Hobbyking Prime Jet Pro - Glue-N-Go Series Foam Board Kit

HobbyKing just came out with a new foam board pusher jet called the Prime Jet Pro...

Splash

New Glue-N-Go Series

HobbyKing just came out with a new foam board pusher jet called the Prime Jet Pro. It's introducing something they call the Glue-N-Go series so we can assume we'll see more models like this in the future. It's made from CNC cut foam board and has carbon fiber support rods that should make it easy to glue together and add your own power system and radio gear. The plane looks pretty cool and there are two color schemes to choose from. The wingspan is 22" and you can fit a 2208 up to a 2216 motor with a 3S 1300-2200 Lipo and swing a 5" prop. Match the ESC to your motor choice and install two 9g servos and you are ready to tear up the skies. The kit runs $20.40 and is in stock right now.

Check out the Hobbyking Prime Jet Pro here.

Jun 28, 2016, 02:01 PM
thats pretty neat/cheap
Jun 28, 2016, 02:38 PM
Don't forget to mention the original designers...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1304036
Jun 28, 2016, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmondBark
Don't forget to mention the original designers...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1304036
Many thanks to them!
Jun 29, 2016, 03:06 PM
killickb
Did Scott license his design to HK or are they, once again, profiting from someone elses design efforts ?
Jul 01, 2016, 07:21 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Is this purely foam or does it have a paper covering like the dollar tree it's based off of? And yeah I'm really curious if this has been done with proper credit or if this has been "borrowed" from the original designer without acknowledgement?

edit:
Apparently there is at least dialogue going between HK and the 3 designers who jointly have developed the design and it's moving in a positive direction.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1400
Last edited by BrownEyedFool; Jul 01, 2016 at 09:02 AM.
Jul 01, 2016, 08:58 AM
MotionRC Europe
We have an agreement with the original designer now, and we are having a blast with them too as you can see from about the 3min mark below

Weekly Update Ep 19 HobbyKing Live (5 min 38 sec)

S.
Jul 01, 2016, 09:49 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Thanks for the response Stuart, that's good information, a lot of RCG users have a lot of respect for the scratchbuild foamie designers and don't want to see them harmed.

Slightly OT but the Tuff Trainer needs bigger wheels

The foam of the Prime Jet Pro, what is it covered with? And how durable or paintable is it?
Jul 01, 2016, 06:03 PM
Very nice . Will buy!!
Jul 01, 2016, 06:29 PM
DFS#000178
Gonna buy at least 3 of these. One for me and 2 for guys at the field.

These are going to be incredibly fun! Not to mention super cheap to get flying. I have a handful of 2208s sitting around.
Jul 01, 2016, 09:03 PM
(TechDad) Bob Templeton
I've got one on its way. I hope to make it a speed demon.
Latest blog entry: Having Fun!!!
Jul 03, 2016, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3chDad
Hey Tech, back in the day my buddy and I built your X-41 design, frikin coolest bird I ever built. Will be watching to see what modifications you make to this bird.

Just curious, any association with the HK design? If not they should at least acknowledge that you put this design on the map!

Dennis
Jul 03, 2016, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3chDad
Its to floppy to be a speed plane.
Jul 03, 2016, 02:45 PM
(TechDad) Bob Templeton
Quote:
Originally Posted by DForbes
Hey Tech, back in the day my buddy and I built your X-41 design, frikin coolest bird I ever built. Will be watching to see what modifications you make to this bird.

Just curious, any association with the HK design? If not they should at least acknowledge that you put this design on the map!

Dennis
No association. I'm glad you love the Deltastorm. Thank you, but I don't feel like I put the design on the map. The Deltastorm is different IMO. This is more of a direct clone of the same name Prime Jet8 which was based off of the Multiplex Funjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_RattleSnake
Its to floppy to be a speed plane.
What makes you say that? I don't think so...but we'll see soon. If anything, it'll just need another CF spar. Oh....and....challenge accepted!
Latest blog entry: Having Fun!!!
Jul 03, 2016, 06:27 PM
OhItsTarik
Wait.. so can hobbyking just steal designs like that?

or did the original designers sell them the idea?

Quick Reply