted it and subscribed immediately! Tonight I thought I should drop a post in here and say that in my opinion, this is a most excellent idea! Love the name, and the concept.

Proceed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jul 02, 2016, 09:53 PM
Auzzie built planks
Yeehhhoooooowwwww. About time , As I've mentioned before I'm a big fan of it and if there was a possibility to put the moulds together on a frame work and make a once piece wing would be very simple quick build also due to the fact it will most likely only get flow locally it would still easy fit down the centre of almost any car. performance wise....... Remember the old 14 has done 340 mph or something and is quite efficient up to 250-300 which suits our type of air.
Think of my NYX and it's airfoil ain't to much different than a 14 and yet instantly goes to 180+ and I have to back off. A solid legato that you could fly full limit would be epic and awesome fun for 250mph acro
Latest blog entry: More colours
Jul 03, 2016, 04:27 AM
Thread OP
I'm hearing ya bout the 1 piece wing, Tim.

Initially, my plan is to build one with the original 3 piece wing and use the Sniper joiner bar mould to make a pair of joiners for it.

New fuse and tailplane moulds should come together relatively quickly if I stick to simple, proven build methods.

D.
Jul 08, 2016, 04:11 AM
C'mon more Energy
Good luck. Hope to see one on a local hill one day.
Jul 13, 2016, 10:50 AM
working to the closest cm
Subscibed.

Love the name... smoooooth

@vx99 Love the Avitar. If its windy enough to go sailing -- how do you get time to fly?
Jul 14, 2016, 05:06 AM
There is only DS
I've been waiting for this for a while now. Awesome.
can't wait to see this one in the air.

GET R DONE
Jul 14, 2016, 07:21 PM
sleep hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirvin_4505
Subscibed.

Love the name... smoooooth

@vx99 Love the Avitar. If its windy enough to go sailing -- how do you get time to fly?
Sorry about the OT, but maybe there are a couple of other windsurf types around? Unfortunately, my gear is mostly busy gathering dust in the shed post kids. Got out on it only once last summer.....the upside is that the predominate wind in summer is from a direction that there aren't any "good" slopes within coee.....so you don't miss out on sloping when you go sailing. Just gotta get out sailing!

Back to the Legato.......
Jul 19, 2016, 06:07 PM
UAS Test Pilot
Looking forward to this.
Jul 19, 2016, 09:02 PM
Thread OP
Let's not too excited, fellas.

As i said in the IP, "just ramblings at the moment. I wanted to get dibs on the Legato name".

I want to build, at minimum, 2 Rubicons. We all know how silly it is to DSing with only one model. And these are built in my "spare" time ... pffft ... yeah right

But it's still an exciting project though.

D.

Quick Reply