Jun 30, 2016, 11:28 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Twisted Hobby's 32" Crack Yak or E-Flite UMX AS3Xtra

Which one? Been wanting to get a 3d plane for awhile and don't which one to get. I finally narrowed it down to these two but can't decide. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance, JD
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2016, 11:38 AM
TEAM TWISTED!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassin02
Which one? Been wanting to get a 3d plane for awhile and don't which one to get. I finally narrowed it down to these two but can't decide. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance, JD
I'd definitely go with the crack yak, it will handle a breeze a lot better, it has more power, and it's crazy durable.The As3xtra isn't a bad model but it has a brushed motor that will wear out fast. It's also not very durable where as the crack yak can take a beating very well.
Jun 30, 2016, 11:41 AM
Thread OP
I was leaning towards the crack yak and now I'm REALLY leaning towards the crack yak lol. I like the look of it too. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the price but I'm sure it'll be worth it. JD
Jun 30, 2016, 11:46 AM
TEAM TWISTED!
Quote:
I was leaning towards the crack yak and now I'm REALLY leaning towards the crack yak lol. I like the look of it too. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the price but I'm sure it'll be worth it. JD
Trust me, well worth the price, you will love it! TwistedHobbys planes are an absolute blast to fly.
Jun 30, 2016, 12:06 PM
asxtra is fun no doubt, but it's single cell umx and fragile. Crack yak will deliver the goods with more power and better fun factor. Go crack don't look back.
Jun 30, 2016, 12:12 PM
Thread OP
What electronics did you guys put in your crack yaks? Is there like a crack yak "owners thread" that I could refer to? Thanks folks, JD
Jun 30, 2016, 03:52 PM
TEAM TWISTED!
Quote:
What electronics did you guys put in your crack yaks? Is there like a crack yak "owners thread" that I could refer to? Thanks folks, JD
Below is a link to the 32" crack yak build thread and discussion

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1578833

I run theTwistedHobbys Combo's in my TH planes, they are nice because they come with everything minus the rx and battery, everything is already soldered up. I will put a link to the optional combo's below. Hope this helps!

http://www.twistedhobbys.com/Power-C...32-TMW-TWS.htm

http://www.twistedhobbys.com/Power-C...-30-32-DMG.htm

Also take note that the above links are to the Standard series power combo which is for the standard Crack Yak, TwistedHobbys offers a Standard, Lite, and Superlite version. If you wish to get a lite or Superlite I can give you the links to those power combos as well.
Last edited by Ethan Ater; Jun 30, 2016 at 03:58 PM.
Jun 30, 2016, 04:01 PM
Thread OP
I have a FlySky FS-R6B 6ch receiver and 9g servos. Is that too heavy?
Jun 30, 2016, 04:06 PM
TEAM TWISTED!
Quote:
I have a FlySky FS-R6B 6ch receiver and 9g servos. Is that too heavy?
Nope that should be fine
Jun 30, 2016, 04:10 PM
Thread OP
Sweet lol. Im going to also get a Turnigy park 250 with a hobbyking 10A esc to go along with the servos. I cant wait to start building this plane!
Jun 30, 2016, 04:24 PM
TEAM TWISTED!
Quote:
Sweet lol. Im going to also get a Turnigy park 250 with a hobbyking 10A esc to go along with the servos. I cant wait to start building this plane!
Awesome! Make sure to get a tube or two of welder's or foam-tac! Best glue to use in the build.
Jun 30, 2016, 04:28 PM
Thread OP
Does JB Weld work good?
Jun 30, 2016, 05:08 PM
Thread OP
Would it be worth paying the extra $6 to get the "lite" version or should I just get the normal version?
Jun 30, 2016, 05:31 PM
TEAM TWISTED!
Quote:
Does JB Weld work good?
Welder's is a contact adhesive, if JB Weld is similar to that it should work.
Jun 30, 2016, 05:33 PM
TEAM TWISTED!
Quote:
Would it be worth paying the extra $6 to get the "lite" version or should I just get the normal version?
Can't go wrong with either one, I like the lite series planes but that's just my opinion.

Quick Reply