Oct 01, 2016, 07:44 PM
Nice!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2016, 05:32 PM
Scott
Looky what Leo sent me!
The sharp eyed among you will notice a few things. It is not a pattern plane, and the wings are missing in the photos.

Ballistic Aircraft Company makes more than pattern planes, and everything Leo makes is done with the same high standards. This thing is standard Leo Flawless.

The wing is another story. Anyone that flew Formula 1 pylon racers will remember a few things
LOUD
Fast
Lands like a brick.

This is going to be a fast sport plane, so I am going to have Leo make me a custom wing. The area will increase from 450 to 525 or so, and possibly some more tip thickness. As soon as I decide what I want, Leo will cut the wing.

He is not afraid to make custom components if that is what you want.
Once I clear off my workbench construction will commence.

Thanks for the great plane Leo.

Scott
Oct 02, 2016, 10:33 PM
Just say no to quadcopters
I like that!!!
What are you powering it with?
Oct 03, 2016, 09:58 AM
Scott
I have 2 rear exhaust Dub Jett engines, a 40 and a 50. One of them will end up in it with a carbon fiber full length pipe. I have 3 builds ahead of it, so it may be a while.
Oct 03, 2016, 11:06 AM
Real men build more than one airplane at a time.
Oct 03, 2016, 11:10 AM
Scott
I am building 2 at the same time, but thanks for asking.........
Oct 03, 2016, 12:59 PM
How is the Cap coming? I spent the weekend painting the wings of that pattern airplane I brought up.
Oct 03, 2016, 01:07 PM
Scott
The Cap is #3 after I finish the 2 I am working on now.
Oct 03, 2016, 01:21 PM
Ok got me beat. I'm only working on three until I break out Macchi molds
Oct 03, 2016, 01:34 PM
Scott
If you did a little less talking and a little more working you could catch up to me.......
Oct 03, 2016, 03:34 PM
I'm not talking, I'm typing......... Besides what I do at work while on breaks is my business. LOL.
Oct 04, 2016, 01:54 PM
www.rcmissouri.com
Scott,

Let me know when you have the wing design finalized. I like your idea of making a Little Toni out of carbon fiber.

Leo
Ballistic Aircraft Co, LLC.
Oct 04, 2016, 10:33 PM

T2a

Leo, you're killing me Buddy. . . . . .

First I see your EU1A kits and now I see you have a T2A. I have always loved the lines of the T2A from my early days back in the Classic Pattern Forum on RCU. I had the chance to buy the one Airbus driver had for sale back then, but I let it pass like a dummy. I will not make that mistake again. I just need to get off my hind parts and get building the planes I have so I can get one and build it.

I'd like to add my thanks to you for helping keep these classics alive and available for the rest of us to enjoy. I'm sure it's more a labor of love than it is a money maker for you. From the little I've seen, the pleasure you get in making them shows in the quality of your kits.

David
Oct 05, 2016, 03:27 PM
www.rcmissouri.com
David,

Thank you for taking time to post. It's been about a two year process trying different epoxy resins, primers, fiberglass cloth and learning the proper way to use all of these to produce a great product. I can't tell you how many fuselages I have run through my band saw.

Making these classic and (soon) the 2 meter designs is a passion of mine. There is very little profit in it at the end since I spend the time required to make them right. The old saying " you get what you pay for" is so true.

I have been very fortunate to have a true master craftsman and now a good friend that was willing to teach me how to do it right. He is going to teach me vacuum bagging next. It should be fun. Someday I would like to pass this along to another person that shares the same passion.

Visitors are always welcome with advance notice. Watch for updates on my site soon.

Leo
Ballistic Aircraft Co, LLC
Oct 05, 2016, 05:01 PM
The bagging will take you to the next level with regards to consistency. It sucks most of the extra resin out into the peel ply and breather cloth which will lead to parts coming out very close in weight time after time.
It will also let you use a core material to get a really stiff structure without the weight of extra cloth.

Quick Reply