Aug 17, 2017, 08:58 AM
Aussie freezing in Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregco10
Cg is try 5mm behind the wing break to start, then work from there where its best for you.
thx mate
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2017, 03:40 PM
Just to be sure there has been confusion in the past on this model. The wing break is where the main wing meets the swept front delta part. Or just behind the rear of the hatch. I'm sorry, looking back on my response it wasnt clear to me.
Nov 23, 2017, 10:09 PM
Yesterday i had the maiden of my Prime Jet Pro, using a light motor setup.

Specifications see at the description on the You Tube Video.

Hobbyking Prime Jet Pro - Maidenflight (3 min 19 sec)
Jun 12, 2018, 01:24 PM
Thickness of the main wing and CF tube, please?
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; Jun 12, 2018 at 03:04 PM.
Jun 30, 2018, 07:55 PM
Dry weight of the Prime Jet fuselage 120g with three 3x3mm carbon rods in the main wing instead of the included single one. Mostly glued with UHU Por. For the carbon rods I have used Soudal PU-glue.
Jun 30, 2018, 09:13 PM
Think that I'll be checking this out as well as the original 2010 thread on RCG.

Got a reference to this from the RCAAA group on Facebook.
Jul 02, 2018, 05:53 AM
Dry weight of the fuselage in stock config with the included 4mm round tube is 111g.

Glued together with UHU Por. I have inserted the main spar in the wing with a rotary tool. Glued in with Soudal PU-glue.

I will use a light set up depending on the batt from 200g to 250g AUW.

One of the 2211 motors with 1300kv, 1700kv or 2300kv. ESC Plusch 10amp. Battery 3s 450mah or 1000mah. Should be able to carry a bigger batt too. With long flight times for FPV.
I guess HXT500 servos will work.

http://www.drivecalc.de/
Drivecalc says most efficient props with this motors are GWS.

The material doesnt look like EPP like with a Teksumo. The sheets are very bendable. I think this is a very durable, easy to repair plane.

With higher speed there are some repurts about wing flutter. But for my first experiences with FPV in mid speed it should be good.
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; Jul 02, 2018 at 06:48 AM.
Jul 03, 2018, 11:50 AM
The material doesnt look like EPP like with a Teksumo. The sheets are very bendable. I think this is a very durable, easy to repair plane.

With higher speed there are some repurts about wing flutter. But for my first experiences with FPV in mid speed it should be good.[/QUOTE]

This is a tough plane and would be great for fpv, do yourself a favor and reinforce the hinges, they are pretty thin. Mine started to spilt during a couple of rough landings while trimming the cg. Medium speeds and light weight are good for this one.
Jul 03, 2018, 12:05 PM
Yes, I am using hinge tape from top and bottom of the elevons. AUW is 210g. Will be a little bit more after adding a light VTx and a cam.

I think there are no real hinges on this plane. It is more to keep the controlsurfaces levvelled and straight for adding hinges.
Jul 03, 2018, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer
Yes, I am using hinge tape from top and bottom of the elevons. AUW is 210g. Will be a little bit more after adding a light VTx and a cam.

I think there are no real hinges on this plane. It is more to keep the controlsurfaces levvelled and straight for adding hinges.
Thats a very light weight for this (210g). And good point on the hinges
Nov 29, 2018, 11:25 AM
Just a thought, has any one tried putting a kfm2 step on the wing of this little jet for a bit of airfoil and lift, got one on its way may give it a go
Nov 29, 2018, 07:57 PM
It can't hurt anything, making it stiffer is good, unfortunately you wind up covering the spiffy paint if you put the step on top. It would probably work well with a kf1 step on the bottom as well.
Nov 30, 2018, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregco10
It can't hurt anything, making it stiffer is good, unfortunately you wind up covering the spiffy paint if you put the step on top. It would probably work well with a kf1 step on the bottom as well.
May as well try kf1 underside, i just happen to have a spare wing set cut from depron so ideal to use this for step
Apr 12, 2019, 05:21 PM
Name: 20190319_134009_HDR.jpg
Views: 1
Size: 3.34 MB
Description:

Name: 20190319_133955_HDR.jpg
Size: 3.97 MB
Description:

Name: 20190319_133939.jpg
Size: 4.47 MB
Description:

So I have long since taken this apart. Got bored one evening and doubled the wing with 1/4 inch pink foam. The goal is an fpv plane. 1300mah 3s, 2208 1800kv, 6x4, 200watt video transmitter, runcam 2 as the recording camera and fpv camera. There seems to be minimal lag as far as I can tell. The project isn't exactly on the fast track to completion but maybe by the end of the flying season I will post results. I think this will be a good fpv platform because of the tough foam, and the planes nice pitch stability.

Quick Reply