Planning to Buy The Spektrum Focal FPV Wireless Headset (Read This) - RC Groups
Jun 28, 2016, 03:42 PM
Discussion

Planning to Buy The Spektrum Focal FPV Wireless Headset (Read This)

If you planning on buying Spektrum Focal SPMVR2500 please read this thread:

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....-Module/page33

The Spektrum Focal goggles does not have the updated diversity module, and it seems like Spektrum doesn´t care to fix the problem, my brother has sent them alot of emails and also write on their Facebook page but they NEVER answer.

The diversity module in the Focals is the FSV2444 and the new fixed one is the FSV2445

Fatshark themselfs are replacing all the faulty FSV2444 to all customers for free but Spektrum dont do anything.

Anyone else who have bought the Focals?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2016, 10:07 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
dont buy it,
wait till its fixed!
Jun 28, 2016, 10:27 PM
That doesn't sound like the arrangement I made with them; I will be supplying them with stock of the updated receiver as well. They didn't get the first replacements that I sent out this week but they will be getting them. Probably the information hasn't trickled down to their front end people.
Fat Shark
Jun 29, 2016, 04:55 AM
"cheap, small, lightweight"
Spektrum ... not caring for and not fixing their flawed products. Same as with their surface radio systems.
Jun 29, 2016, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodizio
Spektrum ... not caring for and not fixing their flawed products. Same as with their surface radio systems.
Thats correct, their Surface receivers has suffered of "Brown outs" for as long as i can remember and they never fix that problem
Jun 29, 2016, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark
That doesn't sound like the arrangement I made with them; I will be supplying them with stock of the updated receiver as well. They didn't get the first replacements that I sent out this week but they will be getting them. Probably the information hasn't trickled down to their front end people.
Fat Shark
Ok thanks for letting us know that, hope Spektrum cares about their customers and let us know that replacement is on the way.
Jul 02, 2016, 07:04 AM
Spektrum is recalling all Focal goggles:
http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/news/f...all/index.html
Jul 02, 2016, 03:57 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
^
hahaha....

they should recall the MantaFPV wing plane also,
they produced a video that 'bobbles' up and down like crazy!
....and their ad says, "smooth and fast" FPV wing...lol
Aug 09, 2016, 09:06 AM
Sorry to drag this thread back up.

Lets say someone had these goggles but never sent them back. The recall says they can auto bind to a Spektrum rx and take control of channels 6&7.

So does this mean there is a TX somewhere in the goggles?
If so could you not open them up and cut/remove this function?
Would it be your own rx they took control of or could it be anyone's?